Windows 10: Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update

Discus and support Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Before 1803 update I never had any freezing problem. But after that laptop started to freeze randomly, usually after working a few hours. Then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hercul1017, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update

Hi,

Before 1803 update I never had any freezing problem. But after that laptop started to freeze randomly, usually after working a few hours. Then I could not reset it and sent it to the service. They could not find any problem but reset the laptop (formatted) to version 1607. After making all of the updates (including 1803) I started to get the freeze again.

I believe I see a couple of indications before the freeze.

1. Taskbar starts to have problems. I experienced search box not clickable showed glitches, some windows appeared and disappeared couple times (not always)

Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update ec165f5d-27e6-4148-8a42-eaae68099847?upload=true.png .

2. Always, before the freeze, I see power icon shows wrong value. When I hover shows less than 100% ( 21% above picture) and when clicked shows different but bigger value (99% above picture), while plugged in. However, both value should show 100% because I always use the laptop plugged in.

I use two additional monitors and wireless keyboard and mouse and have a relatively new laptop. Since this is a work laptop I only install necessary programs like Office, Visual Studio 2017, SQL Server. I also use hibernation mode.

Sending laptop to service did not solve the problem. What should I do to fix the problem, any suggestions?

Thanks,

:)

hercul1017, Nov 26, 2018

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update

1. Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update - Similar Threads - randomly freezes since

2. Windows 10 Updates Failed - Stuck at 1803 build since

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates Failed - Stuck at 1803 build since: Ever since 1803 build , i'm unable to update to newer Windows 10 build.Updates still get downloaded and installed, then prompted for restart to finish installation, but failed with unexpected error at 20-30% progress and proceed to revert / remove any changes made, then boot...
  3. Random Freeze since I updated to 21H1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Freeze since I updated to 21H1: This happens from time to time when I am working, but also many times when I wake up the computer from hibertination. It started when I updated to 21H1 a couple of weeks ago.All of a sudden windows becomes super laggy and unresponsive, as if anything would use a lot of...
  4. Windows 10 Quality Update failure since 1803

Windows 10 Quality Update failure since 1803: My bottomline issue is that Windows 10 'quality' updates have been failing to complete since 1803. Feature updates complete successfully. Message received is currently "2020-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4537762) (92) Last failed...
  5. PC Randomly Freezes since Windows 10 Update

PC Randomly Freezes since Windows 10 Update: I updated my PC to Windows 10 from 8.1 in January. Since doing so my PC will randomly freeze completely, resulting in a hard reset.I'm nervous these hard resets will result in data corruption. I've never experienced this before with this particular PC. I've updated ALL...
  6. Windows 10 1803 Update Random Freezes

Windows 10 1803 Update Random Freezes: So I just updated and used Win 10 1803 from 1709 for 6 months, and during these 6 months, I've experienced random freezes while using Windows, especially when I play League Of Legends, the freezes are so annoying, it cannot be the Hardware Problems since my PC has just...
  7. windows update 1803 freezes at 81%

windows update 1803 freezes at 81%: windows update 1803 freezes at 81% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-update-1803-freezes-at-81/a7429edf-b292-46b2-b3f1-1ce54fd6039f
  8. Windows 10 1803 freezing at random.

Windows 10 1803 freezing at random.: The issue I am running into is where my computer is freezing at times. At first, it would freeze after about an hour of in-game time, so I assumed the issue was overheating with my graphics card. I furmarked my card for multiple hours no issue. I then looked into crash dumps...
  9. Freezing since windows update

Freezing since windows update: Hi I left my pc updating with a windows update last week and since then I am now getting a complete freeze within 10 minutes of starting although everything appears to be fine. I have tried so many things to fix it and I have ran out of ideas so im desperate for help. I have...
  10. BSOD randomly since Windows 10 update

BSOD randomly since Windows 10 update: Got the BSOD twice today. First time was "kernel security check failure" and the second was "system thread exception not handled". This system was totally stable before the recent update. I have an HP envy touch 15 with i7 processor, 16gb ram, nvidia graphics, etc....