Windows 10: Windows 10 Randomly Freezing After October Update

Discus and support Windows 10 Randomly Freezing After October Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I've been having constant freezing issues with my Windows 10 after the last update. My PC was perfectly fine just before it, but as soon as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Léon DimitriBarbosa Melo, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Randomly Freezing After October Update

Hello.

I've been having constant freezing issues with my Windows 10 after the last update. My PC was perfectly fine just before it, but as soon as it installed the issue began: windows started to freeze randomly. Most of the times it happens when I open up a program or an app (any), including the browser, and somethings it happens randomly (for example when I'm watching a video in a player or listening to music). It usually lasts for up to 15 seconds, but sometimes it takes up to 30 seconds or more for the computer to get back to normal. When it happens I can't do anything, the mouse cursor still moves, but that's it, everything else becomes frozen. I've also noticed that when it happens the HD light keeps glowing steadily. I'd like to report this problem, and I also wonder if this has happened to anyone else. It's really annoying and it impairs my work with the computer. I don't know why Microsoft keeps pushing releases of broken updated like this one, even when it is known before the release that the update has issues. It's not the first time this happens after an update... last yet the same thing happened, and yet here we are again with the same problem. I just hope for a fix as soon as possible.

:)

Léon DimitriBarbosa Melo, Oct 7, 2018

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Randomly Freezing After October Update

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Randomly Freezing After October Update

1. Windows 10 Randomly Freezing After October Update - Similar Threads - Randomly Freezing October

2. Random Freezes after Windows Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Freezes after Windows Cumulative Update: I'm getting random freezes in my PC after the cumulative updates. I ran driver verifier and it crashes before start windows, with "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION" statement. I'll attach the dmp file result, and I need help to find out which driver is causing the issue....
  3. after windows 10 update, experiencing random computer freezes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after windows 10 update, experiencing random computer freezes.: I have a custom build computer with an AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4.00 GHz, and a GTX 970. I have never had an issue with my computer randomly freezing when I had windows 8 or 8.1. But as soon as i updated to windows 10 I have been experiencing random freezes,...
  4. Random BSOD After October update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD After October update 1809: Hello I have a dell Inspiron 15 3567 running windows 10 1709 with last updates, i did an upgrade the last few days to 1809 October update, But since the upgrade i had a random BSOD all with the same msg «PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ", Note that all my drivers are update....
  5. window 10 octobe update freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    window 10 octobe update freezing: I have a problem with window 10 October update, my laptop was working well with the previous window 10 after installing window 10 October update my laptop started randomly freezing up. mouse wouldn't move, keyboard does nothing, I waited for three hours and nothing worked...
  6. Windows 10 freezing randomly after recent updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezing randomly after recent updates: I am getting all sorts of freezes requiring restore of system to previous versions but, after some time, the system starts freezing again. I have tried all the "tips" which do not work - increasing page file, sfc/scannow, etc. to no avail. today morning I got following errors...
  7. Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update

Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update: I'm struggling to get my PC build from several years ago running without freezes after the latest automatic updates. The PC has run flawlessly since Windows 10 first became available and now, October 2018 it freezes up. At first I thought it was my old wireless keyboard...
  8. Random restarts on boot after October 2018 Update

Random restarts on boot after October 2018 Update: Sometime, 1-3 day interval computer restarts on boot. After restart all is ok. Before October update all working not any problems. Error event: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 18.10.2018 19:38:38 Event ID: 41 Task...
  9. Random freezes after the lastest windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random freezes after the lastest windows 10 updates: Hi guys, Recently from three days ago, ,my HP laptop freezes suddenly and I can't do anything except pushing down the power button until the power goes away and it turns off. When it freezes the mouse doesn't move and none of the keys on keyboard works. The strange thing...
  10. Random Freezes after Recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Freezes after Recent Windows 10 update: Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I apologize if I have posted in the wrong area. I will describe the issue I'm having as best as I can with the limited information I have. So with what seemed to coincide with the Windows 10 Creators Update (though not 100% sure),...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system freez up and reeboots since windows 10 october update

2. matebook randomly hangs

3. windows 10 1809 freezing randomly

4. inspron 7570 and win 10 1809 update freezes,
  5. windows 10 freezes randomly after october update,
  6. windows 10 freezes randomly and works after screen saver starts,
  7. windows 10 freezes randomly for a few seconds update 1803,
  8. debugging freezing windows 10 October 2018,
  9. windows 10 freezes when i move my laptop