Windows 10: Windows 10 Randomly Hibernating

Discus and support Windows 10 Randomly Hibernating in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've run into a strange problem. I needed to travel so I dug up my old laptop to work on the road, it is an HP EliteBook 8440p. It was running Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PragmaticBody81, May 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Randomly Hibernating

I've run into a strange problem. I needed to travel so I dug up my old laptop to work on the road, it is an HP EliteBook 8440p. It was running Windows 7 so I went ahead and upgraded it to Windows 10. Now, I'm noticing that since installing Windows 10, the laptop will randomly go into a hibernation state, even when using the PC. As a matter of fact, it happened while I was typing this. I use the term hibernate because I see the word "locking" then the screen goes black, then 10-20 seconds later the laptop shuts off entirely. I power it back on and it goes through a normal boot process, and all my programs and apps are open where I left off as if I hibernated the laptop. I used Windows 7 for about a day before upgrading, and this never happened. Is there a problem with the OS? Do I need to rollback to Windows 7? This seems to happen regardless of running off AC or Battery power.

I have a theory that because the internal battery is undercharged a third party program reports it only holds 11 mWh that Windows thinks the battery is dying, and Windows 7 didn't have that feature. Might be wrong, I dunno.

I do plan to pick up a new battery very soon here.

Let me know if there is anything I can do. Thanks.

:)

PragmaticBody81, May 26, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 randomly waking from hibernation

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Network from Waking Your PC

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. In Device Manager, under
    Network Adapter,
    Right click and select properties.

c. Go to the Power Management tab. uncheck the box that says: "allow computer to turn off this device to save power".

d. you'll find an “Allow this device to wake the computer” check box, which you should uncheck.

Step2: Run the
    Power troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 wakes randomly from hibernate

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, May 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Randomly Hibernating

hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Randomly Hibernating

1. Windows 10 Randomly Hibernating - Similar Threads - Randomly Hibernating

2. My Windows 10 Pro Keep Hibernate Randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Windows 10 Pro Keep Hibernate Randomly: Hello, My Windows 10 Laptop keeps randomly hibernate, when i watch YouTube screen start to flicker and goes to black screen, i press the power button and it's say continuing windows after that my laptop keeps hibernate After 10 seconds it can also be up to 1 minute, I try to...
  3. My Windows 10 Pro Keep Hibernate Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 Pro Keep Hibernate Randomly: Hello, My Windows 10 Laptop keeps randomly hibernate, when i watch YouTube screen start to flicker and goes to black screen, i press the power button and it's say continuing windows after that my laptop keeps hibernate After 10 seconds it can also be up to 1 minute, I try to...
  4. My Windows 10 Pro Keep Hibernate Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop shut down during sleep or hibernation randomly with power plugged-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shut down during sleep or hibernation randomly with power plugged-in: This happens on average once a week. I put my laptop to sleep or hibernation with power cable plugged in, then when I tried to wake it, it started from a clean boot up and all my opened programs were gone. Battery was still full, so it's not like it ran out of power or...
  6. Laptop shut down during sleep or hibernation randomly with power plugged-in

Laptop shut down during sleep or hibernation randomly with power plugged-in: This happens on average once a week. I put my laptop to sleep or hibernation with power cable plugged in, then when I tried to wake it, it started from a clean boot up and all my opened programs were gone. Battery was still full, so it's not like it ran out of power or...
  7. Windows 11 randomly hibernating and won’t wake up. Tried everything! New build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 randomly hibernating and won’t wake up. Tried everything! New build: New build intel i7 Asus mb ssd try this with disk drive got worse as time goes by. Swapped yesterday to ssd and a new clean install, ran all day not an issue! Started up this am and the problem is back it will shut down but the power light will stay on will not restart until...
  8. Windows 11 randomly hibernating and won’t wake up. Tried everything! New build

Windows 11 randomly hibernating and won’t wake up. Tried everything! New build: New build intel i7 Asus mb ssd try this with disk drive got worse as time goes by. Swapped yesterday to ssd and a new clean install, ran all day not an issue! Started up this am and the problem is back it will shut down but the power light will stay on will not restart until...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 randomly goes into sleep and hibernation modes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 randomly goes into sleep and hibernation modes: Hello and thank you for reading my question. I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 to enjoy the new features of Windows. But ever since the upgrade, my laptop randomly goes into sleep mode while I'm working with it. I tried different methods to stop that...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 randomly goes into sleep and hibernation modes

Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 randomly goes into sleep and hibernation modes: Hello and thank you for reading my question. I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 to enjoy the new features of Windows. But ever since the upgrade, my laptop randomly goes into sleep mode while I'm working with it. I tried different methods to stop that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows constantly hibernating