Windows 10: Windows 10 randomly keeps disconnecting from internet

Discus and support Windows 10 randomly keeps disconnecting from internet in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Before I explain, I use Linux as my primary OS and never have this issue, so I know its not an ethernet wire/router issue. Upon logging in, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Psear, Mar 3, 2021.

1. /u/Psear Win User

Windows 10 randomly keeps disconnecting from internet

Before I explain, I use Linux as my primary OS and never have this issue, so I know its not an ethernet wire/router issue.

Upon logging in, the internet doesn't work, works for a couple minutes and stops again. I have a local proxy which I use in my house and have set it in the system settings. I have set Firefox to use the system proxy, and it occasionally works (?). Not sure why it seems to just drop at random, but that's the issue. Reading online I heard something about a connectivity bug that was fixed in an "optional" update(?). Ive checked for updates in the few minutes it works and apparently everything is up to date. Any tips?

Build is 19042.631, already tried network reset, all the troubleshooters, Ethernet driver reinstall.

submitted by /u/Psear
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Psear, Mar 3, 2021

2. INTERNET KEEPS DISCONNECTING IN WINDOWS 10

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Do you get any error message when the internet disconnects?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to connect through wired connection?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the internet troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Once the window open click on View All located on the left navigation pane.
    • Locate and select Internet Connection and run the in build troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you

further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Mar 3, 2021
  3. JWB2020 Win User
    My PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet

My PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet. Every 10 or so minutes I have to go to the Wi-Fi settings, disconnect it and reconnect to get my internet back. I've been looking for a solution for a few days to no avail. This is
    definitely NOT an internet issue since it ONLY happens to the PC, no other devices. Answers blaming it on my internet is incorrect as it only happens to my computer and not our TV Streming/other computers in the household/Tablets. I have tried
    Troubleshoot network problems etc. This all only started after a Microsoft Windows Update that i completed on 7/28/2020 (just a few days ago). Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you

JWB2020, Mar 3, 2021
  4. thenewguy Win User

Internet keeps disconnecting

I did a reset to windows 8 few weeks ago and since than i had an issue that my internet keeps getting disconnected randomly everytime and all the rest of the computers i had were fine than my brother did a reset to his computer and he started having that issue aswell , i updated to windows 10 hoping it will get fixed by the update by the issue is still happening and my internet keeps going off and on
    how do i fix this issue ?

thenewguy, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 randomly keeps disconnecting from internet - Similar Threads - randomly keeps disconnecting

2. Internet keeps connecting and disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps connecting and disconnecting randomly: Please move the "Ask a question" somewhere else. Took me hours before I realized it was herehttps://youtu.be/3E2L6ON-DksMy internet keeps disconnecting, no networks show, but randomly my ethernet, which is my only internet connection, keeps appearing and disappearing,...
  3. windows keep disconnecting from internet

windows keep disconnecting from internet: i keep having my computer disconnecting i tired of constant fixing it interrupting my work because windows cannot get their **** together make it connect stay connected. i never have this issue with my phone or tablet or other devices its clearly windows tried everything to...
  4. Internet keeps disconnecting randomly after boot

Internet keeps disconnecting randomly after boot: Hi, Every time i reinstall windows i keep getting the same problem. My internet ethernet randomly disconnects. I get the symbol that i have no cable connected then after some seconds it reconnects. It can happen 3-5 times per hour. No one else in my house has this problem...
  5. Internet keeps disconnecting randomly and frequently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet keeps disconnecting randomly and frequently: Hey, as the title says i've been having an issue where my internet would just keep dropping out serveral times in the space of a minute or just one randomly here and there, the icon that usually looks like a small screen turns into a globe looking icon and says im...
  6. Windows 10, keeps disconnecting from internet

Windows 10, keeps disconnecting from internet: I have Windows 10 installed with all the latest updates. When I boot up, the status shows that it's connected to the internet. And it will stay connected until I click on a browser, then it loses the internet connection. It happens in Chrome, Firefox, Edge & Spotify....
  7. Internet randomly disconnects windows 10

Internet randomly disconnects windows 10: So I have a windows 10 pc which I use for schoolwork and video games. So many times while I have been playing the internet just stops working. It makes the sound of a device being unplugged and plugged in and the wifi comes back. I also see the eject device thing at the...
  8. My PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet: My PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet. Every 10 or so minutes I have to go to the Wi-Fi settings, disconnect it and reconnect to get my internet back. I've been looking for a solution for a few days to no avail. This is definitely NOT an internet issue since...
  9. Computer Disconnects From Internet randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Disconnects From Internet randomly: Hey, my PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet. Every 10 or so minutes I have to go to the Wi-Fi settings, disconnect it and reconnect to get my internet back. This is infuriating and I've been looking for a solution for about a month to no avail. This needs to be...
  10. I keep randomly disconnecting from the Internet Post-Upgrade

I keep randomly disconnecting from the Internet Post-Upgrade: So I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 easily but ever since I have upgraded it seems that I keep randomly timing out of my internet service provider. A little ! mark appears right next to my wifi and I have to go in and manually fix it, which is going to be a problem...