Windows 10: Windows 10 randomly locks up

Discus and support Windows 10 randomly locks up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows 10 problem. My PC is randomly locking up. Sometimes while using and sometimes while I am away. I have to power cycle to get it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EgbertLim, Oct 29, 2020.

1. EgbertLim Win User

Windows 10 randomly locks up

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 problem.

My PC is randomly locking up. Sometimes while using and sometimes while I am away. I have to power cycle to get it back. There are no responses to the mouse or keyboard.

I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue, and only have the event files to look at. No dump files or anything else seems to be available.

If there are other log files that could help, please let me know and I will post. Some recent errors are new but the one that has been existing is the DCOM 10016. The others like 7001, 10001 only appeared recently. Thanks

One other thing I noticed is that whenever it freezes it means that there is a windows update or KB available...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjxN-Tq4lC2Mg5Upala8drVryV5pTw

:)

EgbertLim, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Computer Randomly locks up

Ok, so my dads pc (its in sp) completely randomly locks up.

Im not sure what the deal is.

it was working fine, i swapped boards and it game me a memory error but no big deal, fixed that. now, it locks up a few times a day, whether it is in the bios, or post screen, windows, trying to format windows ect.

Im not sure what to do! if its the board i'll rma it and give him "back" the P45 but if its ram or hdd idk...

what do you suggest?

freaksavior, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 randomly locks up

Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 randomly locks up

1. Windows 10 randomly locks up - Similar Threads - randomly locks

2. My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...: Hello,My computer was locked out by BitLocker but it was never enabled and never had an issue for years. I would like to have my computer unlocked. Would someone please assist. Thank you....
  3. My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...: Hello,My computer was locked out by BitLocker but it was never enabled and never had an issue for years. I would like to have my computer unlocked. Would someone please assist. Thank you....
  4. My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 11 PC keeps randomly going to lock screen in middle of work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC keeps randomly going to lock screen in middle of work: In the middle of the work on my computer, every few to 10 minutes, the lock screen is randomly shown, and the screen becomes black.This is terrible, and I don't know what caused it. I didn't change the settings of power and display.I removed and updated all the graphic...
  6. Windows 11 PC keeps randomly going to lock screen in middle of work

Windows 11 PC keeps randomly going to lock screen in middle of work: In the middle of the work on my computer, every few to 10 minutes, the lock screen is randomly shown, and the screen becomes black.This is terrible, and I don't know what caused it. I didn't change the settings of power and display.I removed and updated all the graphic...
  7. My desktop randomly crashed and locked, sometimes even the fan speeds up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop randomly crashed and locked, sometimes even the fan speeds up.: I've been facing some annoying issues with my desktop lately. It randomly freezes, crashes, and the fan speeds up without any clear reason. I am not quite sure is it hardware or OS issue. So could you please help me? I didn't take any photos, but you can imagine the screen...
  8. My desktop randomly crashed and locked, sometimes even the fan speeds up.

My desktop randomly crashed and locked, sometimes even the fan speeds up.: I've been facing some annoying issues with my desktop lately. It randomly freezes, crashes, and the fan speeds up without any clear reason. I am not quite sure is it hardware or OS issue. So could you please help me? I didn't take any photos, but you can imagine the screen...
  9. My mouse click randomly lock itself on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse click randomly lock itself on windows 11: Current version of windows 11 : Hello,After randomly pressing keys on my keyboard for fun. My mouse click ONLY started to lock itself, for example during this period, I am not unable to open an already existing tab on google but I am able to create a new one for example, I am...
  10. My mouse click randomly lock itself on windows 11

My mouse click randomly lock itself on windows 11: Current version of windows 11 : Hello,After randomly pressing keys on my keyboard for fun. My mouse click ONLY started to lock itself, for example during this period, I am not unable to open an already existing tab on google but I am able to create a new one for example, I am...