Windows 10: Windows 10 randomly locks up

Discus and support Windows 10 randomly locks up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows 10 problem. My PC is randomly locking up. Sometimes while using and sometimes while I am away. I have to power cycle to get it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EgbertLim, Oct 29, 2020.

1. EgbertLim Win User

Windows 10 randomly locks up

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 problem.

My PC is randomly locking up. Sometimes while using and sometimes while I am away. I have to power cycle to get it back. There are no responses to the mouse or keyboard.

I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue, and only have the event files to look at. No dump files or anything else seems to be available.

If there are other log files that could help, please let me know and I will post. Some recent errors are new but the one that has been existing is the DCOM 10016. The others like 7001, 10001 only appeared recently. Thanks

One other thing I noticed is that whenever it freezes it means that there is a windows update or KB available...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjxN-Tq4lC2Mg5Upala8drVryV5pTw

:)

EgbertLim, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Computer Randomly locks up

Ok, so my dads pc (its in sp) completely randomly locks up.

Im not sure what the deal is.

it was working fine, i swapped boards and it game me a memory error but no big deal, fixed that. now, it locks up a few times a day, whether it is in the bios, or post screen, windows, trying to format windows ect.

Im not sure what to do! if its the board i'll rma it and give him "back" the P45 but if its ram or hdd idk...

what do you suggest?

freaksavior, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 randomly locks up

Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 randomly locks up

1. Windows 10 randomly locks up - Similar Threads - randomly locks

2. Windows 10 locking randomly while in use

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 locking randomly while in use: Hello, I have my grandmothers Laptop and she is complaining that during solitaire or using the internet the computer will lock on her and say something like your PC is locking now, and i have tried driver updates, windows was up to date, ran windows security and found...
  3. my laptop randomly says "locking" and automatically goes to sleep or hibernate while...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop randomly says "locking" and automatically goes to sleep or hibernate while...: Hi, i have a problem with my laptop. it goes to sleep and hibernate whenever I'm playing games. the screen goes blue and says "locking" randomly. i search in community and mostly said it is battery issue or BIOS issue. I already did all the solved solution but it didn't...
  4. HELP! Windows randomly locks-up/freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Windows randomly locks-up/freezes: It happens randomly and everything becomes unresponsive. I can still move the mouse but nothing else works can't click on anything. I have the lastest windows update recently updated to 2004 version. I have the lastest GPU driver just checked. What could be causing this and...
  5. My laptop will say "locking..." then shut down, randomly, and I need help?

My laptop will say "locking..." then shut down, randomly, and I need help?: [ATTACH] So, I don't know much information about my laptop other than it's a HP windows 10, but everyone once in a while my computer will say locking with a blue background (as show the in the image, but that's just a remake so it looks a bit different.) then it'll shut...
  6. Laptop TouchPad locks up and keyboard types randomly

Laptop TouchPad locks up and keyboard types randomly: Hello Redditors, Recently my keyboard has started to type in random letters when I try to type in something and when this occurs, my touchpad will also lock up. This problem occurs now every time I boot up the laptop and encounter the login screen, I've plugged in a USB...
  7. Mouse locks up and keyboard randomly starts typing letters.

Mouse locks up and keyboard randomly starts typing letters.: I've been having this issue where I'd type in a letter on the keyboard and it'd start typing randomly and with that the mouse pad doesn't work. I do not believe this is an issue with the hardware, it was working just fine and Windows doesn't detect any issues at all with the...
  8. dell latitude locks at random

dell latitude locks at random: ever since i got windows 10, when i leave my laptop plugged in for too long it randomly locks itself and i have to restart it to unlock it. ive tried using different chargers and ive tried updating drives. i have no clue what the problem could be. this isnt urgent because i...
  9. Computer randomly locks while using it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly locks while using it: My PC has started to randomly lock/sleep while using it. This is in the middle of typing/moving the mouse. This is after the resent set of updates. I have checked my CPU temps and they are fine, and it is a desktop. This has happened while playing Resident Evil on Xbox...
  10. My tower PC consistently locks up hangs on boot up and also randomly

My tower PC consistently locks up hangs on boot up and also randomly: I tried to enable boot log and event log but am advised with Event Log "ERROR Browser connection has timed out over 3000ms." I use Google Chrome Can you help as I need to constantly reboot until this issue temporarily stops to allow me time to enter windows 10 to see what...