Windows 10: Windows 10 randomly logs out user, force closes all programs

Discus and support Windows 10 randomly logs out user, force closes all programs in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have the following issue since some weeks. Windows 10 randomly logs me out, when I am idling for a few minutes. I just noticed this the other day,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gorgor, Nov 9, 2019.

1. gorgor Win User

Windows 10 randomly logs out user, force closes all programs

I have the following issue since some weeks. Windows 10 randomly logs me out, when I am idling for a few minutes. I just noticed this the other day, wanting to play Blizzards Overwatch with some friends, being in the queue. Waiting for the game to start, and then Windows 10 would log out the user, and I am on the login screen.

To be clear, the computer doesnt reboot, it doesnt crash. Windows 10 logs the user out. It also doesnt lock the user, it logs it out!

I have totally no idea, whats going on. I am not finding much information about this issue on the web. I found something about it could be related to:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...w7itprogeneral

But I tried the suggestion, deactivating the "Experience Improvement Program" via gpedit, with no effect.

Windows 10 randomly logs out user, force closes all programs [​IMG]

There is not much information in the Windows event logger, just the generic logout event 7002 and 6000 as I see it?

Is there any way to find out, what gave the command to Windows, to log out? It must be some timer or program giving the command, no?

It just happened right now, writing this on my laptop again, this time being on the Desktop, not in Overwatch.

I have no standby activated on the Desktop, no S3, no hibernate.

Is there a way to log, who gave the command to log out? The weird thing is, under security, there is just an "Logon" event, but no logout.

:)

gorgor, Nov 9, 2019

2. how to force closing program when log off (remote desktop connection)

Hi,

my client PC was windows 10 pro 64 bit, and it had remote desktop for his worker standard user which only allow his worker to use that startup program, but everytime he close the remote desktop mean log off, that program cant be shut down and stuck at signing
    out. SO, any solution to force closing the program when the user log off?

Note: the task manager function had disable for the user.

kimhongtoh, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Windows randomly closes

My windows will randomly just close at odd times. Any suggestions?

MelissaPhilbert, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 randomly logs out user, force closes all programs - Similar Threads - randomly logs user

2. All programs sign out on Windows 10 upon logging in to user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All programs sign out on Windows 10 upon logging in to user account: I fully expect this thread to go nowhere, but I cannot for the life of me figure out this problem.I first noticed this bug when all of my desktop apps randomly logged out one day. What do I mean by this? My Google Drive application required me to sign in again, which I was...
  3. All programs sign out on Windows 10 upon logging in to user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All programs sign out on Windows 10 upon logging in to user account: I fully expect this thread to go nowhere, but I cannot for the life of me figure out this problem.I first noticed this bug when all of my desktop apps randomly logged out one day. What do I mean by this? My Google Drive application required me to sign in again, which I was...
  4. All programs sign out on Windows 10 upon logging in to user account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Programs Randomly Closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Randomly Closing: My programs keep randomly closing and I have absolutely no idea why it's occurring in the first place. I'm not getting any error messages. I already looked at a thread that had something similar going on, but that person has error messages regarding being out of memory. This...
  6. Art Programs Randomly Freezing, can't be forced closed, bug out computer, and prevent...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Art Programs Randomly Freezing, can't be forced closed, bug out computer, and prevent...: I've run into a strange issue. When using either Clip Studio or Krita I haven't encountered this issue with Mediabang the program will randomly freeze. Not only will it freeze, but it can't be closed by anything, and windows starts bugging out. I have tried alt+f4, task...
  7. Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs

Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs: I was having an issue where Win 10 would just randomly close anything that was open and take me back to desktop. This would happen with office 2016 programs, browsers, other software and games. Every thread relating to this on this forum had the same answers such as run SFC...
  8. Logging out ! Not closing programs or windows open

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging out ! Not closing programs or windows open: I notice in windows 10 i f you have say you email open and maybe a program and browser window open and then you LOG OFF or restart, and then log back in your programs or widows you left open are still there . How can I make them all close down? Restarting does not do that...
  9. Logging out ! Not closing programs or windows open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logging out ! Not closing programs or windows open: I notice in windows 10 i f you have say you email open and maybe a program and browser window open and then you LOG OFF or restart, and then log back in your programs or widows you left open are still there . How can I make them all close down? Restarting does not do that...
  10. Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs

Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs: I was having an issue where Win 10 would just randomly close anything that was open and take me back to desktop. This would happen with office 2016 programs, browsers, other software and games. Every thread relating to this on this forum had the same answers such as run SFC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 suddenly log out