Windows 10: Windows 10 Randomly Restarting while Gaming

Discus and support Windows 10 Randomly Restarting while Gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is going to be a long description so please bear with me. I am having an issue where my desktop computer has begun randomly crashing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chris Kuiper, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Randomly Restarting while Gaming

This is going to be a long description so please bear with me.

I am having an issue where my desktop computer has begun randomly crashing and restarting. It happens when I move in and out of a graphically intensive program, like a video game (ex. alt tabbing out of league and back in again). The computer just shuts off, similar to a power outage (the computer is on a battery backup that is fully functional), and restarts itself like nothing happened. No blue screen, no error code, no nothing. After checking event viewer all it shows is a critical kernel-power error event 41 task 63, which as you know can mean almost anything.

This started happening only a couple of days ago, perhaps on July 30th. I have rebuilt my computer since then with a new motherboard, cpu, and powersupply, and it is still occurring. I have made sure all of my drivers and motherboard bios are up to date. I have reinstalled windows using a fresh install. Nothing works.

From reading online forums, some people say it usually means you need to update your audio drivers, which I have done twice to no avail.

I honestly have no idea what else to do at this point so I figured I'd talk with you guys to see if you might know whats up.

Here are my current system specs:
    i7 8700k
    z370-i mini itx motherboard
    16 GB DDR4 ram
    1tb samsung 860 evo ssd
    evga 980ti
    600w psu

Here are the system specs before switching out the cpu, motherboard, and power supply:
    i7 6700k
    z170 atx motherboard
    32GB DDR4 ram
    1tb Samsung 860 evo ssd
    evga 980ti
    HX1200i powersupply

Only two of the ram sticks, the ssd, and the graphics card have been carried over from the old build.

Nothing is overclocked, I ran a MEMTEST on the ram and it is fine, I ran stress-tests on the gpu and cpu and they are fine, temperatures and voltages are fine for all components, malware and virus scans showed nothing (remember the issue is persisting through a fresh install of windows 10). From my testing it seems like it's 100% a software problem, especially since my computer had been running fine for over a year until just recently.

What could cause this problem and be able to persist through hardware changes, driver updates, and a fresh Windows 10 install?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Chris Kuiper, Aug 6, 2018

2. Win 10 randomly kills games

Hi Laurynas,

To help you with your issue, we suggest you refer to the links below to get information about compatible games with Windows 10, and troubleshooting steps for crashing game issues:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 6, 2018
  4. RevoLand Win User

Windows 10 Randomly Restarting while Gaming

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Hello,

So this issue has been annoying me since i have changed my old i5-4670 with a ryzen.

Ethernet: Realtek 8111H (MSI X370 Gaming Plus)
    Modem/Router: Airties Air 5760

What i have tried so far to fix my issue:
    • Re-installing Windows
    • Updating Ryzen chipset drivers
    • Updating Realtek LAN drivers (both from MSI & Realtek)
    • Updating MSI' LAN releated drivers (MSI Gaming Lan Manager)
    • Replacing ethernet cable
    • Restarting router to factory settings
    Still no luck, keeps happening randomly. Sometimes it is stable for days then it is not stable for 20 mins. Happening when gaming or idle, or while streaming via steam link.
    Windows' own issue fixer thingy fix the issue for the moment, re-plugging the cable, disabling & enabling the ethernet adapter also fixes the issue for the moment.
    Also i am the only one having this issue in the network, TV and phones are still connected to wifi.

It is started to be real annoying, so time to get help to fix the issue from TPU. Thanks in advance! *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

RevoLand, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Randomly Restarting while Gaming

1. Windows 10 Randomly Restarting while Gaming - Similar Threads - Randomly Restarting while

2. PC randomly restarting while gaming and sometimes while not gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly restarting while gaming and sometimes while not gaming: Starting a few days ago on February 7th my PC has been randomly restarting while gaming for NO REASON. I didn't install anything at all that day that could've possibly messed up my PC, I just got on to play like any ordinary day. Researching through google one of the main...
  3. PC randomly restarting while gaming and sometimes while not gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarting while gaming and sometimes while not gaming: Starting a few days ago on February 7th my PC has been randomly restarting while gaming for NO REASON. I didn't install anything at all that day that could've possibly messed up my PC, I just got on to play like any ordinary day. Researching through google one of the main...
  4. PC randomly restarting while gaming and sometimes while not gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pc random restarts while gaming and editing videos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc random restarts while gaming and editing videos.: Hello, When gaming my pc just restarts , it happens sometimes maybe 2-3 times a week.I use my pc everyday. I have PBO2 and undervolt set. The GPU fans are set a little lower because the sound annoyed me. temp according to NZXT Cam never too high. SPECS; 5900x 3080 Gskill...
  6. Pc random restarts while gaming and editing videos.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc random restarts while gaming and editing videos.: Hello, When gaming my pc just restarts , it happens sometimes maybe 2-3 times a week.I use my pc everyday. I have PBO2 and undervolt set. The GPU fans are set a little lower because the sound annoyed me. temp according to NZXT Cam never too high. SPECS; 5900x 3080 Gskill...
  7. Computer randomly gets high contrast and restarts while gaming

Computer randomly gets high contrast and restarts while gaming: Hi, I got a new computer about a year ago now with a GeForce RTX 3060 driver. I don’t know all that much about computers and I’m sorry if I can’t explain very well. For the past year, while trying to play games, my display screens will randomly get an extremely high contrast...
  8. Random restart while idle

Random restart while idle: Hello all! Hope everyone is doing well. Please kindly see attached for the files compiled by the V2 Log Collector: IANP-LAPTOP-(2021-06-27_15-17-13).zip. My Windows Version is: Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1055). Thank you very much, God bless, stay safe and healthy, and have...
  9. Random restarts while gaming

Random restarts while gaming: Hey everyone, I've been having issues with my computer lately while playing Ark survival evolved. First the game gets stuck, as in the sound bit keeps repeating, the screen either goes black or gets stuck on one fragmented frame, and eventually my PC just reboots itself. So...
  10. Computer randomly restarts while playing certain games

Computer randomly restarts while playing certain games: This happens most often while playing grim dawn, but its happened very rarely on minecraft, sekiro, and titan quest. Sometimes it happens immediately, sometimes I can play for hours with no problems. Temperatures are fine, CPU never going above 60 and GPU never above 50....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 restarts randomly while gaming