Windows 10: Windows 10 randomly slows

Discus and support Windows 10 randomly slows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there. I´m having a weird problem with my computer, and maybe you can help me. I´m usually able to solve this things by myself, but not this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nicolás_, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Nicolás_ Win User

Windows 10 randomly slows

Hello there. I´m having a weird problem with my computer, and maybe you can help me. I´m usually able to solve this things by myself, but not this time.

This is the thing. My Windows 10 started to randomly slow down some months ago. That´s basically it. It didn´t get better after rebooting, and a year had passed since the last Windows install, so I did a clean installation. But still the same problem, even after the first rebooting - and no extra software installed. I thought it was the updates, so I stopped them. But nothing. Same after a new installation with full updates. A third attempt at a clean install was directed to find a driver conflict. I learned that Windows was wrongly updating some drivers, so I stopped that, and installed the correct drivers everywhere. Still the same. I checked the HD health with some software I don´t remember: it was fine; as a matter of fact, the only task that is not slowed down is HD writing: I can copy or download files at normal speed, but everything else, including opening the start menu, is slowed to turtle speed. I use Avira antivirus, and checked for malware with Malware bytes; also nothing. I also checked the event viewer, but there are of course many errors there, and I can´t identify which could be relevant, even focusing on those that occurred when the slowing starts. Also, the usage of resources looks fine during the event: CPU usually under 10% in idle, an doesn´t go up 25% in activity; RAM usage is normally under 30%, and HD at 1%.

I got out of ideas, and let it be. The system eventually returns to normal, usually after a couple hours. And after some weeks, the thing just went away for months, but now it came back.

Despite the general uncertainty of it all, I have been able to identify what seem to be maybe triggers of the event: sometimes it happens when the system goes into suspension; recently, plugging/unplugging the AC charger seems to be the main trigger, though it doesn´t happen everytime.

Some facts: the computer is a Dell Inspiron laptop, 7000 series. CPU: i7-7500U GPU: Intel 620.

If someone has any idea, I´ll be happy to read it.
    Thanks in advance,

N

:)

Nicolás_, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization, Tips and Tricks for your Windows PC

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 randomly slows - Similar Threads - randomly slows

2. Windows 11 random lag spikes slowing down my whole computer randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 random lag spikes slowing down my whole computer randomly.: I keep getting random lag spikes, I've diagnosed a few problems and solved them, but I keep getting more problems regarding lag spikes, one was with the Widgets application, so I uninstalled that entirely, and one with Intel's telemetry, so I disabled that service, but I've...
  3. Windows 11 random lag spikes slowing down my whole computer randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 random lag spikes slowing down my whole computer randomly.: I keep getting random lag spikes, I've diagnosed a few problems and solved them, but I keep getting more problems regarding lag spikes, one was with the Widgets application, so I uninstalled that entirely, and one with Intel's telemetry, so I disabled that service, but I've...
  4. i need help my pc has randomly started becoming slow and i dont know what to do i have done...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help my pc has randomly started becoming slow and i dont know what to do i have done...: i have done the sfc /scannow and it had said that it has repaired some corrupted files but i have restarted my pc and it still is slow and cant run anything properly please help me i dont kmow what to do and im clueless on what to do...
  5. i need help my pc has randomly started becoming slow and i dont know what to do i have done...

i need help my pc has randomly started becoming slow and i dont know what to do i have done...: i have done the sfc /scannow and it had said that it has repaired some corrupted files but i have restarted my pc and it still is slow and cant run anything properly please help me i dont kmow what to do and im clueless on what to do...
  6. i need help my pc has randomly started becoming slow and i dont know what to do i have done...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC randomly slowing down, freezing then giving me the BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly slowing down, freezing then giving me the BSOD.: Hello, my PC has gotten the BSOD a lot recently when I was doing simple tasks. I tried looking at my Event Viewer but I have zero idea how to use it. Someone please help me in anyway you can. I need this PC to work because I do School and my everyday tasks on it. Someone...
  8. PC randomly slowing down, freezing then giving me the BSOD.

PC randomly slowing down, freezing then giving me the BSOD.: Hello, my PC has gotten the BSOD a lot recently when I was doing simple tasks. I tried looking at my Event Viewer but I have zero idea how to use it. Someone please help me in anyway you can. I need this PC to work because I do School and my everyday tasks on it. Someone...
  9. Wi-Fi connection will randomly either A, slow down for a solid minute. B, disconnect...

Wi-Fi connection will randomly either A, slow down for a solid minute. B, disconnect...: Good evening. As of recent, or roughly a month ago; I began to have an issue with my Wi-Fi drivers. Upon checking the Event Viewer, I would see that I would be continuously getting a warning message that read "Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the...
  10. Wi-Fi connection will randomly either A, slow down for a solid minute. B, disconnect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connection will randomly either A, slow down for a solid minute. B, disconnect...: Good evening. As of recent, or roughly a month ago; I began to have an issue with my Wi-Fi drivers. Upon checking the Event Viewer, I would see that I would be continuously getting a warning message that read "Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the...