Windows 10: Windows 10 randomly started to show news in search bar

Discus and support Windows 10 randomly started to show news in search bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Today I wanted to search one of my programs, but suddenly I saw some random news in Search Bar. I haven't seen them before so I'm kinda worried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CingCiong, Nov 3, 2020.

1. CingCiong Win User

Windows 10 randomly started to show news in search bar

Hello

Today I wanted to search one of my programs, but suddenly I saw some random news in Search Bar. I haven't seen them before so I'm kinda worried

:)

CingCiong, Nov 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Nov 3, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 randomly started to show news in search bar

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 randomly started to show news in search bar

1. Windows 10 randomly started to show news in search bar - Similar Threads - randomly started show

2. Random searches showing up in recent history in the Windows search bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random searches showing up in recent history in the Windows search bar.: I was using the search bar until I noticed a bunch of results from previous searches mixed with results of things I've never looked up such as "national sorry day" appear in the recent search history. Is this a recent bug related to a Windows update? I've never had this...
  3. Random searches showing up in recent history in the Windows search bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random searches showing up in recent history in the Windows search bar.: I was using the search bar until I noticed a bunch of results from previous searches mixed with results of things I've never looked up such as "national sorry day" appear in the recent search history. Is this a recent bug related to a Windows update? I've never had this...
  4. Random searches showing up in recent history in the Windows search bar.

in Cortana
  5. Why my Windows 10 start menu search doesn't show any news?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my Windows 10 start menu search doesn't show any news?: According to this https://4sysops.com/archives/deactivate-web-search-in-windows-10-using-group-policies/When I search I should see relevant news? but my doesn't show anything why? Can someone try their windows 10 start menu search and post a screenshot?I have not done...
  6. Windows Search Bar and News and Interests Widget.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar and News and Interests Widget.: https://ibb.co/KrgjYbv I've learned when I updated Windows to the 21H1 update, the current Windows Task bar has an option called the "News and Interests" widget on the task bar. I've disabled it, but apparently my search bar is glitching due to disabling it. The only way to...
  7. Search bar news

in Cortana
    Search bar news: When I click the bar "Type here to search" on the left side populates with news headlines. How do I shut these off or change where they come from? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-news/74a70601-b308-4b46-b4ef-14c94701ee11
  8. Task search bar news headlines

in Cortana
    Task search bar news headlines: Can someone please, for the love of all that is sacred, tell me how to get rid of the news headlines in the windows 10 task search bar such as that in the picture included? If I have to listen to my dad scream about it and how he can't get rid of it anymore I'm going to lose...
  9. Remove Entertainment News from the Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Remove Entertainment News from the Windows 10 search bar: I just did a reinstall on windows 10. Now when I try to search using the search bar, I am presented with Entertainment News. I do not need nor want to see this. How do I remove this from showing up in my search results? Screenshot attached. [ATTACH] Thanks! s/ S...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu Search Bar Not Showing Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Search Bar Not Showing Programs: I have been having a problem with my start menu in Windows 10! When I search up a program like "Paint" or "Photoshop" it does not show up! However, built-in apps such as "Settings" and "Edge" show up! I have tried rebuilding the search index with no luck so far! I...