Windows 10: Windows 10 Randomly wont connect to Printers Managed by Print Manager

Discus and support Windows 10 Randomly wont connect to Printers Managed by Print Manager in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello!! I work at a small University and we have recently upgraded our campus computers to Windows 10 and have had issues with our lab computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ITmatthew, Jan 27, 2020.

1. ITmatthew Win User

Windows 10 Randomly wont connect to Printers Managed by Print Manager

Hello!! I work at a small University and we have recently upgraded our campus computers to Windows 10 and have had issues with our lab computers connecting to the printers. I will leave as much information as I can, but if anyone else has seen this or knows what I can try that would be awesome!

1. Printers are connected through Print Manager via Group Policy. I have looked through GP and tweaked a few things but never got any better results.

2. Stopped users from installing/uninstalling printers.

3. Disabled shut down because it looked like the printer was having issues reloading after shut downs but it turns out it just wont load after signing out and back in.

4. The connection and disconnection is random, didn't find anything in event log that would explain it.

5. This is happening in several labs running different versions of Windows 10.

6. We took the initial lab off group policy and installed manually through Print manager and are still seeing the same issues.

7. We use Papercut which is why we go through print manager, but don't see any issues with Papercut alone. Still maybe the issue though?

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Matthew

:)

ITmatthew, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jan 27, 2020
  3. HP6520 printer unable to print on Windows 10

Hi Ray,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you facing issues with printing do let us know the following:

• What exactly happens when you try to print the content?
    • Is this printer works fine when connected to different computer?
    • How have you connected the printer to your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or outdated printer drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

I suggest you to try the below and check.

Step 1: Run printer troubleshooter from the below link:

Fix printer problems

Step 2: I suggest you to remove and update the drivers for the printer and check if it helps.

To remove printer driver from Device manager:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc in
      Run
      window to open Device Manager window.
    • Under Print queues, right click on the printer and
      uninstall.

To install the printer driver refer to: HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 27, 2020
  4. YanAndrew Win User

Print Management Not Found in Windows 10 Home Edition

Hi Guys,

Firstly, my apologies if I've posted this in the wrong channel, I thought this is the most appropriate one for my query, which is about Print Management (printmanagement.msc).

My Acer Aspire AX3950 64-bit runs the Windows 10 Home edition, upgraded and clean installed thereafter. There are currently quite a few printer options in my Microsoft packages, most of them Offline. There are also "copies" of those printers in the printer list. I learned that to remove the unused ones, I need Print Management (printmanagement.msc). However, from googling, I found out that Print Management is not found in the Windows 10 Home edition.

My query is, how do I then clean out those unused printer options in my Microsoft packages without Print Management?

Regards,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Randomly wont connect to Printers Managed by Print Manager - Similar Threads - Randomly wont connect

2. edge://settings/printing#:~:text=Manage-,printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge://settings/printing#:~:text=Manage-,printers: edge://settings/printing#:~:text=Manage-,printers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edgesettingsprintingtextmanage-printers/8c1ee267-7adc-4960-80f9-7fcb6b8aaf8a
  3. edge://settings/printing#:~:text=Manage-,printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge://settings/printing#:~:text=Manage-,printers: edge://settings/printing#:~:text=Manage-,printers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edgesettingsprintingtextmanage-printers/8c1ee267-7adc-4960-80f9-7fcb6b8aaf8a
  4. Print Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Manager: Hello, I hope someone can help me. I am using a windows server 2012R2I am trying to add a printer in print manager but when I attempt to complete the install I receive the error below."Printer driver not installed. This action requires an interactive Windows Station".Any help...
  5. Print Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Manager: Hello, I hope someone can help me. I am using a windows server 2012R2I am trying to add a printer in print manager but when I attempt to complete the install I receive the error below."Printer driver not installed. This action requires an interactive Windows Station".Any help...
  6. Print Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Printer wont print.

Printer wont print.: Since the Microsoft update on Wednesday 10.6.2020 my printer will no longer print, the printer is installed and set as my default & I can still scan documents to my computer but not print from the computer. The printer will also copy so it's looking like something was altered...
  8. Print Management

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Management: Print Management canot read other computers printer on our domain. It says when I try to add a printer to one with the red arrow the printer spooler needs to be turned on the remote server (PC) and it is running on the remote server. I am on a domain I am running win 10 and...
  9. printer wont print

printer wont print: My Epson printer has been sitting for quite a while. I put new ink in it. It just wont print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-wont-print/99f8c35f-a26d-4fa4-8501-5428e7320e54
  10. Printer wont print

Printer wont print: My printers(2 different printer) wont print. They were both working fine before but i think after one of the windows update, it changes something. Both printer are recognize by my pc and one of my printer can still scan but they both wint print. So i tried ti do a...