Windows 10: Windows 10 ransomware protection keeps blocking most of my games in some ways.

Discus and support Windows 10 ransomware protection keeps blocking most of my games in some ways. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, i had some issues with my computer and windows the past couple of weeks, i started looking around in fonctions of windows and on forums about all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ipodjo, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Ipodjo Win User

Windows 10 ransomware protection keeps blocking most of my games in some ways.

So, i had some issues with my computer and windows the past couple of weeks, i started looking around in fonctions of windows and on forums about all the problems i was getting, at some point i was looking throught windows security and saw that there was a ransomware protection function, i then looked into it and decided to activated it for more protection. why not use it since it is a function of windows and that it is supposed to give us more protection .. however, once that was done, i started to have issues with some games, and even have games not even wanting to start or not even be abl

:)

Ipodjo, Sep 9, 2021
  2. trparky Win User
    Say goodbye to ransomware with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Yes, ransomware will be a thing of the past with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update thanks to something called "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Defender.

Windows 10 will hide your important files from ransomware soon | The Verge

These are protections for your files against ransomware at the kernel and Windows Defender level. Rest easy, your files are safe.

About damn time Microsoft!

trparky, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 ransomware protection keeps blocking most of my games in some ways.

1. Windows 10 ransomware protection keeps blocking most of my games in some ways. - Similar Threads - ransomware protection keeps

2. Windows 10 Real-time protection/ransomware block

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Real-time protection/ransomware block: I want to use the Windows 10 Real-time protection/ransomware block yet Windows security will not allow because it states I am using other antivirus providers. Sure, I have Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware yet those programs are the free versions and not providing real-time...
  3. Ransomware Protection keeps blocking svchost.exe

Ransomware Protection keeps blocking svchost.exe: Recently for whatever reason my Ransomware Protection has started to block svchost.exe from %userprofile%\videos? This happens every time I turn on my PC, I also very odd to because last I checked svchost.exe is legitimate host process and this has just started happening out...
  4. Access to Ransomware Protection blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access to Ransomware Protection blocked: I've seen multiple articles published recently that mention that Microsoft has built in ransomeware protection in Windows 10 and suggest that you can access this protection by specifying "Rasomware Protection" in the search bar. I've done this but when I press enter to access...
  5. Microsoft Defender Ransomware Protection Block Powershell.exe

Microsoft Defender Ransomware Protection Block Powershell.exe: windows Defender block this App Protecd Folder: %system%\CatRoot -Chome.exe -MRT.exe -powershell.exe -takeown.exe ********** And *********** -mscorsvw.exe (windows Defender block this App Protecd Folder:%system%\config\systemprofile) -attrib.exe (windows Defender block this...
  6. Ransomware Protection in Windows 10 Blocked My Game

Ransomware Protection in Windows 10 Blocked My Game: Ransomware protection in Windows Defender all of a sudden decides that the .exe file for one of my games is a low threat and has blocked it from running and I can't play this particular game. I've been playing this game on and off for the past 8 years without a problem and...
  7. WinSAT.exe blocked by Windows Security Ransomware Protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinSAT.exe blocked by Windows Security Ransomware Protection: Windows 10 Home 1909 Protected Memory Access Blocked for WinSAT.exe Protected Folder: \Device\HarddiskVolume3 I have been having problems connecting external hard drives (that's on another thread on this forum) and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it? I've...
  8. Windows Defender and Ransomware Protection Keep Deactivating

Windows Defender and Ransomware Protection Keep Deactivating: Since the previous Windows Update on restart either Windows Defender is deactivated or I'm shut out of ransomware protection settings, I'm not sure though if ransomware protection is disabled. When I reactivate Windows Defender I also have to reactivate periodic scanning....
  9. Windows 10 Ransomware protection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Ransomware protection: I have been having continued problems with my HP PC since installing the Windows Defender anti Ransomware software. I have checked thoroughly for any malware on my PC. Window updates are installed to date. All drivers and software are up to date. but with the Ransomware...
  10. Win 10 Ransomware protection blocks iTunes

Win 10 Ransomware protection blocks iTunes: Enabled Ransomware protection and now iTunes won't open. If I turn it off iTunes opens fine. I assume its because a default folder that iTunes uses (Music?) is part of the protected folders. I use the iTunes program, not the new app that MS recently added to their store. I...