Windows 10: Windows 10 RDP session MS Access

Discus and support Windows 10 RDP session MS Access in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a MS Access 2019 program that checks every 5 minutes on a database, if it has to do something. I am running this on a Windows 10 workstation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gerhardb212, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 RDP session MS Access

I have a MS Access 2019 program that checks every 5 minutes on a database, if it has to do something. I am running this on a Windows 10 workstation (1903) remotely using remote desktop.

The problem is the following:

This works absolutely perfect as long as I am connected to the workstation, i.e. it fulfills its task, when there is something to do, goes back to waiting, fulfills its task, etc.

When I am disconnected, it works too, until the MS Access program finds something to do. Then it idles, until I reconnect. As soon as I connect, it starts working on its task.

I had had the same program for months on another Windows 10 workstation (1803) on the console without problems, i.e. it worked, even when I locked the screen.

Does anyone have an idea why?

:)

Gerhardb212, Aug 10, 2019

2. RDP session

I have a video wall with 10 screens and I am using windows 10 enterprise, I can't span an RDP session to another screen it seems to be locked to the main screen

JohnNic212, Aug 10, 2019
  3. JimGing Win User
    Server 2016 Essentials RDP session - no keyboard or mouse

After installing the latest build 14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161014-1755 I'm having this problem.

When reconnecting to a previously disconnected but running desktop session, after authentication I receive a black screen and shortly thereafter the session quits with the following error:

"Failed to reconnect to your remote session.

Please try to connect again."

This behavior is the same with MS RDP client in both Windows 10 and Android MS RDP client version 4.2.

If I connect from Linux the behavior is slightly different. Here I am able to connect to the session and see the desktop but I'm not able to get a response from keyboard or mouse. It's as if the session is not listening for input. The session remains
    alive (animations continue to update e.g. clock) until I disconnect.

So far the only way I'm able to restore normal RDP session behavior is to reboot the server.

JimGing, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 RDP session MS Access

Prevent Forced Log-Off on Windows 10 when I end RDP session

Hello.

I have an old Laptop which I use to download files from my super slow internet and act as a NAS on the local LAN with an external hard disk. It has been running Windows 7 for years. The main method I use to access it is via RDP (Locally or over the internet).
    Whenever I would disconnect an RDP session, the user would remain logged on, with all the apps started in the RDP session continuing to run.

I upgraded to Windows 10 today. The RDP behaviour seems to have changed.

Whenever I disconnect the RDP session, the user would be logged off and all apps started by me killed. Whenever I login again (either locally or via RDP), a brand new session would start.

1. This happens immediately after I disconnect the RDP session

2. I have tried setting the idle timeout in Group Policy to never, doesn't help.

Is there any way to override this in Windows 10?

*Edit - I tried Windows 8.1 and the same behaviour exists there, too.

Ronit Bhattacharjee, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 RDP session MS Access

1. Windows 10 RDP session MS Access - Similar Threads - RDP session Access

2. "g" key sticks in RDP sessions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "g" key sticks in RDP sessions: Hello, Lately in the past few days or so we've had multiple users with the same issue. Whenever I enter any RDP session in full-screen mode, the "g" key is stuck. It inputs "g" over and over every 3-4 seconds. Is anyone else experiencing this?...
  3. Accessing a WIndows 10 PC via RDP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing a WIndows 10 PC via RDP: I have recently replaced a Windows 7 PC with a new Windows 10 PC. The user of this PC needs to be able to access it through our VPN as they did before. The PC they access from is Windows 8.1. After the swap out, we can access other PCs on our internal network just like we did...
  4. No audio input picked up in RDP session (win10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    No audio input picked up in RDP session (win10): Hello, My PC's audio input is not being picked up by the remote machine. Checked the usual suspects i.e. connection settings, group policy, fDisableAudioCapture, remote desktop services (like port redirection). All seems to be as you'd expect and the remote audio device...
  5. RDP session

RDP session: I have a video wall with 10 screens and I am using windows 10 enterprise, I can't span an RDP session to another screen it seems to be locked to the main screen...
  6. Unable to launch applications in RDP session

Unable to launch applications in RDP session: Issue: User is unable to launch applications when connected to a device through RDP To clarify: RDP connection itself is successful. User is can access device. But when user clicks an application, it does not launch. User IS able to launch applications when signed into...
  7. Windows 10 Post In Place Upgrade RDP Session Disconnects

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Post In Place Upgrade RDP Session Disconnects: I have issues after upgrading my Windows 7 Pro pc's via the in place method with RDP sessions kicking out. It is completely logging me out, I'm an admin on the domain, I have to connect via rdp again and it sometimes defaults to the local admin creds being displayed. Also, I...
  8. Hyper-V causes "stutter" from RDP sessions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper-V causes "stutter" from RDP sessions: I have a laptop (Lenovo P51 for reference) that I installed Hyper-V onto so that I could used Docker for Windows. I always connect to this machine via RDP, but since the install of hyper-v i get a stutter when typing in documents/webpages etc (Not talking about the VM......
  9. Activate Screensaver when disconnecting from RDP session

Activate Screensaver when disconnecting from RDP session: Hello, I have my desktop at home setup so that I can use Windows Remote Desktop to remote into it and do work. When I'm done, I usually just close the RDP session window, leaving my computer at home logged in, but locked (because I have other server processes running). If...
  10. Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session: Normally if I RDP to an active remote desktop with only my single user account with admin rights, remote desktop signs out, and I connect via rdp no problem. However recently, it does not sign out out remote user, and the (RDP lient jumps to a OTHER USER login screen....