Windows 10: Windows 10 RDP session MS Access

Discus and support Windows 10 RDP session MS Access in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a MS Access 2019 program that checks every 5 minutes on a database, if it has to do something. I am running this on a Windows 10 workstation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gerhardb212, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 RDP session MS Access

I have a MS Access 2019 program that checks every 5 minutes on a database, if it has to do something. I am running this on a Windows 10 workstation (1903) remotely using remote desktop.

The problem is the following:

This works absolutely perfect as long as I am connected to the workstation, i.e. it fulfills its task, when there is something to do, goes back to waiting, fulfills its task, etc.

When I am disconnected, it works too, until the MS Access program finds something to do. Then it idles, until I reconnect. As soon as I connect, it starts working on its task.

I had had the same program for months on another Windows 10 workstation (1803) on the console without problems, i.e. it worked, even when I locked the screen.

Does anyone have an idea why?

:)

Gerhardb212, Aug 10, 2019

2. RDP session

I have a video wall with 10 screens and I am using windows 10 enterprise, I can't span an RDP session to another screen it seems to be locked to the main screen

JohnNic212, Aug 10, 2019
  3. JimGing Win User
    Server 2016 Essentials RDP session - no keyboard or mouse

After installing the latest build 14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161014-1755 I'm having this problem.

When reconnecting to a previously disconnected but running desktop session, after authentication I receive a black screen and shortly thereafter the session quits with the following error:

"Failed to reconnect to your remote session.

Please try to connect again."

This behavior is the same with MS RDP client in both Windows 10 and Android MS RDP client version 4.2.

If I connect from Linux the behavior is slightly different. Here I am able to connect to the session and see the desktop but I'm not able to get a response from keyboard or mouse. It's as if the session is not listening for input. The session remains
    alive (animations continue to update e.g. clock) until I disconnect.

So far the only way I'm able to restore normal RDP session behavior is to reboot the server.

JimGing, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 RDP session MS Access

Prevent Forced Log-Off on Windows 10 when I end RDP session

Hello.

I have an old Laptop which I use to download files from my super slow internet and act as a NAS on the local LAN with an external hard disk. It has been running Windows 7 for years. The main method I use to access it is via RDP (Locally or over the internet).
    Whenever I would disconnect an RDP session, the user would remain logged on, with all the apps started in the RDP session continuing to run.

I upgraded to Windows 10 today. The RDP behaviour seems to have changed.

Whenever I disconnect the RDP session, the user would be logged off and all apps started by me killed. Whenever I login again (either locally or via RDP), a brand new session would start.

1. This happens immediately after I disconnect the RDP session

2. I have tried setting the idle timeout in Group Policy to never, doesn't help.

Is there any way to override this in Windows 10?

*Edit - I tried Windows 8.1 and the same behaviour exists there, too.

Ronit Bhattacharjee, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 RDP session MS Access

1. Windows 10 RDP session MS Access - Similar Threads - RDP session Access

2. RDP session - fix windows on the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP session - fix windows on the desktop: Hello,I use an RDP session to remote into a PC. I am using a 34" monitor. When I start my RDP session all the windows are on the right or full screen I have to resize them and move them to the left. The RDP session is on a computer that has 2x24" monitorsIs there any way to...
  3. RDP session - fix windows on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP session - fix windows on the desktop: Hello,I use an RDP session to remote into a PC. I am using a 34" monitor. When I start my RDP session all the windows are on the right or full screen I have to resize them and move them to the left. The RDP session is on a computer that has 2x24" monitorsIs there any way to...
  4. Windows 10 RDP Session Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 RDP Session Freezing: We are using Claris filemaker pro 19.6.3.302 on Windows 10.. we keep getting applications freezes randomly and the app will not error or close you have to end task... you only get a spinning circle... I created DMP file while it happened but do not know how to read it.. Can...
  5. Windows 10 RDP Session Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 RDP Session Freezing: We are using Claris filemaker pro 19.6.3.302 on Windows 10.. we keep getting applications freezes randomly and the app will not error or close you have to end task... you only get a spinning circle... I created DMP file while it happened but do not know how to read it.. Can...
  6. Windows 10 RDP Session Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. RDP session becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP session becomes unresponsive: Hello,In my company we have an HP server with the Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation operating system. We have been using it for four years, mainly through RDP. About a month ago, the sessions to the server from the work terminals began to be interrupted. We read a lot on the...
  8. RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager: I recently updated my work computer to Windows 11 about bought a new laptop that also uses Windows 11. When I work from home I used Remote Desktop Connection to log into my work computer. I'm fine for a decent number of hours but then suddenly I get bumped from the work...
  9. Multiple simultanious RDP Session in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multiple simultanious RDP Session in windows 10.: Hi! Have been trying to figure out is there any possibility of a license that allows multiple simultaneous users login to windows 10? kindly share your thoughts on the same....
  10. RDP session

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP session: I have a video wall with 10 screens and I am using windows 10 enterprise, I can't span an RDP session to another screen it seems to be locked to the main screen...