Windows 10: Windows 10 RDP vs Windows 7 RDP

Discus and support Windows 10 RDP vs Windows 7 RDP in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Wondering if anyone can suggest anything or advise what could be causing the issue. I have a user with 2 laptops (Windows 7 -old laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by D3LL, Jan 13, 2021.

1. D3LL Win User

Windows 10 RDP vs Windows 7 RDP

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can suggest anything or advise what could be causing the issue.

I have a user with 2 laptops (Windows 7 -old laptop and Windows 10 - new laptop)
    They use a VPN on both to connect to the company network (same exact settings on both).

They then RDP from the laptop to their office machine (Also Windows10) and then from that machine access a portal via Chrome.

When accessing this via the Windows 7 Laptop the portal is instant, things like clicking new entry and checking entry logs, all load pretty much instantly).

However, when RDPIng to the same office machine on the new Windows 10 Laptop the portal (and yes only really the portal is slow).

The only different between the laptops I can see is the resolution that RDP is used in.
    Things I have tried:
    Enable/Disable Caching
    Clearing the cache
    Lowering the colors (improved slightly)
    Lowering the experience to dial up/slow connection (even though they are on FTTC).
    Lowering the resolution to the same as the Windows 7 laptop via RDP on the new windows 10 laptop - which improved performance massively, but they wasn't able to make this window full screen.

What else could it be or what could I try to get around this?

:)

2. RDP from Windows 7 to Windows 10 issue

Hi,

I have windows 10 Pro V1803 Build 17134.48, and I have three other PCs with Windows 7 SP1.

Both computers are up-to-date with latest patches from Microsoft.

Firewalls are disabled on both sides

I was able to RDP from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and from windows 10 to windows 7 with no issues.

After the windows recent update from MicrosWindows10, I can not RDP from windows 7 to windows 10 any more....

I still can RDP from Windows 10 to Windows 7 but I cant do RDP from Windows 7 to windows 10. it gives me error that the computer is not in the network or RDP is not enable.

** Please note that I can RDP from another computer with windows 10 to windows 10 with no issues...

sshahlapour, Jan 13, 2021
  3. forresto Win User
    RDP no sound

Windows 10 with Hyper-V. Windows 10 RDP.
    -tested OK: XP VM sound is OK via RDP
    -BAD: Windows 10 RDPing to windows 7 VM sound is NOT working
    -tested OK: Windows 7 RDPing to windows 7vm sound is working.

Windows 7 is a fresh install with no updates, waiting on them is like waiting for grass to grow, dunno if updates are working yet.

I have tried to install a virtual audio device in Windows 7, no luck
    I have tried finding a downgrade from the RDP protocol, but failed.
    While in the RDP session I see "remote audio" as the default and only device, when I right-click test the sound bar moves. "configure" is greyed out.
    All volume controls are at max, nothing is muted.
    Sounds from win 10 to xp rdp work but not rdp to this Windows 7VM

help?

forresto, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Windows 10 RDP vs Windows 7 RDP

RDP not working on MAC

In order to keep things simple I suggest you start by using a Windows PC to connect to your RDP host.

Remember also that the RDP host must run Windows Professional.

Frederik Long, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 RDP vs Windows 7 RDP

1. Windows 10 RDP vs Windows 7 RDP - Similar Threads - RDP RDP

2. Windows Sandbox / RDP Distorted Graphics Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sandbox / RDP Distorted Graphics Issues: Hello!Since I've upgraded the GPU from GF 1660Ti to MSI 7900XTX I've seen that now there's some graphics issues when I'm trying to use the Windows Sandbox on my PC, or trying to remote connect for example, local RDP to my PC from the other device - smartphone, tablet, etc.....
  3. Windows Sandbox / RDP Distorted Graphics Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sandbox / RDP Distorted Graphics Issues: Hello!Since I've upgraded the GPU from GF 1660Ti to MSI 7900XTX I've seen that now there's some graphics issues when I'm trying to use the Windows Sandbox on my PC, or trying to remote connect for example, local RDP to my PC from the other device - smartphone, tablet, etc.....
  4. Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10: Mac OS 14Windows 10 22h2RDP 10.9.6 & RDP 10.9.7 BetaThis issue only exists when I use my MacBook Air - Remoting into a windows 10 desktop. I will print something FROM the windows desktop onto a local printer where the Mac is. I’m trying to print forms in landscape orientation...
  5. Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10

Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10: Mac OS 14Windows 10 22h2RDP 10.9.6 & RDP 10.9.7 BetaThis issue only exists when I use my MacBook Air - Remoting into a windows 10 desktop. I will print something FROM the windows desktop onto a local printer where the Mac is. I’m trying to print forms in landscape orientation...
  6. Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.: Hi Im starting this new issue because it is impossible to find answers amongst all the issues with RDP not connecting or disconnecting. That is not my issue. It connects fine. It does not disconnect.I used to use RDP to connect to a server on my own home LAN, and in the past...
  8. Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.

Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.: Hi Im starting this new issue because it is impossible to find answers amongst all the issues with RDP not connecting or disconnecting. That is not my issue. It connects fine. It does not disconnect.I used to use RDP to connect to a server on my own home LAN, and in the past...
  9. USB Redirection disconnects RDP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Redirection disconnects RDP: HiI connect to a Windows 2019 server via Remote Desktop and use the USB redirection to transfer files.When I transfer files to the server with the USB redirection, it will lock up and disconnect. Has anyone seen this issue before.Smaller files seems to be fine but files of...
  10. USB Redirection disconnects RDP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Redirection disconnects RDP: HiI connect to a Windows 2019 server via Remote Desktop and use the USB redirection to transfer files.When I transfer files to the server with the USB redirection, it will lock up and disconnect. Has anyone seen this issue before.Smaller files seems to be fine but files of...