Windows 10: Windows 10 re-activation issues when upgraded from Windows7

Discus and support Windows 10 re-activation issues when upgraded from Windows7 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello All, We face this issue with the second original Dell machine, which was purchased with Windows 7, then upgraded to Windows 10 in the free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AdminBVH, Jan 11, 2019.

1. AdminBVH Win User

Windows 10 re-activation issues when upgraded from Windows7

Hello All,

We face this issue with the second original Dell machine, which was purchased with Windows 7, then upgraded to Windows 10 in the free period.

There were no hardware changes to the PC and after using them with Windows 10 for several years the re-activation would not complete even after re-entering the original Windows 7 product key.

I had a couple of call with the Windows Activation support and they found the key valid.

They also advised to ask for "Up and Running Windows" support.

This what I have already tried on one of the PCs from the suggestions get from the calls:

- Force Installed 1809 as Windows Update was not picking that up

- changed various firewall setting even turning it off completely

- turned off and on the proxy server setup

I usually get 0x800704cF or similar activation servers unreachable error codes after entering the product key once again.

Internet access is working properly as I am writing this from one of the machines.

Re-activation from the same company network works fine for other PCs also upgraded from Windows8&8.1 even when having some HW changes.

Could you please help me what to check to complete the re-activation of these machines?

Thanks,

Attila

:)

AdminBVH, Jan 11, 2019
  2. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 re-activation issues when upgraded from Windows7 [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 11, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 re-activation issues when upgraded from Windows7 - Similar Threads - activation issues upgraded

2. Windows7 upgrade Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows7 upgrade Windows10: विंडो 7 को विंडो 10 में अपग्रेड कैसे करें https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows7-upgrade-windows10/f4718809-5ea1-4edb-be7e-19d2b2c98098
  3. Windows7 upgrade Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows7 upgrade Windows10: विंडो 7 को विंडो 10 में अपग्रेड कैसे करें https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows7-upgrade-windows10/f4718809-5ea1-4edb-be7e-19d2b2c98098
  4. Windows7 upgrade Windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrading from Windows7 to Windows10

Upgrading from Windows7 to Windows10: Have very basic knowledge, though made this PC in 2010. Having failed twice to upgrade to Win10 through Media Creation Tool 21H, wherein I choose to upgrade the existing Win7 OS.and got failure message "......the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation"Hence...
  6. Re: Window Activation Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re: Window Activation Issue: Recently, bought a Surface 2 however after using for a few weeks, encountered an issue prompting that the window license will expire soon. For your information, currently, the window is activated using organisation's activation service. Kindly advise how to remedy this...
  7. Inplace Upgrade Windows7 to Windows 10

Inplace Upgrade Windows7 to Windows 10: HI All, I am facing an issue while using inplace upgrade Windows 7 to Windows10. Below is the Scenario After building the WDS server with the iso October 2019 Windows 10 we have launched a test on two PC PC1 --> 64 bit (domain-joined) - Upgraded to Win10 64-bit...
  8. Re-upgrade to Windows 10 - activation ok?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-upgrade to Windows 10 - activation ok?: I recently upgraded a laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10, activated it, and received confirmation that the upgrade was valid. Unfortunately a couple of days later, before I backed up the C: drive, the laptop said its boot partition was corrupt and wouldn't boot up. I...
  9. Windows 10 re-activation from free upgrade

Windows 10 re-activation from free upgrade: I had an old motherboard that came with Windows 7, and when Windows 10 was offered for existing Windows 7 users I upgraded to that. Now, I bought a new motherboard and am asked to activate windows 10, but when I try to activate it it says its unable to. My question is, will I...
  10. problem encountered during windows 10 upgrade from Windows7

problem encountered during windows 10 upgrade from Windows7: After downloading updates , I get the screen that says that Mobile Intel 4 Series express chipset not compatible with the computer. Windows 10 will not display correctly . What should I do next? click confirm to continue? This display is 1600X900. Please advise . 118042