Windows 10: Windows 10 Re-Activation on new hardware

Discus and support Windows 10 Re-Activation on new hardware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear all, I was forced to change my motherboard and PSU today(Everything else is the same) as they were both damaged. Upon returning home I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by k0urosh, Apr 21, 2019.

1. k0urosh Win User

Windows 10 Re-Activation on new hardware

Dear all,

I was forced to change my motherboard and PSU today(Everything else is the same) as they were both damaged. Upon returning home I just noticed that it says I have to reactivate Windows. I got this pc with Windows 8.1 and when 10 was released I got the free upgrade.

Not knowing something like this would happen I searched the internet and eventually found the Microsoft account link. Through my university I have a Microsoft account but when I type it in for the recently changed hardware Microsoft account link it says "The Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account". This is an email ending with ".edu.my" for what it matters.

I do not have the original windows 8.1 key, I lost access to that and some other stuff when some personal things happened at home.

Am I doomed to having no proper windows now? Is there any way I can get back my proper windows 10 license?

Thank you very much

P.S Assuming my situation cannot be fixed, how bad is it to live with a non activated windows? Am I at a big risk of any kind?

:)

k0urosh, Apr 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 21, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Apr 21, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This kinda sucks. However, if one is upgrading from a retail W7/8, then it should activate on different hardware, with possible phone activation required if it's been over 120 days or whatever the timeout period is now since the last activation. Remember to erase the copy on the old hardware, of course.

qubit, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Re-Activation on new hardware - Similar Threads - Activation hardware

2. hardware upgrade - windows activation not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hardware upgrade - windows activation not working: I did post this previously but accidentally using the wrong Microsoft account, but I've added more info based on answers thereI've recently done a hardware upgrade and now it can't activate my previous Windows account. When I've followed the Troubleshoot guide it can't find...
  3. hardware upgrade - windows activation not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hardware upgrade - windows activation not working: I did post this previously but accidentally using the wrong Microsoft account, but I've added more info based on answers thereI've recently done a hardware upgrade and now it can't activate my previous Windows account. When I've followed the Troubleshoot guide it can't find...
  4. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change: In 2019 I upgraded from an OEM version disc which I purchased from a PV supplier of Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free. A new product key was issued by Microsoft and activated when I upgraded, replacing the original Windows 7 product key. I have recently upgraded my PC hardware...
  5. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change: In 2019 I upgraded from an OEM version disc which I purchased from a PV supplier of Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free. A new product key was issued by Microsoft and activated when I upgraded, replacing the original Windows 7 product key. I have recently upgraded my PC hardware...
  6. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

7. Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes: Hey guys,I need help, I've tried trouble shooter, and virtual helper, gotten no progress. I've upgraded my hardware with a new motherboard etc, but I'm unable to activate my windows 10.I originally bought windows 7, and upgraded it with the free upgrade to win 10 long ago. I...
  8. Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes: Hey guys,I need help, I've tried trouble shooter, and virtual helper, gotten no progress. I've upgraded my hardware with a new motherboard etc, but I'm unable to activate my windows 10.I originally bought windows 7, and upgraded it with the free upgrade to win 10 long ago. I...
  9. Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes

10. Trouble Activating Windows 11, after a hardware change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Activating Windows 11, after a hardware change.: after a hardware change, it's been giving me an error message, saying something interrupted our troubleshooting, with error code of 0x80004005, when I try to troubleshoot it, it gives another error message saying the same thing but a different error code, 0x8007000d, I have...