Windows 10: Windows 10 Re-Activation Woes

Discus and support Windows 10 Re-Activation Woes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've recently received a used Windows 10 laptop. It was already registered by the previous owner, but in order to use the laptop, I needed to reset it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dallas Martin-Arsenault, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Windows 10 Re-Activation Woes

I've recently received a used Windows 10 laptop. It was already registered by the previous owner, but in order to use the laptop, I needed to reset it first because of a forgotten password. It said it needed to be activated, with the watermark in the bottom of the screen. In the activation page, it says it "needs to be connected to the organization's activation server".

:)

Dallas Martin-Arsenault, Feb 1, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 1, 2023
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Feb 1, 2023
  4. skippy258 Win User

Windows 10 Re-Activation Woes

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From Why can't I activate Windows? - Microsoft Support

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 Re-Activation Woes [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 Re-Activation Woes

1. Windows 10 Re-Activation Woes - Similar Threads - Activation Woes

2. Windows 10 Re-Activation Woes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Re-Activation Woes: I've recently received a used Windows 10 laptop. It was already registered by the previous owner, but in order to use the laptop, I needed to reset it first because of a forgotten password. It said it needed to be activated, with the watermark in the bottom of the screen. In...
  3. Windows 10 Re-Activation Woes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Re-Activation Woes: I've recently received a used Windows 10 laptop. It was already registered by the previous owner, but in order to use the laptop, I needed to reset it first because of a forgotten password. It said it needed to be activated, with the watermark in the bottom of the screen. In...
  4. Activation woes after updating to Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation woes after updating to Windows 11 22H2: In March 2018 I purchased a Dell XPS 13 laptop for a co-worker. This laptop came with Windows 10 Home, which I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro using the "Buy upgrade from store" option. At some point the laptop was upgraded to Windows 11 Pro and for the past years this laptop has...
  5. Activation woes after updating to Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation woes after updating to Windows 11 22H2: In March 2018 I purchased a Dell XPS 13 laptop for a co-worker. This laptop came with Windows 10 Home, which I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro using the "Buy upgrade from store" option. At some point the laptop was upgraded to Windows 11 Pro and for the past years this laptop has...
  6. Windows 10 Activation Woes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Activation Woes: I think I might be going crazy Back in January I purchased a Windows 10 Home License from Microsoft (the full $139 version.) I installed Windows 10 in a virtual machine activated it without issues and went about my business. The VM is used for development and testing, and...
  7. Activation woes, I'm not sure what to do next.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activation woes, I'm not sure what to do next.: I have been using Windows 10 without a key for a year or so, and decided to purchase a copy so I can get rid of the watermark. I bought a brand new hard copy that includes a bootable USB stick. I tried simply entering the key into my already installed free version, which I...
  8. Windows 10 Activation woes

Windows 10 Activation woes: Short story: replaced motherboard, can no longer activate. Long story: I originally had win7 and used the free upgrade to windows 10 back in the day. I signed in to windows with my MS account and i showed active with an online license (forget the exact verbiage; the one...
  9. Windows 10 activation woes. Can anybody help?

Windows 10 activation woes. Can anybody help?: Okay, this is somewhat convoluted but I'll try to explain it as clearly as I can... My old (self-built) PC was running Windows 8.1 Pro which was itself an upgrade from Windows 8 Pro and purchased direct from Microsoft when the OS was first released. A while back I upgraded...
  10. Dual Installation Activation Woes

Dual Installation Activation Woes: Did a dual installation of Windows 10 per the great instructions posted by member BRINK.(Thank You) I started with 32bit PC running Windows 8.1 Pro which was a paid for upgrade from Windows 7 Home. All went well till activation. The windows 10 installation says it has...