Windows 10: Windows 10 (re)boot.

Discus and support Windows 10 (re)boot. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, When I (re)boot Windows 10 Pro version 1804, first of all, a black screen appears asking which OS to start up and after choosing Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by loover1, May 21, 2018.

1. loover1 Win User

Windows 10 (re)boot.

Hello,

When I (re)boot Windows 10 Pro version 1804, first of all, a black screen appears asking which OS to start up and after choosing Windows 10 (the only one mentioned) a blue screen appears with startup settings and asking to choose a F-key. With F8, the boot process continues and W10 is starting.

What does this mean and how to solve this issue ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards.

:)

loover1, May 21, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 22, 2018
  3. Computer keeps re-booting

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then check.

Method 2

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 (re)boot.

1. Windows 10 (re)boot. - Similar Threads - boot

2. Boot Configuration Data file corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Configuration Data file corrupted: I was playing a game while watching youtube on another tab and my pc crashed so I rebooted but it didn’t take long to crash again. Now my pc can’t boot supposedly because the BCD was corrupted. I have the error code 0xc0000098. I have the original setup cd that came with my...
  3. Boot Configuration Data file corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Configuration Data file corrupted: I was playing a game while watching youtube on another tab and my pc crashed so I rebooted but it didn’t take long to crash again. Now my pc can’t boot supposedly because the BCD was corrupted. I have the error code 0xc0000098. I have the original setup cd that came with my...
  4. Boot Configuration Data file corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Secure Boot Enabled in BIOS, but not seen by Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot Enabled in BIOS, but not seen by Windows 11: i'm trying to install windows 11 on a new disk but i get two errors, that are a sort of paradox: 1 motherboard asus x570 hero VIII wi-fi. the secure boot issue: set on UEFI secure boot in bios, but no way, is seen as legacy with no secure boot activated. all other parameters...
  6. Secure Boot Enabled in BIOS, but not seen by Windows 11

Secure Boot Enabled in BIOS, but not seen by Windows 11: i'm trying to install windows 11 on a new disk but i get two errors, that are a sort of paradox: 1 motherboard asus x570 hero VIII wi-fi. the secure boot issue: set on UEFI secure boot in bios, but no way, is seen as legacy with no secure boot activated. all other parameters...
  7. I changed my system config boot settings and now my PIN won't load I the setup from work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my system config boot settings and now my PIN won't load I the setup from work.: I was having issues with a game and I wasnt sure how to boot my computer in safe mode first to check and ended up changing the setup from Normal to either diagnostic or selective startup I think selective but it mightve been both if thats possible.Ive tried holding shift on...
  8. I changed my system config boot settings and now my PIN won't load I the setup from work.

I changed my system config boot settings and now my PIN won't load I the setup from work.: I was having issues with a game and I wasnt sure how to boot my computer in safe mode first to check and ended up changing the setup from Normal to either diagnostic or selective startup I think selective but it mightve been both if thats possible.Ive tried holding shift on...
  9. Constant BSOD after about 3-5 minutes of booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD after about 3-5 minutes of booting: This problem has now been like this for months and I was trying to find a solution to this. The error codes are seemingly random; Namely, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR from what I remember. Here is...
  10. Constant BSOD after about 3-5 minutes of booting

Constant BSOD after about 3-5 minutes of booting: This problem has now been like this for months and I was trying to find a solution to this. The error codes are seemingly random; Namely, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR from what I remember. Here is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update 1804 black screen