Windows 10: Windows 10 re-install and license questions

Discus and support Windows 10 re-install and license questions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an Asus laptop I bought that came preinstalled with Windows 10 Pro. In the settings, for activation it says "Windows is activated with a digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jhiggins56, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 re-install and license questions

I have an Asus laptop I bought that came preinstalled with Windows 10 Pro. In the settings, for activation it says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". What I am looking to do is install Windows 10 on different hardware that has a blank hard drive. I had a few questions about that.

First, given the info I have provided, am I a candidate for being able to re-install without having to purchase a license? If so, how do I go about removing the license and installing it on the new build?

Second, what happens to my current laptop once the license is removed, I assume it still functions? I want to install the new version in parallel to give me time to move some files and stuff over to the new one.

Lastly, where do I get the correct Windows 10 pro to download?

thank you

:)

jhiggins56, Feb 2, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 2, 2020
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 re-install and license questions

Delta6326, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 re-install and license questions

1. Windows 10 re-install and license questions - Similar Threads - install license questions

2. Re-Install Windows 10 Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-Install Windows 10 Questions: Hello:I, like many others, got 'bricked' with the Windows update this week I manually installed on Friday 10/14. I have tried everything possible from the Win Recovery Options. Nothing works. I have no use of my peripherals except in BIOS. I have a few questions quite a few...
  3. Re-Install Windows 10 Questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-Install Windows 10 Questions: Hello:I, like many others, got 'bricked' with the Windows update this week I manually installed on Friday 10/14. I have tried everything possible from the Win Recovery Options. Nothing works. I have no use of my peripherals except in BIOS. I have a few questions quite a few...
  4. Re-Install Windows 10 Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Question about re-installing Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about re-installing Windows 10.: Hello. I recently got a Lenovo laptop that comes by default with Windows 10. I want to install Ubuntu, but I have no idea if I can install Windows 10 again after installing Ubuntu. Can anyone help? ps: I really don't want to dual boot. submitted by /u/salmaofinlandes...
  6. Windows License on re-installing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows License on re-installing: My PC is seriously messed up. Don't bother asking me the specifics-It's just too painful I can't even open my settings So I have decided to nuke the hard drive and do a clean install. My question is: What happens to my license key? Do I have to buy another one? I did not buy...
  7. Questions about Windows licensing re ESXi

Questions about Windows licensing re ESXi: I am a DP professional DBA looking to play with ESXi , also Apache, NIFI, Cold Fusion, etc. AT HOME for educating myself only. I intend to reuse an existing single socket PC, currently with a digital Windows 10 pro license. I assume that I can reuse my Windows license......
  8. Windows Re-install question

Windows Re-install question: OK, in the next couple of days. I'm going to upgrade my mom's pc to some newer hardware. When I first built her pc and installed windows 10, it was through the free windows 7 upgrade. Now i made her pc on a local account and not a microsoft one. Am I able to keep her account...
  9. Windows 10 re-installation question

Windows 10 re-installation question: Hi, Due to some horrible crash, I had to wipe out all my partitions and re-install Windows 10 in my laptop, which is a MSI GE64. Due to some other constraints I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my DISK 1, instead of disk 0. (UEFI, GPT, Fast Boot, Secure Boot). Afterwards...
  10. Windows 10 re-install questions

Windows 10 re-install questions: Downloaded the Media Creation Tool and created a bootable USB drive. Got installation to start, selected 'I don't have a product key', selected Windows 10 Home which is what was previously installed, accepted license terms, and then I have a window asking what kind of...