Windows 10: Windows 10 re-install

Discus and support Windows 10 re-install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We replaced the SSD in our computers with an M2 drive, and downloaded the recovery disk image on USB to install on our new drive. The PC now says the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonaldHill6, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 re-install

We replaced the SSD in our computers with an M2 drive, and downloaded the recovery disk image on USB to install on our new drive. The PC now says the product key is invalid. The original OS was Windows 7, we then paid for a Windows 10 upgrade. Gosh, I would love to not pay 3 times for an OS for this machine. How can I get this solved?

:)

DonaldHill6, Jul 3, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 3, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 re-install

Delta6326, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 re-install

1. Windows 10 re-install - Similar Threads - install

2. Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up: I am running out of capacity to upgrade things on my cpu so I go to the system storage to see where its all going. Seeing 332G in installed apps I think great lets click on that to remove some. My largest app is 2G.......... everything else is lower so I can barely free...
  3. Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up: I am running out of capacity to upgrade things on my cpu so I go to the system storage to see where its all going. Seeing 332G in installed apps I think great lets click on that to remove some. My largest app is 2G.......... everything else is lower so I can barely free...
  4. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  5. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  6. Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool: About two weeks ago I accidently erased MBR and BCD and other things. I now have Windows 10 up and running but it is not stable. The suggested cure is to download media creation tool MCT, run it, answer all the questions and problem is solved. I have a persistent error after...
  7. Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool

Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool: About two weeks ago I accidently erased MBR and BCD and other things. I now have Windows 10 up and running but it is not stable. The suggested cure is to download media creation tool MCT, run it, answer all the questions and problem is solved. I have a persistent error after...
  8. Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How do I install Windows 11 onto a non-supported windows 10 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Windows 11 onto a non-supported windows 10 laptop?: Please tell me how I can download and update to Windows 11 even though my laptop doesn't meet the requirements? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-windows-11-onto-a-non-supported/99916465-52dc-48c6-92bd-096fe3f1b7cc
  10. How do I install Windows 11 onto a non-supported windows 10 laptop?

How do I install Windows 11 onto a non-supported windows 10 laptop?: Please tell me how I can download and update to Windows 11 even though my laptop doesn't meet the requirements? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-windows-11-onto-a-non-supported/99916465-52dc-48c6-92bd-096fe3f1b7cc