Windows 10: Windows 10 re-installation from bootable USB drive

Discus and support Windows 10 re-installation from bootable USB drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I downloaded the Windows 10 installation media from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10%20 to my formatted USB drive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jor_El, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Jor_El Win User

Windows 10 re-installation from bootable USB drive

Hi,

I downloaded the Windows 10 installation media from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 to my formatted USB drive. I then followed the setup instructions to download Win 10 installation media on the USB drive. It took me~6 hrs for the whole process to complete. But, it turns out the used space on the USB drive after the above process is only ~500 MB whereas it initially demanded at least 4 GB space. Now, when I open the setup on the USB drive, it gives the following error - " Th file :''autorun.dll" could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot continue. Error code is [0x7E] ".

Please help.

Thank you.

:)

Jor_El, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

Use Option Two in Brinks tutorial and in step #6 choose DVD instead of USB.

Edwin, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 re-installation from bootable USB drive - Similar Threads - installation bootable USB

2. Installing Windows from Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows from Bootable USB: My laptop Razerblade base model late 2019 had an issues as everytime I tried to bootup it would result in CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and so I cleaned and formatted my SSD and HDD through CMD and tried to reinstall Windows 10 however it came up with the error 0x800701B1 during the...
  3. Installing Windows from Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows from Bootable USB: My laptop Razerblade base model late 2019 had an issues as everytime I tried to bootup it would result in CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and so I cleaned and formatted my SSD and HDD through CMD and tried to reinstall Windows 10 however it came up with the error 0x800701B1 during the...
  4. USB bootable drive not installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB bootable drive not installing windows 10: Trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 with USB bootable onto new SSD.When the PC starts it loads to black screen with blinking cursor to the windows logo and runs an infinite loop back to the beginning of bios.I have tried the USB bootable with my SSD on another PC and...
  5. USB bootable drive not installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB bootable drive not installing windows 10: Trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 with USB bootable onto new SSD.When the PC starts it loads to black screen with blinking cursor to the windows logo and runs an infinite loop back to the beginning of bios.I have tried the USB bootable with my SSD on another PC and...
  6. USB bootable drive not installing windows 10

7. Installing windows from a bootable USB

Installing windows from a bootable USB: I have just finished putting together my new PC and I am struggling to install windows. I am using a Macbook to make my bootable USB. I have tried using a bootable USB made with Bootcamp assistant - the USB came up in bios but it would not boot into the windows install...
  8. re: a problem making a bootable USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    re: a problem making a bootable USB drive: 1 I don't know if I should make a new thread or continue it on my old thread at I have 2 question's about win 10 home - Windows 10 Forums ? I am trying to make a self booting USB drive of the prog "PCUlocker" on my Dell Inspiron15-3541 laptop OS Win 7 home 32bit. The purpose...
  9. Installing Windows 10 from a bootable USB and formatting drives..

Installing Windows 10 from a bootable USB and formatting drives..: Hello there, Hope everyone's doing just fine. So I have this Windows 7 PC with two drives, drive 0: SSD has current windows and drive 1: 1TB HDD for storage. I'm planning to do a clean install of windows 10 by formatting the ssd drive and installing windows there. Now my...
  10. Re-Install From USB Drive Error

Re-Install From USB Drive Error: I am using the same bootable windows 10 installation thumb drive to do a clean install of windows 10. I've done it multiple times in recent days. However, suddenly when doing it again I get this error: "your pc/device needs to be repaired. the boot configuration data...