Windows 10: Windows 10 re installation

Discus and support Windows 10 re installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have upgraded my Sony Vaio laptop's Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period. Now I want to replace my laptop's HDD with an SSD,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by anandakundy, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 re installation

I have upgraded my Sony Vaio laptop's Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period. Now I want to replace my laptop's HDD with an SSD, which means I will take a backup of my Windows 10 onto a USB stick, replace my HDD with an SSD and re install Windows 10 on the SSD, will I be able to do this and still have the previous Windows 10

:)

anandakundy, Sep 23, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 23, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10 re installation

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 re installation

1. Windows 10 re installation - Similar Threads - installation

2. WindowsApp Folder on F drive can not be set a app installation location.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WindowsApp Folder on F drive can not be set a app installation location.: When I try to set my F drive as the default install location for apps, I get an error saying "This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Do you want to continue?" After clicking Yes I get a new error saying "The operation...
  3. Installed windows to USB device and new install doesn't have touchpad drivers (PS/2 mouse...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installed windows to USB device and new install doesn't have touchpad drivers (PS/2 mouse...: I got a new SSD, so I used the media creation tool to create a windows install from a USB. All went fine, windows went on the new SSD without any major issues, except now my touchpad is being confused for something called a PS/2 mouse. Apparently it's a known issue, with a...
  4. Microsoft Store App already installed but not showing as installed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store App already installed but not showing as installed: Since Forza Horizon 4 doesn't show up in my installed apps I tried to install it today. I click on Install, choose one of my drives and click Install again. Nothing happens. I try again a couple of times with the same result. I try it with two other drives of which one works...
  5. I tried dual booting Ubuntu 20.10 with existing Windows 10 install but Ubuntu's install...

I tried dual booting Ubuntu 20.10 with existing Windows 10 install but Ubuntu's install...: youtu.be/55NnSkuv3rM submitted by /u/InternationalFlow153 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgy6bi/i_tried_dual_booting_ubuntu_2010_with_existing/
  6. New Windows 10 install keeps crashing on start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Windows 10 install keeps crashing on start up: Hi all, I was gifted a 2015 built high end PC that only needed an SSD to run. I installed the SSD, installed Windows 10 via USB, downloaded chrome, Steam, Norton Security, and LoL. Starting playing games to see how it ran. After exiting any game, everything stops working,...
  7. Windows 10 permissions to install a program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 permissions to install a program: I just got a new windows 10 desktop. Installing software. So far so good. Then, trying to install another program, i get a notice that the administrator blocked me from installing the program. I am the only user of said computer. When i go into my user properties, under...
  8. Downloading the Windows Media Creation Tool for Offline Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading the Windows Media Creation Tool for Offline Installation: How do I download the Window Media Creation Tool in such a way that I can install the tool on an off-line computer? When I try downloading it from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and running MediaCreationTool20H2.exe on a computer not connected...
  9. Newly made Windows 10 install usb giving a blank screen if the drive is still plugged in.

Newly made Windows 10 install usb giving a blank screen if the drive is still plugged in.: Pretty much as the title says. Newly made Win10 install USB, new samsung SSD. If there if the ssd is not plugged in, the install USB works as normal, loading up and asking the usual steps. However, if I instead start the machine with the SSD plugged in, boot to the USB, I am...
  10. Prompted to install .NET framework v4.8 but it's already installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prompted to install .NET framework v4.8 but it's already installed: When I try to run a program dependent on .NET framework, I get prompted to download v4.8, then when I try to install it, I'm notified that it's already installed, which makes sense because it is. Why aren't programs recognizing that 4.8 is installed? I've deactivated and...