Windows 10: Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

Discus and support Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044I have become a fan of the Task View and currently have 11 named Tasks.Under each task, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David Knapp1, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044I have become a fan of the Task View and currently have 11 named Tasks.Under each task, I have specific files of Microsoft programs open such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Edge.In computer restart, I would love not to have to reopen all these files on each computer restart. I would want to go to one of the 11 Task Views and see the application open and where I left off. Is this possible?Sincerely,David Knapp

:)

David Knapp1, Sep 28, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 28, 2022
  3. little cat, Sep 28, 2022
  4. grandekid Win User

Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

I tried to shutdown and restart my pc but both times they STUCK! I left it for 15 minutes and still had to force shutdown

grandekid, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

1. Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart - Similar Threads - opens programs shutdown

2. Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart: I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044I have become a fan of the Task View and currently have 11 named Tasks.Under each task, I have specific files of Microsoft programs open such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Edge.In computer restart, I would love not to...
  3. Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart: I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044I have become a fan of the Task View and currently have 11 named Tasks.Under each task, I have specific files of Microsoft programs open such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Edge.In computer restart, I would love not to...
  4. Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown: Like many others for the last few months I have been suffering from the restart problem.I have tried all of the suggestions on here but none of them worked.The problem is intermittant, sometimes it will shutdown and stay off, then for no reason that I could find the restart...
  5. Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown: Like many others for the last few months I have been suffering from the restart problem.I have tried all of the suggestions on here but none of them worked.The problem is intermittant, sometimes it will shutdown and stay off, then for no reason that I could find the restart...
  6. Stop Windows from re-opening programs after restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Windows from re-opening programs after restart?: I don't want this feature. I've never wanted it. I don't kick my power button by mistake. I have a UPS. I'm responsible enough to save what I'm working on in frequent intervals. I do not experience data loss. I'm sick of Windows opening Excel, my email and browser back up....
  7. Windows 10 restart after shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 restart after shutdown: Hey guys. I have a problem with windows 10. My computer restarts after a few seconds of shutting down. I've been having this issue for months. I tried every fix such as turning of fast start up and running a virus scan. I am not sure if it's even a hardware or software...
  8. Windows Re-opening windows, even after a HARD shutdown.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Re-opening windows, even after a HARD shutdown.: I have NO idea why the thread on this subject was "locked", not allowing others to comment on it. You have an issue here that MUST be addressed, yet, unless I create my own question? I apparently am "not allowed", to comment. Brilliant. Now, my issue with this? Some...
  9. Re-open Programs After Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-open Programs After Restart: Example: I want this currently opened Notepad file, that I'm using right now, to re-open once I restart the computer. I'm aware of the option that you can select to re-open Windows Explorer windows, and I like that option. Yet I want another option to re-open everything else...
  10. Windows is caching all programs open on shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows is caching all programs open on shutdown/restart: Hi, I can't seem to find anything on the topic that I am having problems with so please bear with me. On my old machine during restarts my computer would close all apps and services that were not part of startup, an example is having chrome browser open at the time of...