Windows 10: Windows 10 re-sizing task bar and title bar

Discus and support Windows 10 re-sizing task bar and title bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I am new to this site. First question: Today for some unknown reason my display sizing went crazy. I managed to re-size the general font but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RRLO, Sep 15, 2019.

1. RRLO Win User

Windows 10 re-sizing task bar and title bar

Hi. I am new to this site. First question:
    Today for some unknown reason my display sizing went crazy. I managed to re-size the general font but the task bar and the title bar remain extremely small.
    How do I fix this?

:)

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Sep 15, 2019
  3. How to change window title bar size in Windows 10

For Windows 10 b1607 the height of a window title bar will be adjusted accordingly to the size of the title bar font. For a (dpi) display setting of 100% the following values are valid at the moment:

• title bar font size 9px (windows default setting): title bar height 30px
    • title bar font size 7px: title bar height 26px

It is not necessary to adjust the value "CaptionHeight" in the Windows registry anymore as proposed in several other answers because this value is adjusted by windows automatically now when the title bar font size is changed.

The title bar font can be changed here:

• control panel > display settings
    • or: Windows settings > system > advanced display settings > change the size of text and other elements

Thorsten Albrecht, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Anna Hahn Win User

Throttlestop obsidian not showing readouts in task bar

Hello

I had the previous version of throttlestop installed on a surface pro running windows 10 and it was working beautifully but now I am having trouble getting throttlestop to show temp/cpu reporting in the windows task bar. I have 'Task Bar' checked in the main window but still nothing appears. The check boxes within Options for Notification Area such as CPU Temp and CPU Mhz do not respond when clicked. Am i missing something/is there something else I need to do in order to get throttlestop obsidian to report to the task bar?

Thanks so much!

Anna Hahn, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 re-sizing task bar and title bar - Similar Threads - sizing task bar

2. Task Bar Sizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Sizing: Why did "2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913" take away the ability to change the task bar size via regedit? Now, I can't make my taskbar small. I'm using a 2560x1080 21:9 ultrawide monitor, so even the previous workaround...
  3. Task Bar Sizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar Sizing: Why did "2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913" take away the ability to change the task bar size via regedit? Now, I can't make my taskbar small. I'm using a 2560x1080 21:9 ultrawide monitor, so even the previous workaround...
  4. Task Bar Sizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Sizing: Why did "2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913" take away the ability to change the task bar size via regedit? Now, I can't make my taskbar small. I'm using a 2560x1080 21:9 ultrawide monitor. Even the previous workaround didn't...
  5. Task Bar Sizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar Sizing: Why did "2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913" take away the ability to change the task bar size via regedit? Now, I can't make my taskbar small. I'm using a 2560x1080 21:9 ultrawide monitor. Even the previous workaround didn't...
  6. Enlarged font size of title bars

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enlarged font size of title bars: Hello, how can I revert font sizes to their original size? I don't know what caused this but when I opened my laptop one day, font sizes have been enlarged. Below is a reference. [ATTACH]...
  7. Change title bar text size Windows 10

Change title bar text size Windows 10: how Change title bar text size Windows 10 it is so match small https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-title-bar-text-size-windows-10/331ebc7d-58ea-489b-9ee2-9d5cfc2de4e7
  8. Title bar and task bar color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar and task bar color: [ATTACH] why is the title bar and the task bar not the exactly same color when set? the top bar always appears a little brighter than the start and action center it's the same with transparency effect, the button is always a little darker is it supposed to be this way?...
  9. task bar size

task bar size: ok not Shure how it happened but where it says the date theres a extra line with the day and it has made the whole task bar bigger I looked though all the setting and couldn't find a way to change it [ATTACH]...
  10. Change Title Bar Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Title Bar Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Title Bar Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Title Bars in Windows 10 The title bar is a bar located at the top of a window, desktop app, or dialog box that displays it's name. You can make the text of title bars on your screen easier...