Windows 10: Windows 10 reaching end of service, but no newer version available through Windows Update

Discus and support Windows 10 reaching end of service, but no newer version available through Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The following notification appeared in the taskbar: 'Your version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fgmafun, Mar 16, 2021.

1. fgmafun Win User

Windows 10 reaching end of service, but no newer version available through Windows Update

The following notification appeared in the taskbar:

'Your version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to stay supported.'

However, clicking the notification leads me to Windows Update which tells me that I'm up to date.

Moreover, Windows Update seems to suggest that the Windows 10 May 2020 Update is not ready for my device yet.

The update assistant https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10 seems to suggest that I can update from 1909 to 20H2.

However, I was told that I should wait for windows to offer the update by itself.

As such, I am tempted to just wait for Windows Update to offer the update.

Is waiting the best way to move forward, or can I better update using the update assistant?

As my system currently isn't broken, I'm hesitant to 'fix it'.

Windows 10 reaching end of service, but no newer version available through Windows Update 665f32e0-5b9d-432d-87c7-ba5237c0fb62?upload=true.png

:)

fgmafun, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Shanester Win User

"Windows 10 will reach end of service soon". When is this?

Greetings,

Microsoft Answers is down right now.

There is a new Windows Update Status icon on the Taskbar. When I hover the mouse over the icon, the yellow tip says "Your version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to stay supported." When I click the icon, Windows Update opens and says "You're up to date".

How do I update? When exactly is Windows 10 end of service?

I see someone else has this problem.

Thanks,
    Shane.

Shanester, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows 10 version 1809 will reach end of servicing on Nov. 10, 2020

Source:

Brink, Mar 16, 2021
  4. malware Win User

Windows 10 reaching end of service, but no newer version available through Windows Update

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) Release Dates

The guys over at Neowin.net have managed to get their hands on the internal schedule for the release of Windows XP Service Pack 3.

• April 14, 2008: Support is available for the release version of Service Pack 3 for Windows XP
    • April 21, 2008: Original Equipment Manufacturers, Volume License, Connect, and MSDN and TechNet subscribers
    • April 29, 2008: Microsoft Update, Windows Update, Download Center
    • June 10, 2008: Automatic Updates
    Source: Neowin.net

malware, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 reaching end of service, but no newer version available through Windows Update - Similar Threads - reaching end service

2. Version of Windows 10 reaching end of service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Version of Windows 10 reaching end of service?: Hello all Window users and/or Employees...I've been receiving notices for quite some time regarding certain security updates that fail to take place on my PC, or version of windows, aka reaching end of service??? My version is only 2 years old.Please see notice...
  3. Version of Windows 10 reaching end of service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Version of Windows 10 reaching end of service?: Hello all Window users and/or Employees...I've been receiving notices for quite some time regarding certain security updates that fail to take place on my PC, or version of windows, aka reaching end of service??? My version is only 2 years old.Please see notice...
  4. Version of Windows 10 reaching end of service?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My Windows 10 won't update, version has reached end of service

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows 10 won't update, version has reached end of service: Hello,My Windows 10 won't update because I get a message saying it has reached end of service and I need a newer version of Windows 10. How do I resolve this? Thank you,Win 10 Home, OS Build: 10.0.17134.1345...
  6. windows 10 "your version of windows has reached the end of service"

windows 10 "your version of windows has reached the end of service": why does the update for windows 10, version 20H2 get stuck at 61% every time i try to install it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-your-version-of-windows-has-reached-the/1ae027b0-c648-4bc3-bd2e-1059c3b7a81e
  7. Your version of Windows has reached the end of service

Your version of Windows has reached the end of service: I have got the above message in System/Updates. It also states that "Feature update to Windows 10 Version 20H2 is ready to download. I have clicked "download" and it goes through all the usual checks but at the very end it states that "Something went wrong - Please turn off...
  8. Your version of windows 10 has reached end of service.

Your version of windows 10 has reached end of service.: I have windows 10 pro dev build: 21376.1,In my taskbar there is a red loading icon like this...Please help me to fix this.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-version-of-windows-10-has-reached-end-of/bf13167b-c1c7-4db6-b436-78fd1c703506
  9. Your version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon.

Your version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon.: Hello there, I received this notification from Windows Update today : "Your version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to stay supported". The problem is that Windows 10 v2004 isn't available to me for reasons...
  10. "Windows 10 reached end of service..." but no update available

"Windows 10 reached end of service..." but no update available: Hello, For a couple of days now my taskbar shows a yellow dot and the message that "Windows 10 has reached end of service..." and that I should update to a newer build. In the update settings there is however no update available. My current version: Win 10 Pro, 1909 OS...