Windows 10: Windows 10 reactivation after hardware upgrade / servers not available

Discus and support Windows 10 reactivation after hardware upgrade / servers not available in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently did an overhaul on my PC, upgrading the RAM, CPU, and MOBO. I have seen the multitude of recommendations regarding how to reactivate, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rocketjac, Dec 29, 2019.

1. rocketjac Win User

Windows 10 reactivation after hardware upgrade / servers not available

I recently did an overhaul on my PC, upgrading the RAM, CPU, and MOBO. I have seen the multitude of recommendations regarding how to reactivate, but I am continuously getting an error "We can't reactivate as our servers aren't available right now." This has been happening for a little over 24 hours. Is this something that I just have to wait?

:)

rocketjac, Dec 29, 2019
  2. timo0n Win User

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

Before changing my MB and CPU I thoroughly read an article on how to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change. I connected my activated Windows 10 that I bought from a retailer (so it's not a free upgrade) to a Microsoft account, changed hardware, went
    to settings-account-troubleshooting and was surprised buy it saying "We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes or try adding your Microsoft account again.". It's been more than couple of hours
    since I tried it for the first time and I don't really believe that Microsoft servers can have that much downtime. So what is my next step now?

timo0n, Dec 29, 2019
  3. HappyWone Win User
    Unable to activate Windows We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now.

When using the Activation Troubleshooter for reactivating windows 10 after a hardware change (motherboad), and following the steps found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

and after clicking on "I changed my hardware on this device" I get this error:

Unable to activate Windows
    We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes or try adding your Microsoft account again.

I did link my free win10 upgrade to my microsoft account, and I'm logged in as Administrator.

Your helps is greatly appreciated.

HappyWone, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 reactivation after hardware upgrade / servers not available

Windows 10 Reactivation After Major Hardware Upgrades

Hi,

When you upgraded your first device from Windows 8 to Windows 10, the hardware will get a digital entitlement where the signature of the device will be stored on our Microsoft Activation Servers. If you're having activation errors upon transferring your
    drive, you can follow the steps provided on this
    support article
    on how to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change. If the issue persists, the article contains a link if you need to contact our customer support for further assistance.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 reactivation after hardware upgrade / servers not available

1. Windows 10 reactivation after hardware upgrade / servers not available - Similar Threads - reactivation hardware upgrade

2. Windows needing reactivation after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows needing reactivation after hardware upgrade: I recently upgraded my computer to an SSD, and a newer Motherboard and Processor. When I got booted into Windows, the "Activate Windows" watermark came up in the bottom right-hand corner. I tried to follow the directions in the Windows Update menu, but it doesn't work. I...
  3. Windows needing reactivation after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows needing reactivation after hardware upgrade: I recently upgraded my computer to an SSD, and a newer Motherboard and Processor. When I got booted into Windows, the "Activate Windows" watermark came up in the bottom right-hand corner. I tried to follow the directions in the Windows Update menu, but it doesn't work. I...
  4. Reactivate Windows 10 after PC Hardware Upgrade

Reactivate Windows 10 after PC Hardware Upgrade: Hi I just upgraded my PC Motherboard, CPU, RAM, GPU, Etc and kept my old SSD and HDD drives with windows installed which was activated with a Windows 10 Pro license. However now Windows 10 says it's unactivated, and that I need to buy it. I have tried troubleshooting and it...
  5. Reactivation after hardware upgrade

Reactivation after hardware upgrade: Hi guys, I just upgraded my PC CPU, motherboard, RAM, and SSD to be specific and having problems reactivating my Windows 10. I was using a Windows 10 home retail key brought on Amazon upgraded to pro and linked to my Microsoft account. Tried the troubleshooting and change...
  6. After Hardware upgrade, cannot reactivate windows.

After Hardware upgrade, cannot reactivate windows.: My issue is multi faceted. Firstly, Windows did not activate after upgrading my Motherboard CPU and RAM. Hard drive with windows installed was kept. This version of Windows was originally Windows 7 that came preinstalled on the computer when I bought it. [ATTACH] When I...
  7. Windows reactivation after hardware upgrade

Windows reactivation after hardware upgrade: I've recently upgraded my home desktop replacing everything but my harddrive, gpu, and power supply. Before doing so I attempted to get my windows 10 pro key for reactivation but was told that it would saved to my windows account since I'm keeping the hardrives the same...
  8. Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade: I recently upgraded both my CPU and motherboard, and 'Activate Windows' watermark showed up I tried the troubleshooter but it doesnt seem to work I also tried reenter the product key again and that also doesnt work. The troubleshooter doesnt show any error codes it just...
  9. Unable to reactivate windows after hardware upgrade

Unable to reactivate windows after hardware upgrade: Hey guys, so i have this really annoying issue My motherboard and CPU were really due for an upgrade, so i replaced them and that's that. But now i have this watermark stuck on my screen telling me to activate windows. When i go into settings to activate it says "windows...
  10. Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware upgrade

Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware upgrade: I upgraded my mobo and CPU, but after moving my SSD to the new PC it won't reactivate Windows 10. I keep going to Settings to reactivate but it keeps saying "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. " It's said that for 4 days so I don't think trying...