Windows 10: windows 10 reactivation after SSD installation

Discus and support windows 10 reactivation after SSD installation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I have installed an SSD to replace my HDD. I have re installed but when I try to activate I get the message "We cant reactivate windows on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by geepeetee, Aug 17, 2019.

1. geepeetee Win User

windows 10 reactivation after SSD installation

Hi

I have installed an SSD to replace my HDD. I have re installed but when I try to activate I get the message "We cant reactivate windows on this device try again later" Windows 10 was a free upgrade from 7.

I spoke with support on the phone and they say I need my proof of purchase or product key to activate (I don't have either). Is this correct or will it activate if I try later as the message says (and if so, how long?). I have only linked the windows registration to my Microsfoft account today.

Thanks

Gary

:)

geepeetee, Aug 17, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 17, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 reactivation after SSD installation - Similar Threads - reactivation SSD installation

2. Can't reactivate Windows 11 after changing SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reactivate Windows 11 after changing SSD: I recently bought a new SSD to put my system on, so I installed Windows 11 using installation media, and now it says I need to activate Windows, but I have tried everything and nothing works.I have gone under Settings -> System -> Activation -> Troubleshoot -> I recently...
  3. Can't reactivate Windows 11 after changing SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reactivate Windows 11 after changing SSD: I recently bought a new SSD to put my system on, so I installed Windows 11 using installation media, and now it says I need to activate Windows, but I have tried everything and nothing works.I have gone under Settings -> System -> Activation -> Troubleshoot -> I recently...
  4. Reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard and SSD change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard and SSD change: Hello,I just bought and installed a new motherboard and SSD in my PC. I installed Windows 10 on the new SSD and cannot get the activation done.I changed motherboards at least twice before without any issue. This time I'm having a lot of trouble. The "hardware change...
  5. Reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard and SSD change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard and SSD change: Hello,I just bought and installed a new motherboard and SSD in my PC. I installed Windows 10 on the new SSD and cannot get the activation done.I changed motherboards at least twice before without any issue. This time I'm having a lot of trouble. The "hardware change...
  6. Reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard and SSD change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Reactivation after a clean install of Windows 10

Reactivation after a clean install of Windows 10: I have plans of a fresh install of Windows 10 on my PC as it has slowed down over time. My laptop had come with Windows 10 installed and activated out of the box. Should I buy another key to activate Windows 10? I read some articles on the internet and learnt that the...
  8. Reactivation of Windows 10 After Hardware Install

Reactivation of Windows 10 After Hardware Install: Hello, I recently upgraded just about everything in my pc aside from the case and psu, and Windows is asking me to activate Windows, and I never purchased a copy of Windows 10, much like many Windows 7 users the upgrade was offered for free for a limited time, so I do not...
  9. Unable to reactivate Windows after installing SSD

Unable to reactivate Windows after installing SSD: I recently changed out my old HDD to a newer SSD and wanted to move over my Window 10 to that. I created a USB boot drive and successfully moved it over, but now through the troubleshooter it simply states that there was an error activating the license and to try again later....
  10. Installing/reactivating Windows 10 after installing new motherboard

Installing/reactivating Windows 10 after installing new motherboard: After a BIOS update, our computer is no longer usable. It turns on to a black screen and stays that way. We've been in touch with the manufacturer who sent out the update, but not having any success fixing it. A "Geek Squad" person, told us we would most likely need to...