Windows 10: Windows 10 reactivation changed HDD to SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 reactivation changed HDD to SSD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I just changed my storage from HDD to SDD and I used my old ISO copy of Windows 10 which I got from registering a reserved copy from an email I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dieffer, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Dieffer Win User

Windows 10 reactivation changed HDD to SSD

Hello, I just changed my storage from HDD to SDD and I used my old ISO copy of Windows 10 which I got from registering a reserved copy from an email I received from Microsoft a few years ago. I noticed Windows didn't automatically activate on my PC which is quite unusual. I only installed my copy on my laptop and to my desktop. What should I do to activate it? I can't customize my OS because it say not activated. Please help. Big big thanks to all.

:)

Dieffer, Feb 6, 2020
  2. nickf8 Win User

changed motherboard and hdd to ssd and have my product key but cant reactivate windows 10

changed motherboard and hdd to ssd and have my product key but cant reactivate windows 10.

I own a retail version but it still isnt working.

nickf8, Feb 6, 2020
  3. How to change a HDD being listed as SSD

Hi Peter,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you, as per your query.

Based on the description, please be informed that manually we cannot change the SSD to HDD. However, let’s try running hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue remain the same after hardware troubleshooting, I suggest you to go to BIOS and check what is HDD is listed on BIOS and let us know.

Hope the above information helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 6, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

windows 10 licencing and image backup??

Yes, it will remain activated. Things that seem to trigger a reactivation are changing the mobo, network card and maybe the CPU.

qubit, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 reactivation changed HDD to SSD - Similar Threads - reactivation changed HDD

2. Reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard and SSD change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard and SSD change: Hello,I just bought and installed a new motherboard and SSD in my PC. I installed Windows 10 on the new SSD and cannot get the activation done.I changed motherboards at least twice before without any issue. This time I'm having a lot of trouble. The "hardware change...
  3. Reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard and SSD change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard and SSD change: Hello,I just bought and installed a new motherboard and SSD in my PC. I installed Windows 10 on the new SSD and cannot get the activation done.I changed motherboards at least twice before without any issue. This time I'm having a lot of trouble. The "hardware change...
  4. Reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard and SSD change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Changing windows from hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing windows from hdd to ssd: So my computer is old and I have been upgrading it. Windows is on the first memory driver which is HDD but I have an SSD installed. I Want to change windows to the SSD. There are many different ways on the internet, but all of them use programs which I prefer not to. Can't I...
  6. changed motherboard and hdd to ssd and have my product key but cant reactivate windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    changed motherboard and hdd to ssd and have my product key but cant reactivate windows 10: changed motherboard and hdd to ssd and have my product key but cant reactivate windows 10. I own a retail version but it still isnt working....
  7. Reactiving Windows on SSD instead of HDD

Reactiving Windows on SSD instead of HDD: Hi everyone, I migrated to Windows 10 from 8.1 during Windows Insider Program's first days and kept getting updates from Update section till now. Recently I found my PC not working fast enough and I decided to buy a new SSD hard drive and reinstall my Windows on it. In the...
  8. HDD to SSD change, Want to install Windows 10 in SSD

HDD to SSD change, Want to install Windows 10 in SSD: Hello There, I have purchased a laptop Model: 81DE(Lenovo Ideapad330-15IKB U) with preinstalled genuine windows in it activated by digital lisense. Now I have installed SSD drive and want to install Windows 10 into the SSD drive, How to install windows 10 into that drive??...
  9. Changing from HDD to SSD

Changing from HDD to SSD: I have installed an SSD drive to my desktop PC. I want this drive to be the boot up drive and have a clean copy of windows 10. What is the best way to go about this?...
  10. Changing a HDD To a SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing a HDD To a SSD: Good day to all. I have a windows 10 desktop with two drives installed the main C drive is a SSD which holds all my programs and of course the operating system. Second drive is a HDD which is F drive has all my documents pictures music and so on. Now I have a spare SSD that...