Windows 10: Windows 10 reactivation on new hard drive (Nothing else has changed)

Discus and support Windows 10 reactivation on new hard drive (Nothing else has changed) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have linked my PC with my Microsoft account (Idk if I had linked the activation code to the account), but it shows my PC in the Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VignashNalli, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Windows 10 reactivation on new hard drive (Nothing else has changed)

I have linked my PC with my Microsoft account (Idk if I had linked the activation code to the account), but it shows my PC in the Microsoft account devices area. So my question is, if I reinstall Windows 10 on a new hard drive, can I use the same license and will it cause any trouble. Thank you in advance.

:)

VignashNalli, Sep 26, 2019

2. Cannot Reactivate windows 10 after changing the hard drive

I changed my hard drive because of the bad sectors and keeps me on the loading screen. So I changed my hard drive by using my external hard drive and installed windows 10 home to it. Now I cant reactivate windows 10 .

john d3c4ls, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Windows 10 reactivation on new hard drive (Nothing else has changed)

Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 reactivation on new hard drive (Nothing else has changed)

1. Windows 10 reactivation on new hard drive (Nothing else has changed) - Similar Threads - reactivation hard drive

2. My laptop only recognizes hard drives and nothing else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop only recognizes hard drives and nothing else: my laptop is the ideapad Gaming 3-15ACH6 Laptop - Type 82K2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-only-recognizes-hard-drives-and-nothing/50fbf2ba-f017-401c-aee0-18128b7e6ba7
  3. My laptop only recognizes hard drives and nothing else

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop only recognizes hard drives and nothing else: my laptop is the ideapad Gaming 3-15ACH6 Laptop - Type 82K2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-only-recognizes-hard-drives-and-nothing/50fbf2ba-f017-401c-aee0-18128b7e6ba7
  4. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  5. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  6. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Hardware change new hard drive

Hardware change new hard drive: The laptop HP pavilion bought in 2017 I have as my device had a complete hard drive failure last night - the BIOS can't find any drive. I plan on replacing the drive, but will my Windows 10 need to be purchased again? Will I need a copy on a disc since I won't be able to...
  8. new hard drive has win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new hard drive has win7: My old laptop has a new hard drive in which I had installed win7. This was a few months before getting notified about the termination of updates to win7. laptops. Anyways what I want to know is if installing win10 software on my laptop would be better than buying a laptop...
  9. Reactivating Windows 10 on a new drive

Reactivating Windows 10 on a new drive: I'm planning on removing my current HDD and replacing it with a SSD. I know how to install Windows 10 on the new drive, but I assume Windows won't be activated on it. The issue is that my laptop originally came with Windows 7 and I upgraded to Windows 10 for free, so would I...
  10. new hard drive has windows installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    new hard drive has windows installed: I have factory installed widows10, on brand new hard drive. nothing else on disk. what is next step? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-hard-drive-has-windows-installed/fed6ecb6-7451-4a47-9fb8-85ad4e34bb6a