Windows 10: Windows 10 reactivation on new hard drive (Nothing else has changed)

Discus and support Windows 10 reactivation on new hard drive (Nothing else has changed) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have linked my PC with my Microsoft account (Idk if I had linked the activation code to the account), but it shows my PC in the Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VignashNalli, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Windows 10 reactivation on new hard drive (Nothing else has changed)

I have linked my PC with my Microsoft account (Idk if I had linked the activation code to the account), but it shows my PC in the Microsoft account devices area. So my question is, if I reinstall Windows 10 on a new hard drive, can I use the same license and will it cause any trouble. Thank you in advance.

:)

VignashNalli, Sep 26, 2019

2. Cannot Reactivate windows 10 after changing the hard drive

I changed my hard drive because of the bad sectors and keeps me on the loading screen. So I changed my hard drive by using my external hard drive and installed windows 10 home to it. Now I cant reactivate windows 10 .

john d3c4ls, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Windows 10 reactivation on new hard drive (Nothing else has changed)

Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 reactivation on new hard drive (Nothing else has changed)

1. Windows 10 reactivation on new hard drive (Nothing else has changed) - Similar Threads - reactivation hard drive

2. new hard drive has win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new hard drive has win7: My old laptop has a new hard drive in which I had installed win7. This was a few months before getting notified about the termination of updates to win7. laptops. Anyways what I want to know is if installing win10 software on my laptop would be better than buying a laptop...
  3. Reactivating Windows 10 on a new drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating Windows 10 on a new drive: I'm planning on removing my current HDD and replacing it with a SSD. I know how to install Windows 10 on the new drive, but I assume Windows won't be activated on it. The issue is that my laptop originally came with Windows 7 and I upgraded to Windows 10 for free, so would I...
  4. Windows (C:) drive has OS but (D:) drive has nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows (C:) drive has OS but (D:) drive has nothing: I just reset my PC because it was getting sluggish and once it was all reset i noticed that the C drive has all of the files like 'Program files (x86)' and 'Users' and my D drive has nothing at all. My main problem is that i cant easily just download and install programs onto...
  5. New Hard Drive

New Hard Drive: I am looking to replace my current hard drive with a better one, and I am unsure on where to go/what to do on going about to install Windows 10 (Pro, to be exact.) back onto my PC with the new hard drive. Where would I go to download an installer and what would I do? I have a...
  6. new hard drive has windows installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    new hard drive has windows installed: I have factory installed widows10, on brand new hard drive. nothing else on disk. what is next step? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-hard-drive-has-windows-installed/fed6ecb6-7451-4a47-9fb8-85ad4e34bb6a
  7. Window's couldn't reset, nothing has been changed

Window's couldn't reset, nothing has been changed: Hello, I've been trying to reset my laptop for a few weeks now. I just want to start from scratch, like I just downloaded windows 10 for the first time with nothing on it. However every time I try I get the same error message every time. "There was a problem while resetting...
  8. hard drive change

hard drive change: im about to upgrade my hard drive in win 10 to a larger one what do i need to do if the change knocks my product key out assuming a hard drive is a major change like a motherboard...
  9. New Hard Drive

New Hard Drive: I ha a new hard drive installed be cause Windows 10 got bigger than the hard drive that was in the computer. When the drive was installed the old settings were not transferred. How do I move the old C: drive to the New C: without messing up the operating system....
  10. Take backup on Windows 10, and nothing else?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Take backup on Windows 10, and nothing else?: Hello World I want to make a backup of Windows 10 Home (and nothing else, just the operating system) to an external device of any kind. The idea is that I want to try installing Ubuntu (Linux) on my computer. Dual Boot is no solution. As I want, I want to have full power...