Windows 10: Windows 10 reactivation through digital license after motherboard upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 reactivation through digital license after motherboard upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently installed a new motherboard for my computer as I needed to upgrade my CPU. I heard that if I linked my windows 10 license to my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Alex40440, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Alex40440 Win User

Windows 10 reactivation through digital license after motherboard upgrade

I recently installed a new motherboard for my computer as I needed to upgrade my CPU. I heard that if I linked my windows 10 license to my Microsoft account I would be able to reactivate after a hardware change. I tried to reactivate but the troubleshooter kept giving me errors. Do I need to buy a new license or is there a way to fix the errors?

:)

Alex40440, Jan 18, 2020

2. Reactivating retail Windows 10 pro after upgrading motherboard

I'm about to upgrade my motherboard and I already have my Windows 10 license linked to my Microsoft Account. Can I erase the hard drive, upgrade the motherboard, clean install Windows 10 and then run troubleshooter to reactivate with the same Microsoft account? What would happen if I use the Remove PC option in the list of devices in my Microsoft Account? Is there a way to do a remote wipe from the Microsoft account with Find My Device?

Keith Weisshar, Jan 18, 2020
  3. win 10 motherboard change, reactivating windows

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 reactivation through digital license after motherboard upgrade

Andre Da Costa, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 reactivation through digital license after motherboard upgrade

1. Windows 10 reactivation through digital license after motherboard upgrade - Similar Threads - reactivation through digital

2. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license: Here is the detailed description of the problem:PC was built by me in 2011. Windows 7 Pro purchased retail version was installedproduct key was used and Windows activatedMachine was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via the 2015 free upgrade offer.Digital license was created by...
  3. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license: Here is the detailed description of the problem:PC was built by me in 2011. Windows 7 Pro purchased retail version was installedproduct key was used and Windows activatedMachine was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via the 2015 free upgrade offer.Digital license was created by...
  4. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reactivating windows with a digital license

Reactivating windows with a digital license: Hello, some time ago I created a Microsoft account and attached it to my laptop. Fortunately, I noticed that my windows was automatically activated. I recently bought a new computer, I installed windows on it, I connected to the same microsoft account as the one on the...
  6. Digital Windows 10 license? "Reactivate"?

Digital Windows 10 license? "Reactivate"?: Hey, I wanted to ask how it is with digital licenses of Windows 10. On my account I have an active license. Now I want to use a new system. Do I have to "deactivate" Windows 10 on my old computer to make it run on the new one? Digitale Windows 10 Lizenz? "Reaktivieren"?
  7. I can't reactivate Windows 10 through digital license after a motherboard change due to me...

I can't reactivate Windows 10 through digital license after a motherboard change due to me...: Alright so, basically what happened was that my Windows 10 Pro was originally a free upgrade from Windows 7 I no longer have the Win 7 key which turned it into a Windows 10 Pro digital license attached to that device. What happened was that I got a new motherboard let's call...
  8. CPU + Motherboard Change, can't reactivate digital license

CPU + Motherboard Change, can't reactivate digital license: I changed my motherboard and CPU, and now Windows needs to be activated. My Activation tab in the system settings looks like this: [ATTACH] I am signed in with my Microsoft account. I click on troubleshoot and it shows the devices attached to my account. I select the device...
  9. reactivating windows 10 after motherboard upgrade

reactivating windows 10 after motherboard upgrade: My motherboard failed and I replaced it with a new board. Now windows 10 is prompting me to activate again. The activation code was embedded in the old motherboard and I don't have the code number. Activation says the code shown under system settings is not valid. Can I...
  10. Reactivation of WIndows 10 digital license

Reactivation of WIndows 10 digital license: Hi, I have received a digital upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 Home and have the copy on my VM. Now I want to transfer it to my physical machine, but am not able to activate the license. I get error code 0x803FA067. How can I successfully activate my windows? Thanks!...