Windows 10: Windows 10 Reactivation Tip

Discus and support Windows 10 Reactivation Tip in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi - I recently experienced a hardware failure on my machine and needed to replace the motherboard. Windows 10 coped with having its existential basis... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ViralStaircase, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Reactivation Tip

Hi - I recently experienced a hardware failure on my machine and needed to replace the motherboard. Windows 10 coped with having its existential basis undermined very smoothly I must say, and all was well. However, when I turned the machine on later, there was a message onscreen telling me that Windows was not activated. I went through the various troubleshooters but no joy. Finally I phoned Microsoft Customer Support and they walked me through the process using a command which I hope at least some of you might find handy. This tip only works if you upgraded from Windows 7 (or 8 I guess) AND still have the product key for that version to hand. Bring up the Run box (Winkey + R) and enter
    slui 3
    You must then enter the key for the version of Windows from which you upgraded to 10.
    Not exactly an epiphany but hopefully a useful tip *Smile

:)

ViralStaircase, Jan 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 19, 2019
  3. lorraine walsh, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Reactivation Tip

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Reactivation Tip

1. Windows 10 Reactivation Tip - Similar Threads - Reactivation Tip

2. Windows 10 reactivation issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 reactivation issue: Hello, like many people before, I'm having issues with my Windows 10 Pro key that was supposedly associated with this account and now I can't activate my Windows after changing my motherboard and CPU. I've tried the solutions presented by the virtual agent and nothing works....
  3. Change of hardware reactivation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change of hardware reactivation: Here is my situation -Many moons ago I built my own computer -I installed Windows 8/8.1 on it and activated it with a legitimately purchased retail product key. I no longer have access to this product key. -In the free upgrade period I updated to windows 10 -I have a...
  4. Driver reactivate.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver reactivate.: Hii… I Turned off my display driver for my motherboard, because the device manager isn't picking up my graphics card and I hoped that that would help. It didn't, now I have no display outputs working. Is there any way that I could re-enable my mobo output, without seeing the...
  5. Reactivate Windows 10 fails after a fresh install

Reactivate Windows 10 fails after a fresh install: I am trying to reactivate Windows 10 on this machine after a fresh install from a downloaded file. I do not have the original media. I am told “We can’t activate Windows on this device because you don’t have a valid digital license…”. Not true. This machine had/has a digital...
  6. Cant reactivate windows after motherboard change

Cant reactivate windows after motherboard change: I just got a motherboard upgrade and now I need to reactivate windows 10 Pro. I currently dont have the product key with me any more. Is there a way to reactivate my windows without my product key....
  7. how to reactivate windows 10 after reinstall

how to reactivate windows 10 after reinstall: Hello, I recently ran into a problem with my PC, which made me unable to access it entirely. It forced my to have to Factory Reset my PC. After the reset, I had to reinstall windows using a USB I had laying around. I downloaded Windows 10 Pro as I was pretty sure this is what...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't reactivate with digital license

Windows 10 doesn't reactivate with digital license: So I got a new computer with motherboard, cpu and gpu but I tried logging in with my microsoft account but it doesn't reactivate with a digital license. I removed the license from the old computer with the CMD commands. I also tried troubleshooting but it could not find any...
  9. Windows 10 Home Reactivation

Windows 10 Home Reactivation: Hey there! I just upgraded my sons PC, I was initially able to reactivate Windows, but when the PC restarted, it told me it was no longer activated and I have been unable to reactivate it since. Does anyone know of a fix? Thanks for your time...
  10. Windows 10 Reactivation Tip

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reactivation Tip: Hi - I recently experienced a hardware failure on my machine and needed to replace the motherboard. Windows 10 coped with having its existential basis undermined very smoothly I must say, and all was well. However, when I turned the machine on later, there was a message...