Windows 10: Windows 10 Reactivation with a Microsoft Account

Discus and support Windows 10 Reactivation with a Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, After updating my Windows 10 Pro today, "Your license will expire soon" warning popped. For some reason I've had volume licensing apparently.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Berk Ö., Apr 4, 2019.

1. Berk Ö. Win User

Windows 10 Reactivation with a Microsoft Account

Hi,

After updating my Windows 10 Pro today, "Your license will expire soon" warning popped. For some reason I've had volume licensing apparently. Anyway, I replaced that key with a generic Windows 10 Pro key to activate Windows through my Microsoft account again but every time I try activating via "I changed my hardware" option, I can't find my current PC listed there. I checked my account and this specific PC is registered to my account and my admin account on Win 10 is this Microsoft account which has the digital license.

Weird thing is my previously activated desktop shows up among the options to activate. I tried removing it from my Microsoft account but it didn't help unfortunately. I got my Win 10 Pro digital license via upgrading my Win 7 Pro retail through the upgrade program few years back.

:)

Berk Ö., Apr 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Reactivation with a Microsoft Account :(

Zakin, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Reactivation with a Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Reactivation Microsoft Account

2. Unable reactivate my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable reactivate my Microsoft Account: I am unable reactivate my Microsoft Account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-reactivate-my-microsoft-account/f1f826da-b50f-4ce2-a2f1-c9cbd76921f0
  3. Unable reactivate my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable reactivate my Microsoft Account: I am unable reactivate my Microsoft Account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-reactivate-my-microsoft-account/f1f826da-b50f-4ce2-a2f1-c9cbd76921f0
  4. Windows isn't reactivating after logging Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows isn't reactivating after logging Microsoft account: I had activated my windows a long ago in my old pc. Now I have upgraded my pc and when I am logging my Microsoft account to it then it isn't activating. it was a retail key and unfortunately I don't have access to the key right now. Thank you for your answers in advance....
  5. Reactivation of Minecraft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivation of Minecraft Account: I deactivated my Minecraft account due to security reasons and once I got it fixed, I tried to reactivate it the same day. However, I didn't get an e-mail and it's been around 2 weeks since then. Is my account gone forever?...
  6. Reactivate Account

Reactivate Account: The system will deactivate my account on May 13, 2020, most features of Word will be disabled. I need to Reactivate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivate-account/7cd9d974-9e0b-4690-97f7-de726467609d
  7. Windows 10 reactivation on 'removed' account

Windows 10 reactivation on 'removed' account: So I have been using this account when my stepfather gave me the PC. However, i have realised that this account is no longer on the servers. I had a complete PC change (except HDD) and now I can't reactivate windows because the password wont work for the account. I need more...
  8. Reactivation of a digital license not linked to a Microsoft account

Reactivation of a digital license not linked to a Microsoft account: I've read conflicting information regarding this matter. Basically I'm thinking about taking the HDD of my laptop behind the barn and putting it down, slip an SSD on it's place and make a clean install. Thing is, I never linked a Microsoft Account to the installation, and I...
  9. Reactivate Suspended Microsoft Rewards account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reactivate Suspended Microsoft Rewards account: recently I got my account suspended from microsoft rewards and I am wondering if there any way I can get my account back. ***Modified title from: Want my account back please***...
  10. Account reactivation

Account reactivation: I cancelled my premium account about an hour ago. I've changed my mind and now want to reactivate it. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-reactivation/030156ef-453c-45ec-b27f-56df1e78c3f8"