Windows 10: Windows 10 reactivation with new hardware 0xC004C003

Discus and support Windows 10 reactivation with new hardware 0xC004C003 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I recently built a whole new computer and migrate my SDD_1 Windows 10 already installed and activated into the new PC. I repurposed my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Chris_Larkin, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 reactivation with new hardware 0xC004C003

Hi,
    I recently built a whole new computer and migrate my SDD_1 Windows 10 already installed and activated into the new PC.

I repurposed my old computer hardware with a new SDD_2, bought a new copy of Windows 10 to create a fully functioning second PC.

I purchased the new copy of Windows 10 with this Microsoft account and used the new product key on the new SDD_2. Now my SSD_1 Windows 10 is no longer active and I recieve 0xC004C003 error code on the activation page.

NB: the original SSD_1 was build with Windows 7 I no longer have the product key and was given a free upgrade to Windows 10, the system worked perfect up until I bought this new copy of Windows 10 and installed it on SSD_2.

Additionally the Microsoft account now using SSD_2 is different from this one and thus different from the account which purchased the product key. Not sure if this caused the issue?

Please help?!

Kind regards Chris.

:)

Chris_Larkin, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Activation troubles after hardware chnage

Here's what happened:

• Linked my Windows 10 Pro Licence to my Microsoft account.
    • Switched out to a new motherboard, new install linked to my Microsoft account.
    • Activation has failed, (Error Code: 0xC004C003) when I try to troubleshoot:
    • Have been trying for 3 days now - still not activated.
    Anyone got any ideas or suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks

TobiasPreston, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 reactivation with new hardware 0xC004C003

Error: 0xC004C003 Windows is not activated

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Digital License is a way of Activating Windows 10, where you don’t have to enter the Product key to activate it. Digital licenses are associated with your hardware and linked to your Microsoft account. If you have upgraded the computer to Windows 10
    from an older version of Windows i.e. Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1, then Windows gets automatically activated using the previous version of product key.

As per the error code 0xC004C003, it seems that you have entered an invalid product key. Please reply with the following details to assist with the appropriate troubleshooting steps:

• Did Windows 10 come pre-installed in the computer?
    • Have you recently changed any hardware in the computer?
    • Were you using a Microsoft account to sign in?

You can refer the articles on
    Activate Windows 10
    and
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if that helps you in activating Windows.

For more information, I would also suggest you to refer the article to
    Get help with Windows activation errors
    , which contains the information on the error code 0xC004C003 that you are receiving.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 reactivation with new hardware 0xC004C003

1. Windows 10 reactivation with new hardware 0xC004C003 - Similar Threads - reactivation hardware 0xC004C003

2. Reactivating Windows 10 on new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating Windows 10 on new hardware: So I recently got new hardware for my PC and it deactivated windows 10. I tried following the steps to reactivate it through the troubleshooting, but it keeps telling me that the Microsoft servers are experiencing difficulty and to try again later. If anyone knows how to fix...
  3. Reactivating Windows 10 on new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivating Windows 10 on new hardware: So I recently got new hardware for my PC and it deactivated windows 10. I tried following the steps to reactivate it through the troubleshooting, but it keeps telling me that the Microsoft servers are experiencing difficulty and to try again later. If anyone knows how to fix...
  4. Reactivating Windows 10 on new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 reactivation after new hardware

Windows 10 reactivation after new hardware: Recently spoke to a microsoft employee on the phone who says i can't have a new digital license as mine has been used in the past to reactivate my copy of windows. Today i changed my motherboard/cpu and obviously want my windows to be legit, like it should be. Why am i...
  6. Reactivation on new Hardware.

Reactivation on new Hardware.: My previous Lenovo Laptop which had OEM Windows 8.1 license, subsequently updated to Windows 10 broken into pieces and not usable. I bought new acer aspire Laptop which had pre installed Endless OS. I had taken out the hard disk of Lenovo Laptop, put into a usb casing and...
  7. Reactivate Windows 10 - New Hardware

Reactivate Windows 10 - New Hardware: I got a new motherboard for my computer, and now I need to reactivate Windows. It was an upgrade from Windows 8 years ago, and everything I find says it should be linked to my Microsoft account. However, activation troubleshooting says it can't activate, and to make sure I am...
  8. Windows 10 reactivation on new hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reactivation on new hardware: Built my own PC earlier this year, purchased Windows 10 on the Windows store. I installed Windows on this PC through a boot USB using my old laptop. I have order number and exact date of purchase. Upgraded to a new CPU/Motherboard on 29 November 2019. Ran just fine until...
  9. Reactivate windows 10 Error Code 0xC004C003

Reactivate windows 10 Error Code 0xC004C003: Hi Microsoft, I have changed my hardwares (HD, SSD, MotherBoard, Graficcard, Processado), and I just want to use my old PC Microsoft key, to my new hardware PC. I have tried the troubleshot a lot of times, and already select what device I was using to activate, and it says...
  10. New hardware. Can not reactivate windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New hardware. Can not reactivate windows 10: I orderd a new motherboard and CPU recently as my old CPU was all but dead. When trying to reactivate windows on the new hardware it brings up a desktop from Dell Inc which is actually our laptop that was bought not too long ago. When i search for other devices linked to...
Tags: