Windows 10: Windows 10 read only file issue

Discus and support Windows 10 read only file issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I am now having a problem saving PDF documents which I download from the web. My files are "read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShunterQF, Mar 13, 2019.

1. ShunterQF Win User

Windows 10 read only file issue

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I am now having a problem saving PDF documents which I download from the web. My files are "read only". I cannot scan in a PDF any more since the folder that it would scan to is "read only." I have tried changing the files from read only in file explorer, but it switches right back again. Is there a fix for this problem?

:)

ShunterQF, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 13, 2019
  3. file explorer and reading list on windows 10

Hi Colinus,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you faced. We certainly help you with this issue. I want to inform you it is temporary issue it will short out immediately there is no need to go back in previous operating system.
    I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

1. Are you referring to reading list app?

If you are using reading list app so I would suggest you to run windows app troubleshooter to fix issue.

Follow the below steps.

• Go to control panel and select troubleshooting then in top left corner of your screen select view all.

• Click on windows store app and click on it and run it.
    I want to inform you. You can sort, group, and arrange items in a folder or library view by an added column (detail) in ascending or descending order in windows 10 file explorer.

for more information follow the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/files-folders-windows-explorer

Note: It is also applicable for windows 10 as well.

Try these steps and let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 read only file issue

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 read only file issue

1. Windows 10 read only file issue - Similar Threads - read file issue

2. Files are read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files are read only: All of my files are read only, including files on a data server. How do I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-read-only/5a92e5a7-83d9-485b-8280-145b318ca06b
  3. Read only issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read only issue: Folders show read only checked, however I am able to change data in them anyway. I have sharing enabled, and all access allowed in security. The read only box remains checked, and yet I can rename, edit and save files. The problem has manifested itself with iTunes, as I...
  4. Read only issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Read only issue: Folders show read only checked, however I am able to change data in them anyway. I have sharing enabled, and all access allowed in security. The read only box remains checked, and yet I can rename, edit and save files. The problem has manifested itself with iTunes, as I...
  5. Read only issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Read only issue: After an update every single folder is now read only. If I try to uncheck the box, windows just ignore me. If I try to create a new one, it becomes read only. Please help. submitted by /u/Sotterof1995 [link] [comments]...
  6. Issues with read only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with read only: Im having issues with read only rechecking itself every time i close the window in file explorer. Any known fixes? submitted by /u/wafflesrntnice69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kirpek/issues_with_read_only/
  7. Read Only Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read Only Issue: I have tried just about every fix there is out there and I still cannot get files to release from being Read-Only. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-issue/1d941f5c-f3b6-480a-a62b-542106dceff7"
  8. read only files

read only files: read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-files/e2f111ee-e6c7-426f-88d2-6421bfd62668"
  9. file read only

file read only: Hello, A folder is suddenly read only. I have tried changing it both as a user and administrator to no avail. Is there a procedure to correct this other than change the folder name? Thanks...
  10. read only issues

read only issues: Everything files, SD cards, USB storage has changed to read only. I can't get them to change back. What do I do and why has this happened? Using Win 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-issues/ebb01e34-9948-4ee4-b26f-5b9a5602e129"