Windows 10: Windows 10 Reads (blank) Audio CDs as DVDs

Discus and support Windows 10 Reads (blank) Audio CDs as DVDs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I put a blank audio CD in the CD drive, it says it is a DVD. I am trying to burn a playlist from Windows Media Player onto it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by natsukiko3, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Reads (blank) Audio CDs as DVDs

When I put a blank audio CD in the CD drive, it says it is a DVD. I am trying to burn a playlist from Windows Media Player onto it.

:)

natsukiko3, Oct 27, 2019

2. DVD not reading certain CDs

I have an ASUS Laptop with a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT30N DVD Drive. I am running Windows 10. It will not read certain CDs. It shows them as blank. I have a DVD player hooked up to my TV which reads the cds fine. I have recently installed software and played
    audio CDs using the same DVD player on the computer but I bought a bible commentary cd which shows as blank. Anything I can do?

RichardShivell, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Paul AYE Win User
    Audio files not read on CD audio and video DVD on Windows 10

I have some problems with DVDs and CDs since I upgraded from Windows 7 (64bit) to Windows 10:

• first, my computer didn't recognize at all my DVD reader: no icon, no error message, no conflict related in peripheric installation. When I tried to "search" a new peripheric, it simply did not find it. On BIOS, it was indeed present, idem when I booted on DVD with a bootable disk.
    • I could finally install the reader putting directly on the registry the solution proposed here : CD/DVD not working after upgrade to Windows 10, and I thank very much for the solution. drivers files are verified -> no need to update.
    • Now, I can read the content of a data's DVD or CD, but sound is mute on all audio CD's ( on Windows player: the files are recognized, the cd is recognized, working simply as if the audio was put on "mute") , and if I can read videos with VCL, music of film is sometimes OK, but on most (commercial original) DVDs, speaking is totally mute either switched in french (my country) or in English (I verified that the geographic zone is 2 and didn't change it) .I precise that music sound is otherwise OK on my computer (realplayer) it only occurs with CD and DVD

Could someone explain to me what's wrong?

Paul AYE, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Reads (blank) Audio CDs as DVDs

How to run a cd on windows 10

audio CD/DVD

susanramsey1, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Reads (blank) Audio CDs as DVDs

1. Windows 10 Reads (blank) Audio CDs as DVDs - Similar Threads - Reads blank Audio

2. DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.: My new machine running Windows 10 won't read/write blank DVDs or CDs. I've tried several removable burners and they all produce the same error which states "Windows can't read the disc in drive F:\. Make sure that the disc uses a format that Windows recognizes. If the disc is...
  3. DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.: My new machine running Windows 10 won't read/write blank DVDs or CDs. I've tried several removable burners and they all produce the same error which states "Windows can't read the disc in drive F:\. Make sure that the disc uses a format that Windows recognizes. If the disc is...
  4. DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop not reading CDs/DVDs on external player

Laptop not reading CDs/DVDs on external player: I have a Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 that has worked with my external CD/DVD player/burner for two years. Suddenly it is not reading the media on the disc and saying that they are blank when they are pre-recorded. I have tried this on several discs and one other external...
  6. DVD Drive not reading DVDs/CDs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVD Drive not reading DVDs/CDs in Windows 10: So recently I have been wanting to rip some of my DVD library (for personal use, of course), but for some reason the DVD drive on my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T430) is not reading the discs which I put in. I am about to purchase an external DVD drive to read the DVDs, but I...
  7. I can't play cds or dvds on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't play cds or dvds on Windows 10: play cds or dvds on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-play-cds-or-dvds-on-windows-10/098136a1-212d-49c6-bef3-360e29e777b3
  8. File Explorer in Windows 10 not recognising dvds & cds.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer in Windows 10 not recognising dvds & cds.: When inserting a dvd or cd nothing happens. Disc drive & drivers are working properly but the discs don't show on File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-in-windows-10-not-recognising-dvds/a8fb5e2e-3d39-4c24-959c-4cd3528ae5b3"
  9. playing cds/dvds on an external drive

playing cds/dvds on an external drive: Whether my win10 laptop will play cds on an external drive is somewhat hit-and-miss. I have 2 drives, one old and one new. I have the same problem with both, though the old one is recognised as a drive, whereas it seems the newer one isn't. This is a huge problem, as I use...
  10. CD/DVD drive cannot read/write DVDs - CDs OK

CD/DVD drive cannot read/write DVDs - CDs OK: I am running AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ 2.1Ghz with NVidia GeForce GT730 graphic card and my CD/DVD drive cannot read/write DVDs. When a DVD is inserted the drive runs for a minute or more and then I get an error message either "insert the disc and try again"...