Windows 10: Windows 10, ReadyShare and KB3199986

Discus and support Windows 10, ReadyShare and KB3199986 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Since an automatic update to Windows 10 with KB3199986, I am unable to see my attached Readyshare device which is attached to the usb port of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dsa44, Dec 15, 2016.

1. dsa44 Win User

Windows 10, ReadyShare and KB3199986

Hello,
    Since an automatic update to Windows 10 with KB3199986, I am unable to see my attached Readyshare device which is attached to the usb port of my Netgear Wifi. IT WORKED BEFORE, and is view-able on other non windows10 devices. The Netgear forum indicated an issue with the KB3199986 and when uninstalled, Readyshare worked again. However, I am unable to uninstall this update!! As you can see on the attached image, when I check the update, the "uninstall" button is not there! When I choose another update, the uninstall button appears again. Weird, right?
    Can I uninstall the KB3199986 somehow?
    Thanks and happy holidays.

:)

dsa44, Dec 15, 2016

2. Unable to access network drives after installing KB3189866

I too had this problem with my networked drives. Found on the Netgear Forums (thanks Google) that this fix doesn't work with their ReadyShare/network drives and to uninstall it. Even though I have an Asus router I uninstalled and everything is fine. Fix
    is not going back on until corrected.

Link to Netgear

Solved: ReadySHARE Windows 10 + KB3189866 - NETGEAR Communities

MichaelNHarper, Dec 15, 2016
  3. what is KB3199986 it was in windows 10 updates

what is kb3199985 kb3199986 it was in windows 10 updates

also how do I get rid of the windows update (anniversary update) 1607

* In title: kb3199985 changed to KB3199986

JohnHoover973, Dec 15, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Update dependencies (where newer updates depend on older ones to work) can cause the uninstall option to disappear. The only ways to fix this are:
    (a) roll back your system before the original problem update was applied, if you can
    (b) start rolling back current and succeeding updates, one at a time, then try the uninstall on your problem update after each one, until you can finally uninstall that problem update
    Obviously, choice (a) is faster, so take it, if it's open to you.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10, ReadyShare and KB3199986 - Similar Threads - ReadyShare KB3199986

2. Network not showing Readyshare Connections under NETWORK or THIS PC Part 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network not showing Readyshare Connections under NETWORK or THIS PC Part 2: Hello. I was having trouble with my computer again and decided it was best to reinstall Windows 10. Unfortunately, I completely forgot how troublesome it was to enable the \\READYSHARE Drive on Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 after Greg Carmack, an independent advisor in the...
  3. Empty Out Readyshare Vault

Empty Out Readyshare Vault: I have too much time on my hands due to the Covid19 quarantine locally and as a result have been messing around in a area I should have stayed away from. I put an external usb drive on my Win10 build 2004 desktop to File Explorer's Readyshare. (forgot exactly how I did that...
  4. Networking not showing Readyshare Connections under NETWORK or THIS PC

Networking not showing Readyshare Connections under NETWORK or THIS PC: Since updating my Windows 10 Pro to Version 1909, I am no longer able to access the \\READYSHARE Drive on my PC. When I attempt to input \\READYSHARE path into the address bar, an error message 'Windows cannot access \\READYSHARE, error code 0x80004005' is displayed. I...
  5. WI-FI Router's ReadyShare Connection vanished after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WI-FI Router's ReadyShare Connection vanished after Windows update: Once my PC updated, I cannot view the WI-FI Router's ReadyShare connection listed in the "Computer Section", I mean "Network" and the Networked Devices connected to my Laptop...
  6. Can't See Readyshare Attached Drive From 1 Desktop

Can't See Readyshare Attached Drive From 1 Desktop: Hello Everyone For Some Reason cannot see The Readyshare attached drive from main Windows 10 Desktop, can see it fine from Laptop and other Desktop, just not this gaming Desktop All systems running similar software All with Windows Defender/Malwarebytes Free All Up to Date...
  7. Networking not showing WI-FI Router's ReadyShare Connection under Computers

Networking not showing WI-FI Router's ReadyShare Connection under Computers: Since installing Windows 10 Version 1903, when I open "Network" to view the Networked Devices connected my Laptop, I can no longer see the WI-FI Router's ReadyShare connection listed in the "Computer Section" and even when I do a Network Reset it has not solved the problem....
  8. Netgear R7000 Readyshare Vault -- email notification error from Gmail.

Netgear R7000 Readyshare Vault -- email notification error from Gmail.: I have been using R7000 backup to vault for over a year and have never been able to get verifications of backups through Gmail. I tested "test email notification" First message: "Failed to send email notification. Details: Unexpected MAIL FROM response, last Response; 530...
  9. Unable to copy .mkv files to Netgear Readyshare usb drive

Unable to copy .mkv files to Netgear Readyshare usb drive: Hi All, I am facing one weird issue with Windows 10 Home O.S i.e whenever I try to copy .MKV file from my local drive to network drive(Netgear Readyshare USB) over wifi network getting error message as "Can not copy to Destination folder. Please verify path //readyshare",...
  10. ReadyShare Netgear USB, not connecting to pc when installed to the pc's USB port.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ReadyShare Netgear USB, not connecting to pc when installed to the pc's USB port.: I have been using ReadyShare with a Netgear R6300v2 Router. I originally just used a cheap flash drive to test this function. File transfer across Wi-Fi is SLOOOOW, so I tried to use the flash drive Connected directly to my Windows 10 USB port. but it wont connect it says...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb3189866 readyshare

2. version of ready share vault

3. What is windows network readyshare

4. using readyshare windows 10,
  5. windows 10 readyshare,
  6. readyshare windows 10,
  7. cant see readyshare in windows 10,
  8. readyshare download windows 10,
  9. netgear readyshare download windows 10,
  10. windows 10 netgear readyshare drive,