Windows 10: Windows 10 REALLY SLOW after upgrading from windows 8.1

Discus and support Windows 10 REALLY SLOW after upgrading from windows 8.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, so i recently upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and now my games seem to run very bad. On windows 8.1 i could easily get above 30 to 40 fps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ragegamer, Jul 29, 2020.

1. ragegamer Win User

Windows 10 REALLY SLOW after upgrading from windows 8.1

Hi, so i recently upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and now my games seem to run very bad. On windows 8.1 i could easily get above 30 to 40 fps in GTAV but when i upgraded to windows 10 GTAV can now barely get to 30 fps probably an average around 10 to 20 fps, even the overall performance of windows slowed down alot. This is on a laptop with these specs:

CPU: Intel Core i3-3110M 2.40 GHz

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7670M

RAM: 8 GB DDR3

Windows specs:

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 1909

OS build: 18363.959

:)

ragegamer, Jul 29, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

I thought I made it idiot-proof by adding that sidenote in the brackets. I was wrong.

-> If you upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1/7 within the first year of Windows 10's launch, you can have it for free till the Sun runs out of hydrogen. You get an upgrade key, and you can use that even if you need to reinstall things 3 years later.

-> If you're trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1/7 after 1 year following Windows 10 launch, you pay for the upgrade.

btarunr, Jul 29, 2020
  3. 64K
    64K Win User

4. HammerON Win User

Try as you can, there will still be those that cannot comprehend what others do*Smile Windows 10 REALLY SLOW after upgrading from windows 8.1 :)

I think this is great news *Toast :toast:

HammerON, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 REALLY SLOW after upgrading from windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - REALLY SLOW upgrading

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  6. Windows upgrades are really slow

Windows upgrades are really slow: Why the Windows upgrade process without download time from 1909 to 2004 takes more than 4 hours to be applied where on the same machine with Manjaro KDE the upgrade process withotu download time of the whole system with its all installed apps takes less than 6min ?...
  7. upgrading to Windows 10 from 8

upgrading to Windows 10 from 8: Hello, So I finally upgraded my dads windows 8 laptop to windows 10 because he's a stubborn old man who wouldnt do it when it was free.. That windows 8 version had face recognition password that he used to log in and cant remember the password he used to create that log...
  8. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  9. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...
  10. Windows 10 Key after upgrading from Windows 8

Windows 10 Key after upgrading from Windows 8: I have been subscribed to the insider preview and had all the builds of Win 10 as they have been released when Win 10 went RTM I unsubscribed and installed Win 8 Pro and registered using my legit Win 8 Pro key afterwards I upgraded to Win 10 RTM from Microsoft updates and...