Windows 10: Windows 10 - Realtek HD Audio using 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound is not working

Discus and support Windows 10 - Realtek HD Audio using 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound is not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, How do I get Windows 10 with Realtek HD Audio using 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound to work? With any sounds from VLC MP3, Movies, Browser YouTube etc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by A Parmar, Oct 31, 2020.

1. A Parmar Win User

Windows 10 - Realtek HD Audio using 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound is not working

Hi,

How do I get Windows 10 with Realtek HD Audio using 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound to work?

With any sounds from VLC MP3, Movies, Browser YouTube etc sounds do not appear on all channels.

Windows 10 Pro: Version 1909

Driver: Realtek HD Audio: 6.0.1.8036 I've tried going back to v2.81, v.2.80

Using older driver versions I've tried the Enhancements of Speaker Fill/Environment Generic - again this is not working.

I've tried the default Microsoft Driver - again no luck.

Speakers configured to 7.1 with side speakers removed.

Using 5.1 speaker configuration, forces side speakers only, no rear speakers and you can only use rear speakers on 7.1.

I've tried both configurations

Configuration Testing works successfully, but then through VLC MP3, Movies, Browser YouTube etc - sounds are still not appearing on all channels.

Thanks

:)

A Parmar, Oct 31, 2020
  2. JoeBoyka Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everything is working *Smile Windows 10 - Realtek HD Audio using 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound is not working :)

JoeBoyka, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Jayce Win User

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Jayce Win User

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Realtek HD Audio using 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound is not working - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio using

2. should use more than 1 surround sound software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should use more than 1 surround sound software: My dts headphone x came with my laptop and then I got a razer headphone and it cames with their 7.1 surround sound an I don't know if I should use both or just 1. I play valorant and warzone 2...
  3. should use more than 1 surround sound software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should use more than 1 surround sound software: My dts headphone x came with my laptop and then I got a razer headphone and it cames with their 7.1 surround sound an I don't know if I should use both or just 1. I play valorant and warzone 2...
  4. Realtek HD Audio Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek HD Audio Not Working: Hello, I am having an issue with Realtek not working on my computer, or better yet not even showing up anywhere in device manager. The only places Realtek pops up is in the task manager under start up and services and in the program files, but I don't believe all the files...
  5. Realtek HD Audio not WORKING

Realtek HD Audio not WORKING: ok. I have been working on this for about 6 hours. Realtek Drivers will not install. They install but do absolutely nothing. I have tried many different sources thinking I just installed the wrong one. Realtek does not show up in my Device Manager. NONE of my inputs or...
  6. Realtek HD Audio not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek HD Audio not working: So I was playing GTA 5 and then I shut the flap of my laptop and didn't shut it down but just put it to sleep. After a while, I opened it again and there was no sound. I checked the Playback devices and it only said Speakers(7.1 Surround Sound) and the Realtek audio wasn't...
  7. hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound

hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound: im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hy-im-windows-10-no-sound-in-system-51-no-sound/dfcd0bea-d64e-4d4a-8d22-a1d756aec611
  8. 5.1 Surround Sound / Realtek HD Audio Manager Outputting 2.1

5.1 Surround Sound / Realtek HD Audio Manager Outputting 2.1: Hey Gents and Ladies! I am new to the forums, brought here by a specific audio gremlin that has been plaguing my system for years. I have been viewing the Realtek Driver thread extensively, but have yet to find a resolution to my issue by updating with the builds...
  9. Realtek HD Crackling Audio sounds - Windows 10

Realtek HD Crackling Audio sounds - Windows 10: Hi I currently have a Dell Inspiron 7567 running windows 10. And it had good as expected audio output, then a few months ago this issue rose, I searched online countless times and attempted to fix it, long story short I didn't BUT then a few days went buy and it got fixed on...
  10. Replacing Windows 7 on HD 1 with Windows 10 on HD 2?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing Windows 7 on HD 1 with Windows 10 on HD 2?: Hi! I upgraded to build 10240 today and hence have a clean Installation of Windows 10. This is instaled on an extra Partition of my 2nd harddisk while my live-System (Win 7) is on HD 1. The question is: could I use some clonig tool to copy the Windows 10 Partition to my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek high definition audio no 5.1 sound

2. Realtek HD Audio using 5.1 or 7.1

3. realtek 7.1 surround sound drivers

4. realtek hd no surround in windows 10,
  5. high definition audio 5.1 windows 10,
  6. realtek laptop 7.1 mod driver,
  7. realtek high definition audio driver 7.1 surround system,
  8. realtek high definition audio driver 7.1,
  9. 5.1 not work on realtek hd audio