Windows 10: Windows 10 / Realtek: Videos On Youtube, Netflix etc. Audio Out of Sync Lags

Discus and support Windows 10 / Realtek: Videos On Youtube, Netflix etc. Audio Out of Sync Lags in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A lot of people have been complaining (myself included) about how Microsoft and/or Realtek are not addressing the audio sync issue across the board in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iMidevil Chaos, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 / Realtek: Videos On Youtube, Netflix etc. Audio Out of Sync Lags

A lot of people have been complaining (myself included) about how Microsoft and/or Realtek are not addressing the audio sync issue across the board in every browser when using Youtube or other streaming services. Of course, just make sure that after any major update, the audio changes brought below are still in place, just in case.

Here are the current fixes I have used, and seems to work. Sure, it's a lot of work, but... it's all there in terms of explaining what to do and how to do it:

Switch off HPET

> Device Manager > System Devices > High Precision Event Timer

Disable secondary audio driver if there is one

Windows Key > Device Manager > Audio Inputs and Outputs > Speakers etc.

Windows Key > Sound > Properties (Playback Tab)
    (Disable) > Allow application to take exclusive control of this device
    (Disable) > Give exclusive mode applications priority

Windows Key > Sound > Properties (Playback Tab)
    > Right Click (properties) > Advanced
    > Change Default Format to 16 bit, 192000 Hz (Studio Quality)

(Disable) hardware acceleration in browsers (search how for your specific browser)

On Vivaldi
    "C:\Program Files\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe" --process-per-site --disk-cache-dir=z:\vivaldi\ --disk-cache-size=104857600 --enable-low-end-device-mode

Create High Performance Plan via power options (ONLY if need be)

> Windows Key > Battery Settings

> Change Advanced Power Settings

> Processor Power Management > Minimum Process State

> On both, 100%

Basically, this last option is only required if need be. I do NOT recommend it though. The other fixes should be sufficient.

Otherwise, you could buy yourself an external audio card, since the goal would be to use a different audio driver instead of the Realtek one. And the external cards provide that. They are worth around $10 on amazon, and you basically have to plug your headphones into it (in theory). I never tried this method, but it's worth a shot if you cannot resolved the problem with my fixes.

:)

iMidevil Chaos, Aug 16, 2019
  2. sranauta Win User

Audio progressively lagging behind video

When I play video - whether streaming(Netflix, Youtube) in a browser or using GOM or VLC player , the audio progressively lags behind the video.

Refreshing the browser page , or stopping and restarting the player re syncs the audio but it again progressively lags behind .

What are the causes for this and how can I fix it?

Thanks

sranauta, Aug 16, 2019
  3. MartinMVJ Win User
    Video and audio out of sync

I've been having an on-going issue where while streaming online video (YouTube, Netflix, etc.) the video and audio become out of sync. I've browsed several solutions from various communities and none have worked thus far. Solutions I've attempted:

• updating drivers
    • disabling Realtek High Definition Audio
    • uninstalling Realtek High definition audio - and letting windows auto-reinstall it
    • Editing the power plan setting
    When I pause the video for a few minutes, it's fine for a bit, but will become out of sync again. Lately it's been taking less and less time for the audio to become out of sync. It does not matter what browser I use either. Any help?

System specs:

Windows 10 Home

Intel Core i7-6700 CPU 3.40GHz 3.41GHz

16 GB RAM

64-bit Operating system

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

MartinMVJ, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 / Realtek: Videos On Youtube, Netflix etc. Audio Out of Sync Lags

All audio/video is out of sync

For the last week or so, whenever I watch any video, the audio gets out of sync and gets progressively worse the longer the video plays.

It happens on everything, youtube, Netflix and happens in all browsers.

my system Is a Dell XPS 2350 All-in-one

I have tried all the suggestions I have found online thus far.

1. updating audio and video drivers

2. replacing the Realtek driver with the windows default driver

3. changing the sound output settings to CD quality

4. disabling any audio enhancements.

5. all available windows updates and [atches are installed.

any other suggestions?

Snake Hollywood, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 / Realtek: Videos On Youtube, Netflix etc. Audio Out of Sync Lags

1. Windows 10 / Realtek: Videos On Youtube, Netflix etc. Audio Out of Sync Lags - Similar Threads - Realtek Videos Youtube

2. Video and audio out of sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video and audio out of sync: I Have This Problem Which occurs in any video I play whether it's on a browser or VLC or Movies&TV Not happing in video games}and also it does happen after playing a video for "almost" 5 minutes and audio is 1 or 2 seconds ahead of the video But it goes back to normal if I...
  3. Video and audio out of sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video and audio out of sync: Whenever i connect to home wifi my video and audio goes out of sync while watching online videos.But whenever i switch to mobile hotspot it run smoothly no out of sync,please help me. Give me a solution...
  4. Out of sync Video and audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Out of sync Video and audio: while playing online video my audio and video is going out of sync every time even,i have also updated my browser and i have tried different brower too.Please help me...
  5. Out of sync Video and audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Out of sync Video and audio: while playing online video my audio and video is going out of sync every time even,i have also updated my browser and i have tried different brower too.Please help me...
  6. When using speakers videos , Netflix, Youtube, etc. will randomly lose audio. The video...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When using speakers videos , Netflix, Youtube, etc. will randomly lose audio. The video...: As the title states, anytime I play my audio through my speakers the audio will initially be fine. However I will lose audio randomly, the video will keep playing, but eventually pause to let the audio catching up to the video playback. This only occurs if I use speakers...
  7. How to fix Video and Audio not in sync YouTube, Netflix, etc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to fix Video and Audio not in sync YouTube, Netflix, etc.: How to fix that the video and audio of videos that I watch on both Netflix and YouTube, and also Crunchyroll keep getting out of sync after playing the video for a while. Sometimes it's not 'til 10-15min after, but sometimes it's only 3-5minutes for it to get out of sync, and...
  8. Windows 10 Videos On Youtube, Netflix etc. Audio Out of Sync Lags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Videos On Youtube, Netflix etc. Audio Out of Sync Lags: A lot of people have been complaining (myself included) about how Microsoft and/or Realtek are not addressing the audio sync audio across the board in every browser when using Youtube or other services using a streaming service. Here is the current fix I have used, and...
  9. Video and audio out of sync

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video and audio out of sync: I've been having an on-going issue where while streaming online video (YouTube, Netflix, etc.) the video and audio become out of sync. I've browsed several solutions from various communities and none have worked thus far. Solutions I've attempted: updating drivers disabling...
  10. Video/ Audio Sync issues in Youtube/ VLC etc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video/ Audio Sync issues in Youtube/ VLC etc: I have an ASUS laptop ironically called a '' . Series W508v. I bought it because I've had great luck with ASUS in the past and because it was an i7 6700 @2.6 with 16g ram and an SSD. I thought it was specc'd well enough for my uses. The original SSD died and under warranty...