Windows 10: windows 10 rearranges taskbar icons

Discus and support windows 10 rearranges taskbar icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the middle of my day, or just at random times, my taskbar icons open applications, not pinned will all of a sudden move around and rearrange... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeoffreyUT, Mar 31, 2020.

1. windows 10 rearranges taskbar icons

In the middle of my day, or just at random times, my taskbar icons open applications, not pinned will all of a sudden move around and rearrange themselves. How do I prevent this? I am on Windows 10 Pro 1909, 18363.720. Below are my settings.

windows 10 rearranges taskbar icons 35e13146-ca02-485b-bc2a-fef054f07b8e?upload=true.png

:)

GeoffreyUT, Mar 31, 2020

2. How do I rearrange the order of the taskbar icons in Windows 10?

Windows 10. How do I rearrange the startup position of the icons on the taskbar, not the dragging bit?

FranklinWomack, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 31, 2020
  4. rgcviper Win User

windows 10 rearranges taskbar icons

Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from W7, but an issue from 7 remains. When my computer freezes, all the icons in my taskbar rearrange themselves into an unintended order--mainly within the individual programs since I pinned my main icons to the taskbar. This issue seemed to have resolved itself when I upgraded to 10, but it just occurred again. I had an I.T. guy look at my computer when I still had 7, and he determined that the issue was not hardware-related, and he suggested that I clear my hard drive and reinstall the operating system. Are any less-drastic repair options available? I've run numerous anti-virus and anti-malware scans, but nothing has been detected. Thank you for your assistance.

rgcviper, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 rearranges taskbar icons

1. windows 10 rearranges taskbar icons - Similar Threads - rearranges taskbar icons

2. how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar: Taskbar icons are rearranged by Windows monthly updates. I had them in the alignment I wished. I find instructions only for moving the taskbar, which I want to keep on the bottom where it has always been. I wish just to rearrange the icons as we can do with desktop tile...
  3. how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar: Taskbar icons are rearranged by Windows monthly updates. I had them in the alignment I wished. I find instructions only for moving the taskbar, which I want to keep on the bottom where it has always been. I wish just to rearrange the icons as we can do with desktop tile...
  4. How can I rearrange taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I rearrange taskbar icons?: Hi!I would like to rearrange the icons on my taskbar, but they are 'stuck' in an order. I tried looking this up, but I could only find suggestions that involve third-party software, which isn't something I would prefer for my work laptop. I can rearrange icons of different...
  5. How can I rearrange taskbar icons?

How can I rearrange taskbar icons?: Hi!I would like to rearrange the icons on my taskbar, but they are 'stuck' in an order. I tried looking this up, but I could only find suggestions that involve third-party software, which isn't something I would prefer for my work laptop. I can rearrange icons of different...
  6. How can I rearrange taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. rearrange or re-order taskbar Icons in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rearrange or re-order taskbar Icons in Win 11: When I installed Windows 11 many of the task bar icons can not be moved or arranged in the order I want them to appear. With win 10 I could move or re-order the task bar icons. Anyone have the same problem or an idea to try to fix this?Thanks, Gary...
  8. rearrange or re-order taskbar Icons in Win 11

rearrange or re-order taskbar Icons in Win 11: When I installed Windows 11 many of the task bar icons can not be moved or arranged in the order I want them to appear. With win 10 I could move or re-order the task bar icons. Anyone have the same problem or an idea to try to fix this?Thanks, Gary...
  9. Can't drag and rearrange icon on the left side of taskbar in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't drag and rearrange icon on the left side of taskbar in windows 10.: After update I Can't drag and rearrange icon on the left side of taskbar . I have tried several method but still the icon is freeze [ATTACH]...
  10. Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes: I just upgraded to Windows 10 from W7, but an issue from 7 remains. When my computer freezes, all the icons in my taskbar rearrange themselves into an unintended order--mainly within the individual programs since I pinned my main icons to the taskbar. This issue seemed to...