Windows 10: Windows 10 reboot backup usb drive

Discus and support Windows 10 reboot backup usb drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Precisely which usb drive type and size do I need for reboot of windows 10 if my computer goes down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EssieLindquist, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 reboot backup usb drive

Precisely which usb drive type and size do I need for reboot of windows 10 if my computer goes down.

:)

EssieLindquist, Sep 7, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Sep 7, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Windows 10 reboot backup usb drive

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 reboot backup usb drive

1. Windows 10 reboot backup usb drive - Similar Threads - reboot backup usb

2. Windows 11, Backup to USB Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Backup to USB Drive.: I upgraded to Windows 11, from Windows 10, and is running successfully.When trying to backup existing files and folders to a USB drive, not all files are backed up:- Documents, Pictures are missing on the drive, and I then had to transfer manually. This creates a doubt as to...
  3. Windows 11, Backup to USB Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, Backup to USB Drive.: I upgraded to Windows 11, from Windows 10, and is running successfully.When trying to backup existing files and folders to a USB drive, not all files are backed up:- Documents, Pictures are missing on the drive, and I then had to transfer manually. This creates a doubt as to...
  4. How to backup from an USB drive - new Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to backup from an USB drive - new Windows 10: Hello, I got my new Windows 10 laptop today and am currently planning a clean install. I also need a new backup strategy - I used to use a bootable CD with Acronis TrueImage. This is probably not possible because I no longer have an optical drive. I also wanted to see if...
  5. Windows 10 Backup Images "Disappear" on USB Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Backup Images "Disappear" on USB Hard Drive: I have the most current version of Windows 10. I have a Western Digital 1TB USB hard drive connected to my desktop. I disconnected the WD hard drive from my desktop and did an image backup, using the Windows built-in backup utility, of my daughter's laptop and my wife's...
  6. How to backup system to usb drive

How to backup system to usb drive: how to backup system to usb drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup/f4fb734b-8539-408f-9687-b702947d00e6
  7. Windows 10 Backup Settings - With a USB HDD for Backup

Windows 10 Backup Settings - With a USB HDD for Backup: I am trying to make use of the MS Windows 10 backup feature. The help pages are pretty useless directing to simply 'Add a drive...' and then terminating. I can navigate in to Settings, Update Backup & Restore and then add a drive. I can event see that it default...
  8. backup to usb thumb drives?

backup to usb thumb drives?: Is it possible to do backups to thumbdrives? If so, is it possible to do those backups with common backup apps such as macrim and/or AOMEI? If so what are the pros and cons? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903...
  9. Best USB drive for weekly backups?

Best USB drive for weekly backups?: I've been browsing around for USB sticks to backup important files to, and am completely lost in the entire market. I am looking for 256-512gb capacity, here are a couple i found. I have no idea what i should be looking for in USB sticks. Does anyone have experience and could...
  10. USB Backup drive location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Backup drive location: Windows 10 File manager confuses me. My Seagate 5TB external drive is in 2 places on the left column. First it is on the same outline level as This PC, One Drive, and Quick Access and just above Network. Expand This PC and it is also there as drive (E). Curious minds want to...