Windows 10: Windows 10 Reboot Loop after Roll-Back

Discus and support Windows 10 Reboot Loop after Roll-Back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had been getting a lot of issues including freezing with the anniversary update. After searching online for the problem, I found out I was not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZJE123, Aug 15, 2016.

1. ZJE123 Win User

Windows 10 Reboot Loop after Roll-Back

I had been getting a lot of issues including freezing with the anniversary update. After searching online for the problem, I found out I was not the only one who had it. A fix that was recommended was to Roll-Back to a previous build of Windows 10. I have now done so, but I have ran into a bigger problem, my pc is in an endless reboot-loop. The pc turns on, a dash flickers while scrolling down the screen, then the screen goes black and the pc restarts. This has been happening for about half an hour now. What can I do to finally resolve this issue? Thanks for any help.

Update #1: I have unplugged everything from my pc including the secondary hard drive, and now whenever I boot from my ssd, I get this message "Reboot and Select proper Boot device"

Update #2: After finding no solutions, I have now performed a clean install of the OS. I did not want to have to do this since my last clean reinstall was only three months ago, but it was the only thing I could do.

:)

ZJE123, Aug 15, 2016
  2. mjh1999 Win User

Goes in to a constant loop of rebooting when trying to roll back to Windows 7 from Windows 10.

Original Title:

Have had to roll back windows 10 to windows 7;

windows 7 tries to reload but just get a reboot of the PC with the windows 10 blue window logo coming up, then a message 'restoring previous version of windows' Goes in to a constant loop of rebooting, restoring windows, rebooting etc etc

Anyone know how I can get back to windows 7 or even 10 from this crazy loop situation?

mjh1999, Aug 15, 2016
  3. My Windows 10 PC now reboots whenever I leave it alone for a few hours - reboot loop?

This appears to be similar to the issue reported in this forum and CNET on 8/11/2015, where a bad entry in the registry caused some PCs to get caught in a reboot/reupdate loop.

Windows 10 update triggers reboot glitch for some users

After the update fails to install properly the first time around, Windows 10 tries to roll it back as is standard procedure. But since the update is automated and forced, Windows tries to install it again after rebooting,
    causing a loop of reboots for some users. Writer Adrian Kingsley-Hughes of CNET sister site ZDNet wrote about his travails
    trying to install the update
    on Sunday and getting stuck in a series of reboots. I installed the update on Sunday, but it ran smoothly on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. So as usual, the problem seems to affect only
    a certain percentage of users.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix coming from Microsoft?

Thanks,

Ken

KenHartman2828, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Reboot Loop after Roll-Back

1. Windows 10 Reboot Loop after Roll-Back - Similar Threads - Reboot Loop Roll

2. Rolling Back to Windows 10 after 10 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rolling Back to Windows 10 after 10 days: I installed Windows 10 on D drive then i installed a new ssd which is now the c drive on my pc and upgraded to windows 11. After 10 days wil i be able to go back to windows 10 which is on my D drive?...
  3. Rolling Back to Windows 10 after 10 days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rolling Back to Windows 10 after 10 days: I installed Windows 10 on D drive then i installed a new ssd which is now the c drive on my pc and upgraded to windows 11. After 10 days wil i be able to go back to windows 10 which is on my D drive?...
  4. Windows 2008R2 rolls back on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 2008R2 rolls back on reboot: I have a windows 2008R2 system that completely rolls back on reboot. Deleted files reappear, settings roll back and new installs etc are impossible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-2008r2-rolls-back-on-reboot/674ffb65-29ba-4733-bf5e-aec49009462c
  5. Windows 2008R2 rolls back on reboot

Windows 2008R2 rolls back on reboot: I have a windows 2008R2 system that completely rolls back on reboot. Deleted files reappear, settings roll back and new installs etc are impossible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-2008r2-rolls-back-on-reboot/674ffb65-29ba-4733-bf5e-aec49009462c
  6. Roll back to windows 10 after a month

Roll back to windows 10 after a month: I upgraded my system to Windows 11 about 2 months ago but recently it's been causing major issues with my system- such as being unable to boot entirely. I work at home and have a lot of important files on the computer so I was wondering how to could roll back to windows 10 or...
  7. Roll back to windows 10 after a month

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roll back to windows 10 after a month: I upgraded my system to Windows 11 about 2 months ago but recently it's been causing major issues with my system- such as being unable to boot entirely. I work at home and have a lot of important files on the computer so I was wondering how to could roll back to windows 10 or...
  8. Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot: I've been receiving Windows Insider builds from the Beta channel for a few months now, and I'm having problems trying to install the latest one - 10.0.22581.100 ni_release.The update downloads successfully, completes the initial installation, successfully reboots, completes...
  9. Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot

Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot: I've been receiving Windows Insider builds from the Beta channel for a few months now, and I'm having problems trying to install the latest one - 10.0.22581.100 ni_release.The update downloads successfully, completes the initial installation, successfully reboots, completes...
  10. Roll back loop --Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Roll back loop --Help: Hi there I decided to revert back from Insider build 17746 to the standard build on one machine using Windows revert back in the update / security system - just testing instead of restoring via a Macrium image.. The roll back worked and I also requested no more insider...