Windows 10: Windows 10 reboot loop - no solution seems to work

Discus and support Windows 10 reboot loop - no solution seems to work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have had a problem for around six weeks now with a Windows 10 reboot loop which has just got worse. Previously I was occasionally able to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BLZeebub, Aug 12, 2020.

1. BLZeebub Win User

Windows 10 reboot loop - no solution seems to work

Hi

I have had a problem for around six weeks now with a Windows 10 reboot loop which has just got worse. Previously I was occasionally able to get into Windows 10 to actually do something to resolve the problem, but now, the only option available to me is the advanced options, none of which seem to work. The Startup repair option resulted in a message saying it couldn’t fix the problem.

I have watched several videos to use command prompt options, but what was on the video was always different to what was on my screen, so this didn’t work.

I have tried system restore, but I get a message saying ‘you must enable system protection on this device’. This is impossible when you can’t get into the settings of the device.

I have tried uninstalling updates, but I get a message saying ‘we ran into a problem...’ so that didn’t work either.

Everything I try seems to run into a problem. I am reluctant to reset my pc as I don’t want the additional hassle of losing apps and settings - this issue has already caused me enough trouble. I thought Microsoft would have resolved this issue by now, as it’s been prevalent for a while.

Can anyone please help? I don’t understand why this problem has occurred again, and why it has got worse.

:)

BLZeebub, Aug 12, 2020
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Aug 12, 2020
  3. HDDJ Win User
    Reboot looping

Hi,

My laptop asus stuck in reboot loop, then i restarting the laptop 4-5 time, it stating preparing repair windows, then it work until login interface and it stuck, not progressing to window page.is that harddisk problem?

I have reseating cmos battery plug it out for few minutes, then it start reboot looping again. Any other suggestion? I've done s.m.a.r.t check on harddisk, it say ok

4. Geethu B Win User

Windows 10 Reboot Loop

Hi Arun,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your computer is in reboot loop after installing Windows Updates.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Conflict between third party applications.

2. Conflict between external devices.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to unplug all the external devices except mouse and keyboard and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer the article to boot to Safe Mode and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2:

If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the
    provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 reboot loop - no solution seems to work - Similar Threads - reboot loop solution

2. Reboot loop on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboot loop on windows 10: Good day, I reseted my laptop last night now its in a reboot loop when I get to the preparing stage it says " The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error windows installation cannot proceed to install windows click OK to restart the computer and...
  3. Reboot loop on windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reboot loop on windows 10: Good day, I reseted my laptop last night now its in a reboot loop when I get to the preparing stage it says " The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error windows installation cannot proceed to install windows click OK to restart the computer and...
  4. USB webcam not working properly in Windows 10, no Internet solution seems to work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB webcam not working properly in Windows 10, no Internet solution seems to work: Hey guys, I've had a Sandberg webcam 1080P HD 133-96 for a couple of months now and have always had some issues with it, but most of the times plugging it out and in seemed to fix any issues I've had. However lately the webcam has stopped working properly - it only works...
  5. Window 10 reboot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 reboot loop: I have been using window 10 32bit in my acer laptop 4755 series for a while, decided to change to window 10 64 bit but after installing this the problem of auto-restarting is frequently, when checked it says sytem wa not properly shutdown what can I do please cause cant work?...
  6. Windows 10 reboot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 reboot loop: My Windows 10 laptop was updating and mistakenly I turned off the computer. I turned it back on only to find that it was now stuck in a reboot loop. It tries to undo the changes made and then restarts. This happens over and over again. I have tried everything. I have tried...
  7. Windows 10 Reboot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reboot Loop: Good day all, Recently I have had a problem with my audio and video out functionality. After a lot of troubleshooting on the software side, my last resort was to perform a clean installation of the OS to make sure that the hardware was faulty. I already have a...
  8. Windows 10 reboot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reboot loop: Hi everyone Yesterday I was presented with a Memory Management BSOD and since then I've been stuck in a loop with my Windows 10. The BSOD apparently froze at 100% error collecting so I decided to hard reset my computer. That's when it all started. I was then presented...
  9. Automatic Repair Loop - Solutions Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Repair Loop - Solutions Not Working: Hello all! I'm sorry for not posting specs per the new thread instructions, but I can't access them at the moment due to my particular problem. My home-built PC is experiencing the automatic repair loop. I was running Win7 when I built it in 2009, and got the free Win10...
  10. Windows 10 Reboot loop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reboot loop?: I have an elderly friend who bought a new Dell XPS system (at my recommendation) and I went and set it up for her and it had been working fine for a little more than a month. As far as I can tell Windows 10 installed updates and once it reboots the desktop comes up and it's...