Windows 10: Windows 10 rebooting without asking

Discus and support Windows 10 rebooting without asking in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For the nth time my Windows 10 box was rebooted lat night, without my permission, costing my n hours of work, and after I had followed every single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LennyZee, Jul 17, 2020.

1. LennyZee Win User

Windows 10 rebooting without asking

For the nth time my Windows 10 box was rebooted lat night, without my permission, costing my n hours of work, and after I had followed every single thread and set every possible configuration, policy, and registry setting I could find the last time this happened. I did just find the 'AUOption' registry setting and set it. I guess I'll find out next time if that works. I am not holding my breath.

My question, to Microsoft product development:

WHY do you feel it necessary to override even your own configuration options and registry settings and force reboots on your customers, knowing full well that they have jumped through numerous hoops to have control of the featureON THEIR, NOT YOUR, machine?

Can I get an official answer from Microsoft, please?

:)

LennyZee, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 rebooting without asking

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

For those who just need to enable Dolby Digital Live 5.1 for your realtek sound card here is complete manual. Works for me in Win 10 Creators update (1703). Easy installation if you do not need these Dolby things just allow DDL 5.1

Here is the post #27
    https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...by-digital-live-dts-interactive.228612/page-2
    and here is the link for Realtek R2.80 driver doownload (can not be found on Realtek official site)
    MEGA

You also need to enable Test mode before installation of the driver.

Enable Test mode:

Step 1. Open the Windows command promt as "Run as Administrator".

Step 2. Run "bcdedit -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" (without the "").

Step 3. To finalize the process run "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON" (without the "").

Step 4. Reboot and you're done.

To disable it do step 1 and run these commands on step 2 and 3:

Step 2. "bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" (without the "")

Step 3. "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF" (without the "")

Then do step 4 and you're done.

Then you can continue to installation of the driver.

I hope I helped you, if any questions, ask here I'll try to answer you if I'll be able.

dargissimo, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 rebooting without asking

1. Windows 10 rebooting without asking - Similar Threads - rebooting without asking

2. Windows 10 reboots without error Automatic reboot disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 reboots without error Automatic reboot disabled: I am at my last straw. This problem appears around community multiple times and no real solution has been given. OP`s usually just disappear. I have tried all suggestions. From driver updates, fresh installs, PSU swap, UPS swap, power cable swap, even replaced CPU cooler.PC...
  3. Windows 10 reboots without error Automatic reboot disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 reboots without error Automatic reboot disabled: I am at my last straw. This problem appears around community multiple times and no real solution has been given. OP`s usually just disappear. I have tried all suggestions. From driver updates, fresh installs, PSU swap, UPS swap, power cable swap, even replaced CPU cooler.PC...
  4. Windows 10 reboots without error Automatic reboot disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 asking for online account after reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 asking for online account after reboot.: My 13year old was home today doing his homework and when he turned on his computer its asking him to login on a microsoft account?? ****? He has had the laptop for 2 years logging in locally. He had to use my desktop work pc at home to connect to his class work. Why is...
  6. PC Rebooting Windows 10 without a key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Rebooting Windows 10 without a key.: Currently I'm using Windows 10,and my key is soon going to expire. Can you reboot your PC without the key,or are you forced to have it just for the reboot?...
  7. KB4503327 already installed 3 times and reboots without asking

KB4503327 already installed 3 times and reboots without asking: Hi, This madness should stop. This update already installed itself 3 times and each time, my system was rebooted without asking while the system was idle but during the active hours. Current work lost each time. Anyone at MS wanting to fix this oddity ?...
  8. Windows 10 Reboots Without Authorization

Windows 10 Reboots Without Authorization: This happens often with new laptops and transferred laptops that get configured for users. When we upgrade/transfer users to new/existing laptops we have to download all their emails back from office 365 exchange online. Some mailboxes are huge and due to the speed...
  9. Windows 10 restarts without asking

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 restarts without asking: I was performing a first time start up on steam for Grand Theft Auto V. It was installing 1 of 3 components like all games do from steam. Right in the middle of that it restarted for Windows updates. That is not okay. I thought I conquered this by setting "Choose how updates...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Started Without Asking

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade Started Without Asking: My Windows 7 system was subscribed for the upgrade reservation. The little Window 10 icon expanded and said my upgrade was ready to download. I went to Windows Update to watch what was going on. Downloading had started without my permission. After the download was complete it...