Windows 10: Windows 10 rebooting without warning nor prompt. lpksetup

Discus and support Windows 10 rebooting without warning nor prompt. lpksetup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, my windows 10 pc randomly reboots even when i am in the middle of work. It will jump directly to the shutoff screen showing which programs are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by erde_valkirian, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 rebooting without warning nor prompt. lpksetup

Hi, my windows 10 pc randomly reboots even when i am in the middle of work. It will jump directly to the shutoff screen showing which programs are still open and is trying to close them.

The event manager windows registry installation folder clearly states the following:

12:24:01event 1 servicing:

Initiating changes for package Language Pack. Current state is Installed. Target state is Absent. Client id: lpksetup.

12:25:03event 2 servicing:

Package Language Pack was successfully changed to the Absent state.

12:25:05event 1 servicing:

Initiating changes for package Language Pack. Current state is Installed. Target state is Absent. Client id: lpksetup.

12:25:46event 2 servicing:

Package Language Pack was successfully changed to the Absent state.

12:25:48event 1 servicing

12:26:14event 4 servicing

A reboot is necessary before package Language Pack can be changed to the Absent state.

the system folder shows:

12:24:01event 7040 Service control manager

12:24:04event 98 ntfs

12:25:03 event 7040 service control manager

12:25:05 event 7040 service control manager

12:25:27 event 33 VoIsnap

12:25:46 event 7040 service control manager

12:25:48 event 7040 service control manager

12:26:36 event 1073 user32

attempt to reboot or shutdown the system caused an error

the application folder shows:

12:24:01-12:24:52 event 8302 system restore

restoration point created , succesfull shadowcopy

12:26:12 event 10000 restart manager

initiates session

12:26:12 event 10010 restart manager

can't restart application 'C:\Windows\System32\SettingSyncHost.exe' PID 13768

12:26:12 event 10005 restart manager

it is necessary to restart the system

12:26:12 event 10001 restart manager

it is nessesary to restart the system

i managed to stop this restart. a restart i couldn't stop showed following events after succesfull restarting

event 2 servicing

Package KB4560960 was successfully changed to the Installed state.

it is always the package Kb4560960.

The only longterm solution i have found is outright deleting lpksetup from system32 but this seems like a short-term fix.

:)

erde_valkirian, Jul 2, 2020

2. windows 10 reboots without warning

The article that you suggested be looked at applies to versions of windows prior to the one that I am having an issue with.

The version that keeps rebooting without warning and without any error message is this latest version, (windows 10) and this started to happen about several updates ago.

There has been no additional software added to this unit since that update or since windows 10 was installed on this unit.

There were no crashes like this prior to that update with this version of windows and the currently installed software.

Windows 10 was working just fine until then.

Because your updates are not readily visible to the end user, it is only a guess as to which one seems to be at the root of this issue.

There is a possibility that this is a hardware failure with a memory chip, however diagnostics have indicated that there is no issues with any of the installed hardware.

What is next on your list?

JohnJensen1950, Jul 2, 2020
  3. windows 10 reboots without warning

windows 10 reboots without warning?

pagegonemissing, Jul 2, 2020
  4. DonVarner Win User

Windows 10 rebooting without warning nor prompt. lpksetup

win 10 will reboot without warning anytime

Win 10 latest version will reboot without warning

DonVarner, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 rebooting without warning nor prompt. lpksetup

1. Windows 10 rebooting without warning nor prompt. lpksetup - Similar Threads - rebooting without warning

2. Update Reboots without Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Reboots without Warning: The Windows 10 operating system needs an internet connection to function at its best.This means that all updates are downloaded and installed at random times, as soon as they are made available; and the installation is followed by a reboot.This reboot could take place without...
  3. Update Reboots without Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Reboots without Warning: The Windows 10 operating system needs an internet connection to function at its best.This means that all updates are downloaded and installed at random times, as soon as they are made available; and the installation is followed by a reboot.This reboot could take place without...
  4. Update Reboots without Warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 restarting without warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 restarting without warning: Hi Win 10 pro 18363 I'm in need of some pointing in the right direction. My Windows 10 PC has suddenly started restarting without warning. No messages are provided as to the cause. My searches for ideas as the what might be causing this have helped and I've managed to...
  6. My pc keeps rebooting without warning

My pc keeps rebooting without warning: Hello. Recently my pc has been automatically rebooting without any warning or “the blue screen of death”. I indeed already turned off automatic restart and have event logs turned on but still nothing happens with that. It still reboots randomly like normal. This started about...
  7. Computer goes into reboot without warning and sticks at BIOS

Computer goes into reboot without warning and sticks at BIOS: Have been having issues recently with PC crashing for no apparent reason. When it spontaneously reboot, it sticks on the BIOS and then I have to do a hard boot via power button. Due to these issues, we discovered that the Windows updates were somehow disabled last year and...
  8. System reboots without warning repeatedly

System reboots without warning repeatedly: Hello! For the last month or so, I have had my system reboot without warning. The screens go black, the system goes quiet and then it starts as if I had just turned it on. I have Windows 10 Version 1909 KB4551762 installed, and think I'm updated on all my hardware and...
  9. PC randomly reboots without warning

PC randomly reboots without warning: Hi, My pc was working perfectly for a while until a week ago, it started rebooting randomly. Ive tried reinstalling graphics drivers, mobo drivers, formatting my drives, sfc /scannowno issues detected and installing a newOS but the issue persists. I used the windows...
  10. win 10 will reboot without warning anytime

win 10 will reboot without warning anytime: Win 10 latest version will reboot without warning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-will-reboot-without-warning-anytime/7df04d57-890f-4b57-946d-eb9ceb761b62