Windows 10: Windows 10 reboots after shutdown

Discus and support Windows 10 reboots after shutdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Just after the recent update my laptop started rebooting after I shut it down, or put it to sleep. Which is not very helpful. Have taken to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CGreenwood, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Windows 10 reboots after shutdown

Hello,

Just after the recent update my laptop started rebooting after I shut it down, or put it to sleep. Which is not very helpful. Have taken to unplugging it and closing the lid so the battery dies.

I have read about this happening since about 2017 for others and there appears to be no solution. It used to happen on my desktop, randomly, but doesn't any more.

Thanks

Chris

:)

CGreenwood, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Windows 10 reboots after shutdown

Windows 10 Pro will Not shutdown, always reboots.

I understand this issue has been posted for other OS' and for the Win 10 Tech Preview. This thread, however, relates to a final release of the Windows 10 OS.

How do I stop the system from rebooting when I select Shut Down?

Hardware = Lenovo ThinkCentre M82 3306G3U

Windows 10 Pro, regardless of method used to shutdown the computer will always reboot.

• Click Start, Power, Shut down = reboot
    • Right click Start, Shut down or sign out, shut down = reboot
    • Command line shut down = reboot
    • Power button shut down = reboot
    Other threads have suggested uninstalling Intel Management Engine, Intel Security, Intel Rapid storage. Someone also suggested turning off fast boot. Finally, another suggestion I found was Disable Intel Management Interface in device manager. I have
    done all of the above and the computer still reboots.

Does anyone have this issue? Has anyone found a solution? I typically see MS reps on here suggest safe mode, then some other method of stopping services not related to MS because they always believe it isn't the OS or MS developers. I believe this time
    it is an OS flaw. Prove me wrong.

Pics below show I fave fast boot OFF, do issues in Device manager, and my OS edition.

FYI, this was a clean install from a USB drive.

Windows 10 reboots after shutdown 4542936b-f220-4a23-b017-cec7e77716da.jpg

Windows 10 reboots after shutdown ee13451a-fd84-4f92-86c0-7760b8b84137.jpg

Windows 10 reboots after shutdown 0a370471-e4da-48d5-a244-ec4d15f76be5.jpg

MidniteSun0315, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 reboots after shutdown

1. Windows 10 reboots after shutdown - Similar Threads - reboots shutdown

2. Pc reboots once when i shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc reboots once when i shutdown.: Hi, my acer aspire a515-52g, since nearly a year i think, reboots once after i shutdown. I mean literally, i shutdown, it reboots once, i shutdown again and it turns off for good. Almost everytime i shutdown it happens. It doesn't reboot or shutdown in other occasions, no...
  3. Pc reboots once when i shutdown.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc reboots once when i shutdown.: Hi, my acer aspire a515-52g, since nearly a year i think, reboots once after i shutdown. I mean literally, i shutdown, it reboots once, i shutdown again and it turns off for good. Almost everytime i shutdown it happens. It doesn't reboot or shutdown in other occasions, no...
  4. explorer.exe - The memory could not be read. On shutdown/reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer.exe - The memory could not be read. On shutdown/reboot: I plugged this pc and formatted disk in uefi.13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.Today i rebooted pc by shutdown button in start menu and this popped:explorer.exe - application...
  5. explorer.exe - The memory could not be read. On shutdown/reboot

explorer.exe - The memory could not be read. On shutdown/reboot: I plugged this pc and formatted disk in uefi.13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.Today i rebooted pc by shutdown button in start menu and this popped:explorer.exe - application...
  6. Laptop Freeze, need to shutdown and reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Freeze, need to shutdown and reboot: Mini dump files can be found here: 081223-10828-01.zipLaptop specs can be found here: laptop specs.zipRecently got a replacement laptop same make/model as old one. Took SSD from old laptop and installed in new one actually a refurbished laptop, and booted up. All was well...
  7. Laptop Freeze, need to shutdown and reboot

Laptop Freeze, need to shutdown and reboot: Mini dump files can be found here: 081223-10828-01.zipLaptop specs can be found here: laptop specs.zipRecently got a replacement laptop same make/model as old one. Took SSD from old laptop and installed in new one actually a refurbished laptop, and booted up. All was well...
  8. Laptop Freeze, need to shutdown and reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Constant Reboots, and shutdowns.. Doesn't matter what I am doing on pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Reboots, and shutdowns.. Doesn't matter what I am doing on pc.: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2023-‎08-‎13 3:22 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffffd08e5391f010Parameter 2:...
  10. Constant Reboots, and shutdowns.. Doesn't matter what I am doing on pc.

Constant Reboots, and shutdowns.. Doesn't matter what I am doing on pc.: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2023-‎08-‎13 3:22 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffffd08e5391f010Parameter 2:...