Windows 10: Windows 10 Recent files do not appear in jump lists in task bar

Discus and support Windows 10 Recent files do not appear in jump lists in task bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Jump Lists are not working. I have the icons for all the Office apps in the taskbar. I've been used to right-click the Excel icon, and then select the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anders L. Østergård, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Recent files do not appear in jump lists in task bar

Jump Lists are not working. I have the icons for all the Office apps in the taskbar.

I've been used to right-click the Excel icon, and then select the last file I was working on from the list.

Now, the list is short and "random", even after having worked on several files. I see some files, but not necessarily the latest that I worked on.

The same goes for Word, Powerpoint etc.

If I open Excel Word, .. and look in File, I can see all the files. But I would very much like to have the Jump List feature back.

It started going wrong when I migrated to a new PC. Maybe it is normal that the lists from day 1 were empty, but since then the lists are growing, however they do not show all the recent files. For some time they even showed files that were 3-4 years old, but not the recent ones!

:)

Anders L. Østergård, Dec 16, 2020

2. Recent File List

that's all off already dude lol, I'm really surprised there is no fix for the recent files list/MRU in the file menu of programs haha

I appreciate the help, MS really needs to implement a Group Policy or a string that can do that for all programs installed

eidairaman1, Dec 16, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Dec 16, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Recent files do not appear in jump lists in task bar

95Viper, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Recent files do not appear in jump lists in task bar

1. Windows 10 Recent files do not appear in jump lists in task bar - Similar Threads - Recent files appear

2. Windows 11 - Increase Number of Items in Jump List File Explorer Pinned to Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Increase Number of Items in Jump List File Explorer Pinned to Task Bar: I've got Window 11 Pro. I have File Explorer pinned to the Task bar. I've added to the jump list by navigating in File Explorer to the desired folder, clicking the three dots at top - beneath address bar, and selecting Pin to Quick access. This works - until all available...
  3. Windows 11 - Increase Number of Items in Jump List File Explorer Pinned to Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Increase Number of Items in Jump List File Explorer Pinned to Task Bar: I've got Window 11 Pro. I have File Explorer pinned to the Task bar. I've added to the jump list by navigating in File Explorer to the desired folder, clicking the three dots at top - beneath address bar, and selecting Pin to Quick access. This works - until all available...
  4. Why do some files appear in Recent and in jump lists and others do not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do some files appear in Recent and in jump lists and others do not?: It's an endless cycle of trouble with Windows 11. No idea if this is a characteristic of Windows 11 or all Windows.My concern is with various document files, such as PDFs and Word docs. Files opened from explorer, files opened from within the particular application. Many...
  5. Why do some files appear in Recent and in jump lists and others do not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do some files appear in Recent and in jump lists and others do not?: It's an endless cycle of trouble with Windows 11. No idea if this is a characteristic of Windows 11 or all Windows.My concern is with various document files, such as PDFs and Word docs. Files opened from explorer, files opened from within the particular application. Many...
  6. Pinned Office Files do not Stay Pinned; No Recent Files List; [Jump Lists]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned Office Files do not Stay Pinned; No Recent Files List; [Jump Lists]: I ran into a problem again recently when I was helping set up a coworker's workspace. Right-clicking on office programs in the Task Bar for me always shows my recently opened files and files I have pinned there. His weren't showing recent files at all. He could pin files,...
  7. I have lost the recent files in my jump lists.

I have lost the recent files in my jump lists.: I have tried all the most common help topics for this. Settings, Start, Set to show recent files. Even added a line to registry. Nothing is working. I am a tax accountant and haven't kept up with the inner workings of my computer, so when I am told to go to "%appdata% I...
  8. 64 bit Office apps and task bar jump list

64 bit Office apps and task bar jump list: When I installed 64 bit Office the task bar jump list reverted from the 30 items set via Regedit to the standard 10. Any ideas on how to fix that so that I get back to 30 items? Already tried deleting and adding back the registry hack that got me to 30. No joy....
  9. Jump Lists No Longer Appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Jump Lists No Longer Appear: After the uninstallation of some software yesterday, I no longer have jump lists in my taskbar icons. I right click on them, and there's no response whatsoever. Right click functionality on the taskbar itself and in all other places appears to be normal. I'm hoping there will...
  10. Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists: The recently-opened items are not appearing in start menu jump lists despite the correct setting (see sceenshot). Any advice? Thanks. [img] 42013