Windows 10: Windows 10 Recent items feature - setting ① capacity ② files only ③ essential extensions ?

Discus and support Windows 10 Recent items feature - setting ① capacity ② files only ③ essential extensions ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is it possible to setup Recent items of Windows 10 w/o admin-right for any of the following:increase capacity Recent Files - more useful when files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sunny Schindler, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Recent items feature - setting ① capacity ② files only ③ essential extensions ?

Is it possible to setup Recent items of Windows 10 w/o admin-right for any of the following:increase capacity Recent Files - more useful when files already listed: exclude folders Recent Office Documents - useful to filter out Helper files

:)

Sunny Schindler, Nov 24, 2021

2. Recent File List

that's all off already dude lol, I'm really surprised there is no fix for the recent files list/MRU in the file menu of programs haha

I appreciate the help, MS really needs to implement a Group Policy or a string that can do that for all programs installed

eidairaman1, Nov 24, 2021
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Nov 24, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Recent items feature - setting ① capacity ② files only ③ essential extensions ?

95Viper, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Recent items feature - setting ① capacity ② files only ③ essential extensions ?

1. Windows 10 Recent items feature - setting ① capacity ② files only ③ essential extensions ? - Similar Threads - Recent items feature

2. Recent Files on Taskbar Items Regular Stop Showing Recent Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Files on Taskbar Items Regular Stop Showing Recent Files: So I guess this is another feature which used to work perfectly fine e.g. in Windows 7 and now is broken in Windows 10/11.See the attached image.Every 2-3 weeks, the Recent Files on taskbar icons just stop refreshing. Also, in Windows 7, one was able to actually drag'n'drop...
  3. Recent Files on Taskbar Items Regular Stop Showing Recent Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Files on Taskbar Items Regular Stop Showing Recent Files: So I guess this is another feature which used to work perfectly fine e.g. in Windows 7 and now is broken in Windows 10/11.See the attached image.Every 2-3 weeks, the Recent Files on taskbar icons just stop refreshing. Also, in Windows 7, one was able to actually drag'n'drop...
  4. Windows 10 Recent items feature - setting ① capacity ② files only ③ essential extensions ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Recent items feature - setting ① capacity ② files only ③ essential extensions ?: Is it possible to setup Recent items of Windows 10 w/o admin-right for any of the following:increase capacity Recent Files - more useful when files already listed: exclude folders Recent Office Documents - useful to filter out Helper files...
  5. Windows 10 Recent items feature - setting ① capacity ② files only ③ essential extensions ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Recent items feature - setting ① capacity ② files only ③ essential extensions ?: Is it possible to setup Recent items of Windows 10 w/o admin-right for any of the following:increase capacity Recent Files - more useful when files already listed: exclude folders Recent Office Documents - useful to filter out Helper files...
  6. Set up Recent items

Set up Recent items: Set up Recent items https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-recent-items/a61f5ef2-1ac7-4e19-a67e-bbd03ad8ea0e
  7. Windows 10 Clipboard History only pastes most recent item

Windows 10 Clipboard History only pastes most recent item: I use the Windows 10 Clipboard History Win + V feature often. Recently, it stopped working correctly. It now doesn't matter which item I select from the list, it will only paste the most recent value. In this screenshot, I can select any item either via the keyboard or...
  8. Issue with Windows 10 Recent Items

in Cortana
    Issue with Windows 10 Recent Items: I am having an issue with Windows 10 not showing recently used files in Network drives but if I open a file locally it does show up in Recent Items under This PC. I have the option turned on to show Recent Items and I even cleared it but the issue seems to persist. Am I...
  9. How to add File name extensions item to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add File name extensions item to Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has added a feature on the File Explorer Options or Folder Options ribbon and mini window on Windows 10 which allows the user to either enable or disable the file extensions’ visibility in the File Explorer. However, some users [...] This post How...
  10. Recent Files in MFC application is not showing extensions

Recent Files in MFC application is not showing extensions: Hello, I have an MFC application which has Recent Files option under File menu. If we hide the extensions in folder view, Recent Files in application also not showing extension even if the file name is stored with extension in the registry. How to display the extension...