Windows 10: windows 10 recent problem

Discus and support windows 10 recent problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my laptop was working fine untill i noticed my game no longer wants to connect online. then realised windows update no longer works gives an error that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SaneleMthembu, Jan 16, 2021.

1. windows 10 recent problem

my laptop was working fine untill i noticed my game no longer wants to connect online. then realised windows update no longer works gives an error that i must check the network but i can still surf the web or even watching YouTube videos. all apps say the same thing. ive followed almost all advice from Microsoft support of similar situations but problem continues. i even reset my laptop twice one without deleting files and other with deleting files still the problem continues. this is the same network ive neen using ever since i got the laptop and like i said it connects to the internet browser and works exceptionally well but apps cant connect please help

:)

SaneleMthembu, Jan 16, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 16, 2021
  4. slozomby Win User

windows 10 recent problem

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 recent problem

1. windows 10 recent problem - Similar Threads - recent problem

2. Keyboard/mouse lag, problem appeared very recently like 2 days ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard/mouse lag, problem appeared very recently like 2 days ago: Hi there ! i'm aware that there is MILLION possibilities which can cause that issue, but i'm trying to fix it anyway, because it is very annoying and i can't work properlyHere's the problem : either is my keyboard or my mouse clicks and hovers, there is lags happening...
  3. Keyboard/mouse lag, problem appeared very recently like 2 days ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard/mouse lag, problem appeared very recently like 2 days ago: Hi there ! i'm aware that there is MILLION possibilities which can cause that issue, but i'm trying to fix it anyway, because it is very annoying and i can't work properlyHere's the problem : either is my keyboard or my mouse clicks and hovers, there is lags happening...
  4. Keyboard/mouse lag, problem appeared very recently like 2 days ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hello , so recently i have this problem where the power supply is not working .

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hello , so recently i have this problem where the power supply is not working .: I have seen ways to fix it , but i don't think i can trust them . I need the safest way to fix the power supply or/and if it doesnt fix , i need the safest way to shut down my computer . I can't risk losing information....
  6. Hello , so recently i have this problem where the power supply is not working .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello , so recently i have this problem where the power supply is not working .: I have seen ways to fix it , but i don't think i can trust them . I need the safest way to fix the power supply or/and if it doesnt fix , i need the safest way to shut down my computer . I can't risk losing information....
  7. Hello , so recently i have this problem where the power supply is not working .

8. Hello please help, i ran into a problem recently with my Huawei matebook d15 BOHK-WAX9X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello please help, i ran into a problem recently with my Huawei matebook d15 BOHK-WAX9X: The problem is the network adapter keeps not working, so i discovered that the driver itself is the problem because it doesn't work very well with windows 11, So i tried to download a new one but ended up deleting the driver itself so i downgraded to windows 10 so i can find...
  9. Hello please help, i ran into a problem recently with my Huawei matebook d15 BOHK-WAX9X

Hello please help, i ran into a problem recently with my Huawei matebook d15 BOHK-WAX9X: The problem is the network adapter keeps not working, so i discovered that the driver itself is the problem because it doesn't work very well with windows 11, So i tried to download a new one but ended up deleting the driver itself so i downgraded to windows 10 so i can find...
  10. Hello, my games have been crashing recently on my pc and I don't know what the problem is.

Hello, my games have been crashing recently on my pc and I don't know what the problem is.: I haven't been getting any bluescreens but whenever I launch a game it either crashes 30 seconds after being in the game or 20mins after ive been in the game. I've already tried doing a sfc scan, updating my drivers, checking my ssd and hdd, ran a memory check. If you could...