Windows 10: Windows 10 recent update affects my USB audio interface to record or play back on recording...

Discus and support Windows 10 recent update affects my USB audio interface to record or play back on recording... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Why did the Windows 10 update do something to my USB microphone interface? I can't record, or even playback once I start to record on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FrillsTO, Feb 25, 2019.

1. FrillsTO Win User

Windows 10 recent update affects my USB audio interface to record or play back on recording...

Hi everyone,

Why did the Windows 10 update do something to my USB microphone interface?

I can't record, or even playback once I start to record on music software, which is Reaper. I also tried this on Audacity and same issue.

This is the 2nd time that Windows update has really affected my recording Gigs.

I was recording and doing musical work perfectly before Windows 10 October 2018 Update affected my USB interface, again.

How can I resolve this as my recording software is okay, but Windows seem to have affected my audio or USB connection in some way.

I have also disabled antivirus temporarily and also ensured that I checked to see if the Reaper program is working correctly.

:)

FrillsTO, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Can't record from USB audio interface

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 and I’m trying to record using my USB audio interface. Problem is, since I upgraded it will not record from my USB interface, instead it records from my laptop’s internal microphone. I have been able to get the USB
    interface to playback by setting it as my default speakers and changing the setting to “DVD quality” however that only works for playback and the recording still doesn’t work. When I open the “Sound” app it shows no green bars under record, yet continues to
    show green bars for my internal mic. At my wit’s end here as I need this to work asap! Help would be appreciated.

spkrsnotworkn, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 recent update affects my USB audio interface to record or play back on recording...

Audio recording

For clarification, we would like to know if you are trying to record a voice recording directly to Windows Media. If yes, it is not possible to record vocal tracks directly into Windows Media Player, you can import the files into your library after they
    have been recorded with a different audio software program. Windows Media Player enables you to record sounds from a microphone or other audio devices. Media Player also copies or burns pre-recorded music, photo and data files. See steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player on a PC with a drive that's capable of burning CDs.
    • Click on the Burn tab at the top of the window.
    • Click on Burn options.
    • Select a format for the CD you want to burn:
      • Click on Audio CD to burn the disc as an audio CD that can be played in any CD player.
      • Click on Data CD to burn the disk in a data format that stores music files in MP3 format.
    • Insert a blank CD into the drive.
    • Select the audio you want to put on the CD. To do so, click on an item and drag it from the Player Library in the left pane of the window to the burn list in the right pane
    • windows media player. The burning process will take several minutes. Once finished, your CD will eject automatically.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Michael Gall, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 recent update affects my USB audio interface to record or play back on recording...

1. Windows 10 recent update affects my USB audio interface to record or play back on recording... - Similar Threads - recent update affects

2. can't record/input with microphone anymore on USB audio interface... Did 22H2 affect this,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't record/input with microphone anymore on USB audio interface... Did 22H2 affect this,...: I usually use a USB audio interface and a good mic for Skype and recording in Pro Tools. I haven't used the input recording mic/interface for about a month, and I wanted to get on Skype tonight. The mic input isn't giving me a signal.I updated the driver and firmware which...
  3. can't record/input with microphone anymore on USB audio interface... Did 22H2 affect this,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't record/input with microphone anymore on USB audio interface... Did 22H2 affect this,...: I usually use a USB audio interface and a good mic for Skype and recording in Pro Tools. I haven't used the input recording mic/interface for about a month, and I wanted to get on Skype tonight. The mic input isn't giving me a signal.I updated the driver and firmware which...
  4. Why windows Voice recorder when used with audio interface it automatically records in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows Voice recorder when used with audio interface it automatically records in...: Why windows Voice recorder when used with audio interface it automatically records in stereo mode instead of mono?* Moved from Community Center...
  5. Why windows Voice recorder when used with audio interface it automatically records in...

Why windows Voice recorder when used with audio interface it automatically records in...: Why windows Voice recorder when used with audio interface it automatically records in stereo mode instead of mono?* Moved from Community Center...
  6. Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface: Every application that I have that can record audio, now sounds like a zoom call where the connection is bad. Playback is normal. Regardless of the program used the results are the same this seems like a driver or OS issue. I can use the same audio interface on my android...
  7. Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface

Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface: Every application that I have that can record audio, now sounds like a zoom call where the connection is bad. Playback is normal. Regardless of the program used the results are the same this seems like a driver or OS issue. I can use the same audio interface on my android...
  8. Recorded Game Play Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recorded Game Play Audio: When I play back a game I recorded, towards the end of the video, the game play audio becomes shaky and distorted. It doesn't sound like that when I'm playing, only on the recording.I've tried the following:- Reconnecting my microphone- Getting a new microphone - Using...
  9. Audio recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio recording: How can I test my microphone on my HP Pavillion to ensure it's working correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-recording/4102eee7-05c3-4fca-b19d-ad466c42980c
  10. USB VOICE RECORDER WILL NOT PLAY WITH WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB VOICE RECORDER WILL NOT PLAY WITH WINDOWS 10: TRYING TO LISTEN TO USB VOICE RECORDER IN WINDOWS 10. SYSTEM DOSE NOT OPEN THE USB DRIVE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-voice-recorder-will-not-play-with-windows-10/a189cb92-2691-489a-bde3-025938c33c13