Windows 10: Windows 10 recent update error - BOOT DEVICE INVALID, help needed

Discus and support Windows 10 recent update error - BOOT DEVICE INVALID, help needed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there all, I use a GIGABYTE motherboard and after installing the most recent update it won’t let me start my PC, it just opens the BIOS menu and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eggboyjames, May 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 recent update error - BOOT DEVICE INVALID, help needed

Hi there all, I use a GIGABYTE motherboard and after installing the most recent update it won’t let me start my PC, it just opens the BIOS menu and then says ‘Your PC did not start properly’ Could anyone advise? Help would be really appreciated.

submitted by /u/eggboyjames
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/eggboyjames, May 24, 2020

2. Unable to boot the device with error: 0xc0000428 on Windows 10

Hi Vuk,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in booting the device with 0xc0000428 error. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you make any hardware/ software changes to your device prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that when you attempt to start a Windows 10 system, the system fails to start normally and you receive an error:
    0xc0000428 for the signed driver dlkmdldr.sys. Do confirm us if you are facing the same issue.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the device and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the device by choosing the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode from the advanced boot menu, you would be able to boot the system to the desktop.

• Try to boot the device to Windows Recovery Environment
    • Click on Advanced options, Startup Settings
      and Restart.
    • Once the computer restarts, press F7 key to start he device on
      Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode.
    • Check if the computer boot successfully.

Step 3: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device after restarting the computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above an update us the status of this issue to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, May 24, 2020
  3. Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, May 24, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 recent update error - BOOT DEVICE INVALID, help needed

DRDNA, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 recent update error - BOOT DEVICE INVALID, help needed

1. Windows 10 recent update error - BOOT DEVICE INVALID, help needed - Similar Threads - recent update error

2. Need Help With Stop code:INACCESSIBIE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help With Stop code:INACCESSIBIE BOOT DEVICE: Need help been getting the stop code inaccessibile Boot device I tried factory resetting and now I’m just stuck on the blue screen I can get into bios but can’t get into windows advanced blue thing any ideas?I’m curious if it’s because of that SSD update is the problem but...
  3. Need Help With Stop code:INACCESSIBIE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Help With Stop code:INACCESSIBIE BOOT DEVICE: Need help been getting the stop code inaccessibile Boot device I tried factory resetting and now I’m just stuck on the blue screen I can get into bios but can’t get into windows advanced blue thing any ideas?I’m curious if it’s because of that SSD update is the problem but...
  4. Need Help With Stop code:INACCESSIBIE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 login stopped working with invalid PIN error after recent update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login stopped working with invalid PIN error after recent update: Hello,Couple of days back, i started my win 10 laptop and it directly takes me to screen shows my phone number as login user and message to setup new PIN.when i follow the process enter password, get the code on my phone, enter the phone and at final step, i hit the verify...
  6. Need help with boot error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with boot error: Today my win 10 updated and after that it wouldnt boot it was just my cursor and a Black screen. Tried some methods solving it and ended up with this error: LogonUI.exe system error The system experienced some kind of overflow in the app and that could cause someone else to...
  7. Fix Invalid Configuration Information – Windows 10 boot error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Invalid Configuration Information – Windows 10 boot error: [ATTACH]If when you power-on or boot your Windows 10 computer and you encounter the black screen with the error message Invalid Configuration Information, then this […] This article Fix Invalid Configuration Information – Windows 10 boot error first appeared on...
  8. need help with windows update error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help with windows update error: i keep getting this when i try to update [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-windows-update-error/60763d95-8190-4d03-b6c3-6869026c71f1
  9. I need help - "No boot device found"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help - "No boot device found": [ATTACH] Can someone help me? My daughter's computer has been around for a long time. I would appreciate it with all my heart * Original title: I need help...
  10. PC boots as mobile device after recent update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC boots as mobile device after recent update: I've had this problem before and I don't know how it ultimately got resolved, but my PC is booting up as a mobile device, and it does not recognize my GTX 980 GPU. Next thing I know, my screen is absolutely huge. I've tried a clean install of the NVIDIA driver and also ran...